• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current gen games with physical manuals

Dark Souls III Apocalypse Edition (PAL region) – color manual, 48 pages

26460481260_d2c1828e79_b.jpg

The regular edition has it as well.
I was genuinely surprised to see an actual manual for a physical game this day and age.

OP at first I was kinda annoyed too when we weren't getting manuals anymore but now I think it's the right thing to do. Theyre/were saving paper, right?

This thread is great and it got me thinking about something else. Game case spines. EU mostly gets plain text while NA gets logo spines. Anyone care about game / steelbook spines and how they look on the shelves like I do?

dracula_x

This thread is great and it got me thinking about something else. Game case spines. EU mostly gets plain text while NA gets logo spines. Anyone care about game / steelbook spines and how they look on the shelves like I do?

Yep, sometimes. I prefer logo spines instead of plain text like in EU.

Yep, sometimes. I prefer logo spines instead of plain text like in EU.

Like my EU copy of Chrono Trigger DS has the logo spine but SE seemed to do plain text for NA on DS.

Back on topic, I got my copies of Divinity Original Sin PS4 and Wasteland 2 PS4 and both have manuals. W2 is BW while D:OS is colour.

flohen95

The other day, I went through my stuff to see which current gen games that I own have manuals. So I might as well contribute that here. I'm just going to dump the list I made, so there will be duplicates with other posts in this thread. I'm also not guaranteeing this to be 100% correct in regards to the number of pages, whether the manual is fully coloured or not and which languages are included.

Every game on this list is the German USK Version with German language content in the manual, except otherwise noted. Also, if not otherwise noted, the manual is black and white only.

3DS

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy (26 pages)
Bit.Trip Saga (colour, 12 pages)
Cave Story 3D (16 pages)
Code of Princess (Canadian version, colour, 62 pages, content in English and French)
Cubic Ninja (24 pages)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (colour, 17 pages)
The Sims 3 (28 pages)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (US version, colour, 38 pages, content in English)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games London 2012 (21 pages)
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends (colour, 30 pages)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (19 pages)
Pilotwings Resort (colour, 13 pages)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (38 pages)
Shinobi (18 pages)
Shovel Knight (colour, 45 pages)
Sonic Generations (18 pages)
Star Fox 64 3D (colour, 21 pages)
Steel Diver (colour, 15 pages)
Super Pokémon Rumble (UK version, colour, 20 pages, content in English)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (colour, 61 pages)
Tales of the Abyss (68 pages, content in English and French)
Tekken 3D Prime Edition (15 pages)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (colour, 40 pages)

Wii U

NintendoLand (PAL bundle copy, colour, 21 pages, content in English, German, French, Dutch and Russian)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (manual for the Wii version of the game, Wii U version gets a seperate quick guide, 12 pages)
Wii Fit U (PAL bundle copy, colour, 38 pages, content in English, German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish)

PS4

Disgaea 5 (8 pages)
Oneechanbara Z II Chaos (8 pages)
Senran Kagura Estival Versus (US version, colour, 37 pages, content in English)

PS Vita

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation (10 pages)
(Child of Light (4 pages, basically a quick guide but still a lot more than most Vita games get, which is absolutely nothing))
Lumines: Electronic Symphony (22 pages)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (colour, 26 pages)
Michael Jackson: The Experience HD (20 pages)
New Little King's Story (colour, 10 pages)
Rayman Origins (20 pages)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (US version, no manual in box, but always comes with 140 page book containing manual-like elements, content in English)
Shinbido 2 Revenge of Zen (13 pages)
(Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz (4 pages, see Child of Light))

That's it. What's interesting to note is that my (German) Vita copy of Senran Kagura Estival Versus didn't come with a manual as opposed to the US PS4 version, which is either a PS4 - Vita or a US - EU thing (or GameStop screwed me out of my manual). There are also quite a lot of games that appear to have coloured manuals in the US but only get black-and-white versions of them in Germany, at least.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I might have made if you also own the version I listed.

The other day, I went through my stuff to see which current gen games that I own have manuals. So I might as well contribute that here. I'm just going to dump the list I made, so there will be duplicates with other posts in this thread. I'm also not guaranteeing this to be 100% correct in regards to the number of pages, whether the manual is fully coloured or not and which languages are included.

Every game on this list is the German USK Version with German language content in the manual, except otherwise noted. Also, if not otherwise noted, the manual is black and white only.

3DS

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy (26 pages)
Bit.Trip Saga (colour, 12 pages)
Cave Story 3D (16 pages)
Code of Princess (Canadian version, colour, 62 pages, content in English and French)
Cubic Ninja (24 pages)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (colour, 17 pages)
The Sims 3 (28 pages)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (US version, colour, 38 pages, content in English)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games London 2012 (21 pages)
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends (colour, 30 pages)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (19 pages)
Pilotwings Resort (colour, 13 pages)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (38 pages)
Shinobi (18 pages)
Sonic Generations (18 pages)
Star Fox 64 3D (colour, 21 pages)
Steel Diver (colour, 15 pages)
Super Pokémon Rumble (UK version, colour, 20 pages, content in English)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (colour, 61 pages)
Tales of the Abyss (68 pages, content in English and French)
Tekken 3D Prime Edition (15 pages)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (colour, 40 pages)

Wii U

NintendoLand (PAL bundle copy, colour, 21 pages, content in English, German, French, Dutch and Russian)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (manual for the Wii version of the game, Wii U version gets a seperate quick guide, 12 pages)
Wii Fit U (PAL bundle copy, colour, 38 pages, content in Englisch, German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish)

PS4

Disgaea 5 (8 pages)
Oneechanbara Z II Chaos (8 pages)
Senran Kagura Estival Versus (US version, colour, 37 pages, content in English)

PS Vita

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation (10 pages)
(Child of Light (4 pages, basically a quick guide but still a lot more than most Vita games get, which is absolutely nothing))
Lumines: Electronic Symphony (22 pages)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (colour, 26 pages)
Michael Jackson: The Experience HD (20 pages)
New Little King's Story (colour, 10 pages)
Rayman Origins (20 pages)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (US version, no manual in box, but always comes with 140 page book containing manual-like elements, content in English)
Shinbido 2 Revenge of Zen (13 pages)
(Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz (4 pages, see Child of Light))

That's it. What's interesting to note is that my (German) Vita copy of Senran Kagura Estival Versus didn't come with a manual as opposed to the US PS4 version, which is either a PS4 - Vita or a US - EU thing (or GameStop screwed me out of my manual). There are also quite a lot of games that appear to have coloured manuals in the US but only get black-and-white versions of them in Germany, at least.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I might have made if you also own the version I listed.

MGS HD on vita has that manual for PAL. I own both NA and PAL on vita. NA has empty box with game.

petran79

Banned
Warcraft comes with a thick manual. Cant remember exact page numbers but it was above 200.
Boxed version did cost 5 euro, including 1 month subscription.

Top Bottom