• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Can you do different variations of this for MK8? Maybe not that minimal? I really like your work. It has consistent text and styles. I'll be using your WWHD one and hopefully your MK8 box art.

Special bonus super awesome mega request - Can you do a Arkham City Armored Edtition box art please?

Pretty Please

EDIT: holy crap I just found your dropbox link. Is there a reason you have 2 of the same ones? like the SM3DW, I'm trying to spot the difference. Perhaps one is your updated version?

Hey thanks for the kind words :) I've been trying to come up with new ideas for MK8 since I made this one but nothing has worked so far. I'll definitely keep trying since there is bound to be more art released coming up to its release date - any ideas?

I'll be happy to do an Arkham City one for you.

Some have been updated with more accurate colours; at the start I had my custom colour management profile all messed up; but if they look good to you, use them. I'll end up updating them all one day (in a galaxy far, far away) when I get the time.

Jigolo

Hey thanks for the kind words :) I've been trying to come up with new ideas for MK8 since I made this one but nothing has worked so far. I'll definitely keep trying since there is bound to be more art released coming up to its release date - any ideas?

I'll be happy to do an Arkham City one for you.

Some have been updated with more accurate colours; at the start I had my custom colour management profile all messed up; but if they look good to you, use them. I'll end up updating them all one day (in a galaxy far, far away) when I get the time.

Excellent. thanks for your hard work.

If you're not keen for the coloured 'batman' logo; pick out another one via google pictures and i'll incorporate that for you.

EDIT: Just screwing around now ;)
EDIT2: Wow, the 'spotlight' logo works nothing like that at all; lol. Huge Batman fan I am :p

ioPMbNz.png

hurzelein

Assassins Creed Liberation

Haven't even played this but wanted to work on a cover, found a nice front artwork for this and figured why not. Have this for Vita, but made it a PS3 sized cover and will port this to Vita size later (if I ever find a place to buy the boxes in Europe). So no "HD" in the title.

vvise

dam, had an idea for a cover and put a bunch of time into it... i hate how it came out but it's done so i might as well post it up :(

add on :: second attempt, bit more minimal

I love both, vvise. Awesome work.

Also, Re: white 'spotlight' Batman logo. I'll get it uploaded today for you :)

EDIT: Here you go, Jigolo.

I'm planning on picking up AC1 and AC2 for PC on Thursday since it's pretty cheap at JB hi-fi, but it's got this awful packaging

l1N6PzB.jpg

So I figured why not create my own cover art, print it out when I get the game and fix it like that?

printable: http://i.imgur.com/2tef8Gl.jpg
And that's exactly what I decided to do.

I've also been taking covers in this thread and adding in the regular system info so that they look more neat in my library.
Prince of Persia 2008 http://i.imgur.com/PfxflEF.jpg
Metroid Prime Trilogy http://i.imgur.com/If0hncP.jpg
Sonic Unleashed http://i.imgur.com/RdLh62s.jpg

And here's one I made since there are so few Darkness 1 covers :(
http://i.imgur.com/DKLmCXs.png
I'm not 100% pleased with how it turned out(especially the back) but eh, it'll have to do.

openrob

My attempt at a Call of Duty Ghosts box art for Wii U. Attempted this because my dog chewed the original case! Ironic really.

Click box for full image.

wilflare

anyone got a nice cover for the following PS3 games
- trying to get them to look flushed with the new binding (rather than the launch binding)

- Heavenly Sword
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Ratchet & Clank - Tools of Destruction
- Eternal Sonata

Blowdrum

Neo Member
Has anyone made a matching set of covers for Uncharted 1,2 & 3?

I'm looking at it on my shelf right now, next to my matching Halo covers, and it looks so out of place.

Zajora

that's really awesome!
now i need to hunt for clear game cases to replace my red PS3 ones! :D

any recommendations how to print them?

The best results would probably be from a shop with a proper printer, like Staples, Kinko's or something like that. Alternatively you can print them with your regular inkjet printer on glossy photopaper, or even regular paper (though that will certainly not be as high quality as photopaper)

Has anyone made a matching set of covers for Uncharted 1,2 & 3?

I'm looking at it on my shelf right now, next to my matching Halo covers, and it looks so out of place.

There are a pile of Uncharted covers (24 results for my quick search) but I'm not sure how matching you want them to be.

U2NUMB made 3 with a similar vignette style:

If those aren't to your taste..

Here is a link to the Dropbox backup I created. It contains all covers that I was able to download (that had working links) from both the Custom Cover Art thread and the original PS3 redesign thread.

To get to the full size covers, go to "Custom Covers/[System of your choice]/Large". The "Small" folders are for the 3D Box Previews. "Printed Covers" is for pictures people have taken of the covers from this thread that they've printed.

To download the full resolution of a cover, click the thumbnail/filename, then right click it and select "Download". Although Dropbox will display a scaled preview, the file you download will be full size.

It is possible to change the view between the thumbnail grid and detail view of filenames with this button:

jP52EX1k0xVpL.PNG

The detail view is useful to find particular games within the folder for systems with large numbers of covers, since you can use Ctrl+F to search for a particular games.

All covers in the Dropbox should be correctly named with their corresponding game, in JPEG format, and tagged with their author. If you notice a cover that has incorrect metadata or is a duplicate, please PM me, Zajora. If you notice a cover that was created by a member and posted in one of the threads but is not included in the Dropbox, please let me know. :)

Also: Please do not link directly to any covers in the Dropbox. I can't guarantee that I won't change the folder organization or the filename, which would lead to a broken link.

Gorgeous stuff Wolfgang!
Thanks Db :)
How do you cut out your covers?
Scalpel, steel rule & wooden cutting board.

Unfortunately the printing place I went to couldn't get the dimensions correct (even though they are 100% correct in my images) and came out a little smaller for some of the earlier prints. The white edges on some of them are because I put the original cover facing inwards eg:

17R0zv3.jpg
MqRvcHo.jpg

KiDdYoNe

Oh. My. God. Thank you guys so much, every single one who participated in this thing, thank you. You doing a great job and i'm gonna change almost whole my collection into your covers. And since my PS3 collection is almost done, that should be easy. Again, thanks to anyone who participated. Much love.

Also Catherine

PS3. Please. It's awesome.

RedSwirl

Not really feeling the artwork I'm finding out there for Watch_Dogs and Wolfenstein, especially the former. My problem with WD is the protagonist. I just don't think he's an interesting-looking character.

Oh. My. God. Thank you guys so much, every single one who participated in this thing, thank you. You doing a great job and i'm gonna change almost whole my collection into your covers. And since my PS3 collection is almost done, that should be easy. Again, thanks to anyone who participated. Much love.

Thanks! I'll try to make PS3 versions on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyone do any Watch Dogs covers yet?

I just know the one i'm getting Gamestop tomorrow is gonna have that shitty ass "Gamestop Edition" banner across it, so it looks like WatchDogs will be the first custom cover I'll legitimately print out.
PS4 version btw...

Son Of D

Got a bit of an odd request. I don't actually have Photoshop so I've been using Gimp to make a cover. If it's not an issue would anyone be able to put this cover I made into Photoshop and see if the dimensions are right with the 3D box converter? Since I doubt there's a plugin for Gimp.

ksdixon

acbps3_3dcovernuth.png
alicemadnessps3_3dcovevugp.png

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Cover
Alice: Madness Returns: Cover

alicemadness2ps3_3dcovhumk.png
bioshock_3dcover8ue5.png

Alice: Madness Returns: Alt 1
Bioshock: Cover

castlevanialos1ps3_3dcnut0.png
castlevanialos2ps3_3dcfup5.png

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Cover | Alt 1

darksoulsps3_3dcover4uhk.png
deusexa_3dcovergu6c.png

Dark Souls: Cover
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Cover | Alt 1 w black strip

dragonageoriginsps3_3ddu5y.png
ds2ps3_3dcovermuv9.png

Dragon Age Origins: Cover
Dead Space 2: Cover

gow3ps3_3dcovertuj5.png
heavyrainps3_3dcover1uar.png

God of War 3: Cover
Heavy Rain: Cover

homefrontps3_3dcovereuxj.png
icosotccollectionps3_cuu1v.png

Homefront: Cover
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Cover

infamous_3dcoversu5x.png
infamous2aps3_3dcoverpu7h.png

Infamous: Cover
Infamous 2: Cover | Cover w black strip

infamous2a_3dcovermug8.png
killzone3ps3_3dcoverlu98.png

Infamous 2: Alt 1 | Alt 1 w black strip
Killzone 3: Cover

masseffect2ps3_3dcover9u1x.png
me2garrusps3_3dcoverzu11.png

Mass Effect 2: Cover | Garrus Alt

me2gruntps3_3dcoversunw.png
me2kriosps3_3dcover7uo8.png

Mass Effect 2: Grunt Alt | Thane Krios Alt

me2mirandaps3_3dcover3ux9.png
me2sheppardps3_3dcover4usi.png

Mass Effect 2: Miranda Alt | Sheppard Alt

me2talips3_3dcoverhu4h.png
masseffect3femshepps3_sumk.png

Mass Effect 2: Tali Alt
Mass Effect 3: Femshep Cover

mirrorsedge_ps3coverfu33.png
ngs2_3dcoveruu70.png

Mirror's Edge: Cover
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma: Cover

reddeadredemption1ps3_ruq4.png
reddeadredemption2ps3_zu8r.png

Red Dead Redemption: Cover | Alt 1

rncacitps3_3dcoverhuma.png
resistance3_3dtest5f1uic4q.png

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time: Cover
Resistance 3: Cover

slycollection_3dcover3ucz.png
uncharted3ps3_3dcover0une.png

Sly Cooper Collection: Cover
Uncharted 3: Cover

woah cool, how do you get the pics inside cases like that?

Got a bit of an odd request. I don't actually have Photoshop so I've been using Gimp to make a cover. If it's not an issue would anyone be able to put this cover I made into Photoshop and see if the dimensions are right with the 3D box converter? Since I doubt there's a plugin for Gimp.

ZycQFDd.png

Here you go. Kinda forgot you asked with all the watch dogs going on.

Anyone do any Watch Dogs covers yet?

I just know the one i'm getting Gamestop tomorrow is gonna have that shitty ass "Gamestop Edition" banner across it, so it looks like WatchDogs will be the first custom cover I'll legitimately print out.
PS4 version btw...

Yes sir, I did a few.

They're in the dropbox.

If anyone wants to use the second or fourth ones let me know and I'll fix the white on white problem.

Seems like a good place as any other to post this.

Remake:

Original:

More or so executed:

It's very WIP still. (I'm remastering everything including logo's, manual, artwork and cover)

My intent is not minimalistic, it's doing a "what if" Nintendo did a limited run of Gameboy Cartridges in 2014, and for that I'm aiming for the original look and feel for the most part, albeit stuck in a newer and better case and not remastered in a lousy way through copy pasted scans and files not prepared for print. Taking a lot longer than I originally thought I would.

How did you remaster the artwork on the front? You ever get in touch with the guy on Deviant Art?
I didn't, I figured if you did contact him and didn't get an answer I wouldn't as well... Plus I don't have a Deviantart account either.

Also, most guys (including me) even if they give out a higher resolution version they'll never hand out the editable one for a matter of principle. ("plagiarism" woes, mostly, and the fact they invested so many hours on that file to just give it away like that). and I wanted the file in editable form, badly.

I also noticed (when I started vectorizing only) that he missed some things on his remastering because he clearly based it the only full landscape artwork on the web which is very low quality.

I think he's a way better illustrator than I am, because I haven't remastered drawings/artwork like this since... 2006? But he missed a few details, notice the duck head for instance, it's fully rounded on his artwork while the original (can be seen on the cover scan I left above) does a bandana thing on the front, waves are also not very close and the island on the lake has some extra detail on the cover. the pallete is also not very close (although I'm uncertain how much better I can pull it, he clearly had some trial and error judging from some of his earlier attempts)

It's not major, but well, if I was just redoing what he already did I'd feel grumpy. (I kinda am, though)

I can share high res versions of my assets once I'm done, but the current version I have has no color still. Sadly I don't have an ETA, first I thought, "well, 3 days and it's done" but it's taking longer because I use every chance I have to do other things for some reason (like remastering the super game boy logo).

Grief.exe

I can share high res versions of my assets once I'm done, but the current version I have has no color still. Sadly I don't have an ETA, first I thought, "well, 3 days and it's done" but it's taking longer because I use every chance I have to do other things for some reason (like remastering the super game boy logo).

Well, keep up the good work looking amazing so far.

I make my own PC, GB/GBA, PS2, GC, etc game covers and I will say they all take an inordinate amount of time to complete. And I am not doing a professional job like you are.

Quasimod0

Neo Member
Hey guys. I just joined to say what an amazing job you all do on these covers. They are fantastic. I've printed a few out myself and I love em.

Renpatsu

Hi guys I'm new on GAF, but since last year I've been making Vita cover art in my spare time between design projects. I figured I'd post them for anyone who might enjoy.

wdqUZNX.jpg

Of course you can also just check the Imgur, or Minus link.

Note: While I made these I was still refining the template so there are slight differences between the cover art style.

COVERS (As uncompressed PNGs)
CastleStorm
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Frobisher Says
Guacamelee!
Hotline Miami
KickBeat
Killzone Mercenary
Lone Survivor
MotorStorm RC
OlliOlli
Freedom Wars
Rayman Legends
Severed
Sound Shapes
Spelunky
Stick it to the Man
Super Stardust Delta
Thomas Was Alone
Tokyo Jungle Mobile
TxK

I know we have the template for PC games, but has anyone considered a specific "Steam" template? I'd love to get my steam game list on a physical shelf.

I've found this mockup but the proportions are all wrong.

Witcher2SteamCover.jpg

Grief.exe

Ya the spine is way to skinny, I love that design though.

I actually like it better than what I am currently using, do you happen to have that in a higher resolution?

Top Bottom