• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
C4WtfuA.jpg

So in the end I pulled back from the brush script type and went with the official type. Small difference, but I think it feels more balanced than my first pass.

Hey, I really appreciate the shoutout. There's more coming down the line, that's a certainty (I'll make so many that you'll simply HAVE to get a Vita).

Consider how much great Shinkawa cover art is already out there for people to pick and choose from. I wanted to try something different using another great artist.
I actually really like this. It's not a very standard cover, but its uniqueness is what makes it good. Not many people would have chosen Ashley Wood art.

So I'm about to pack away my Wii games indefinitely, so I was wondering if any of you knew about or have any awesome NTSC Wii Sports full-size DVD covers? Mine came in the sleeve and I printed out my own (it looks really crappy) and put it in a non-Wii case, and I'm going to fix that now. Also any covers for Link's Crossbow Training would be appreciated as well. ^_^

Since I'm a bit of a purist, I'd rather it be as close to the PAL versions as possible.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/085/e/3/e3bc6a9cf271d312.png ?

JDHarbs

14775876083_a45dfa8854_z.jpg

Testing out the Xbox One template posted on the previous page. Cover was done in the same style as the Halo novels to make my Halo collection look better on my shelf. I plan on doing the rest of the series in a similar fashion.

Hi-Res Download

JDHarbs

Anybody have a 0G Xbox template? Nothing in the OP or in a topic search unless I completely overlooked it. I'm guessing I could probably just use the 360 template and replace the logos.

JDHarbs

Continuing my novel-style covers for the rest of the Halo series. Here are the main entries. I will be moving on to the side games next. Feedback is always appreciated :)

Edit: removed images

So after a few years of waiting for a "realistic" Wii Sports cover, I decided to make one. I couldn't find one that is true to the original sleeve but as a "box", so I modelled it after the Nintendo Selects re-release as best I could to get it 1:1. Obviously no such render existed online, so I had to piece it together myself but it looks exactly the same (except for minor details such as different fonts). I wish I could've copied and pasted the European Wii Sports front cover, but no such high quality image existed, so I had to scavenge and piece together what I can find.

Wii - Wii Sports: Download here.

So after a few years of waiting for a "realistic" Wii Sports cover, I decided to make one. I couldn't find one that is true to the original sleeve but as a "box", so I modelled it after the Nintendo Selects re-release as best I could to get it 1:1. Obviously no such render existed online, so I had to piece it together myself but it looks exactly the same (except for minor details such as different fonts). I wish I could've copied and pasted the European Wii Sports front cover, but no such high quality image existed, so I had to scavenge and piece together what I can find.

Wii - Wii Sports: Download here.

It's that 99.5% like the one I linked to 2 weeks ago?

Hi guys I'm new on GAF, but since last year I've been making Vita cover art in my spare time between design projects. I figured I'd post them for anyone who might enjoy.

wdqUZNX.jpg

Of course you can also just check the Imgur, or Minus link.

Note: While I made these I was still refining the template so there are slight differences between the cover art style.

COVERS (As uncompressed PNGs)
These are really really good!

Sirim

From a quick search, there are a couple Destiny covers in here. Given that games boxart...

We are in desperate need of Destiny covers. Lots of Destiny covers.

So I just created a minimalist steam template using the new logo. I have a ton of variations/options though and I would like some input on sizes/placement/general look before I release it. Here are just a few examples of combos that could be made:
There are black versions as well.

I used the GFWL one as a base so I assume the dimensions are correct. If not is there an updated 'PC' case template I can use for dimensions?

Renpatsu

So I just created a minimalist steam template using the new logo. I have a ton of variations/options though and I would like some input on sizes/placement/general look before I release it. Here are just a few examples of combos that could be made
These look nice.
This is just my preference but you might want to move 'STEAM' away from the logo just a tad - at least half a letter's width apart because it looks a bit tight in there at the moment.
Have you tried a version where the logo is all white (or one colour to be exact) with the logo shape cut out from the circle? (So imagine the black and white version if there was no black). It wouldn't work in all cases, but for covers with already dark backgrounds it could be good.

Edit:
I actually really like this. It's not a very standard cover, but its uniqueness is what makes it good. Not many people would have chosen Ashley Wood art.
These are really really good!
Thanks guys. Haven't done much recently, but Metrico just came out and once I'm done with that I hope to be inspired to make some new ones.

Alright. Added your suggestion and a few other things in addition to tweaking placement and sizes.
Here is one example combo:

Now, I have this all nice and organized in GIMP, but I cannot export folders to PSD. Can PS open XCF files or would someone like to volunteer to put it all back together in PS?

Renpatsu

That's snazzy.
I'd be happy to recompile the XCF file into PSD if you want.
That said the plugin to save to PSD directly from Gimp is online if you search for it.

hurzelein

Nice!

Alright. Added your suggestion and a few other things in addition to tweaking placement and sizes.
Here is one example combo:

Now, I have this all nice and organized in GIMP, but I cannot export folders to PSD. Can PS open XCF files or would someone like to volunteer to put it all back together in PS?

To be honest I don't like your first batch of steam logos too much, the "3D" effects on the logos make it more look like a button than printend on.

But the clean simple logo you created from the suggestion of Renpatsu is really awesome! Fits the simple/clean style I like so much perfectly, I would def. use that (If I would do Pc covers that is :)! Also probz to renpatsu for the psd layer+suggestion.

Here's the PSD version of your minimal Steam cover.

I think all the layers are set up correctly.
Super huge thanks!
To be honest I don't like your first batch of steam logos too much, the "3D" effects on the logos make it more look like a button than printend on.

But the clean simple logo you created from the suggestion of Renpatsu is really awesome! Fits the simple/clean style I like so much perfectly, I would def. use that (If I would do Pc covers that is :)! Also probz to renpatsu for the psd layer+suggestion.
Yeah I don't really like it either.

Pickman

U4J2XNt.jpg

My buddy Skunkers asked me to toss this one together for him. Found the original art and a raw logo and tossed them in a PSX cover instead of PSP, with influence from the Japanese cover design.

I just discovered this thread, but I think I'll be posting more stuff in the future. I like this kind of stuff.

Skunkers

U4J2XNt.jpg

My buddy Skunkers asked me to toss this one together for him. Found the original art and a raw logo and tossed them in a PSX cover instead of PSP, with influence from the Japanese cover design.

I just discovered this thread, but I think I'll be posting more stuff in the future. I like this kind of stuff.

For clarification, I had him make this because I have a patched ISO that implements the PSP WOTL retranslation script in PSX FFT. I wanted a custom box art to display in OpenEmu. Kudos on the great job, Pick.

Pickman

Why's the 3D image formatted to a PS3-sized case?

I couldn't find a PS4 template for anything so I just fleshed it out to the PS3. I assumed they were the same size, but I guess they aren't? :-/

If anyone could link me to a PS4 template and/or box art action set/template, I'd appreciate it.

RedSwirl

I couldn't find a PS4 template for anything so I just fleshed it out to the PS3. I assumed they were the same size, but I guess they aren't? :-/

If anyone could link me to a PS4 template and/or box art action set/template, I'd appreciate it.

They are not. PS4 case art is slightly smaller. I made and posted a template earlier in the thread but I can't find it. Did the OP of this thread just disappear? Because he really needs to update it.

On the subject, I still need confirmation on the accuracy of the Xbox One template I posted earlier on this page.

Top Bottom