• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Renpatsu

FepqnM9.png

7mz9zqz.jpg

Full-size image
I originally started this one long before the eventual (infamous) announcement of the HD remasters for PS4 and XBO and when that came to pass I admittedly lost some motivation to complete it.

That said I didn't like the idea of a half-finished cover so I completed it tonight to get it out of the way.

Teknoman

Would anyone mind making a Universal Game Case cover for the Super Famicom version of Wild Guns and the Famicom versions of Gun*Nac and Salamander?

Puflwiz

Banned
I started this a while ago for a friend who loves silent hill but hates both of these games. I never really got a clear idea of what exactly I wanted to do with it. I'm trying to put as much effort into it as Konami does, just a little above none at all. Any suggestions?

hurzelein

I started this a while ago for a friend who loves silent hill but hates both of these games. I never really got a clear idea of what exactly I wanted to do with it. I'm trying to put as much effort into it as Konami does, just a little above none at all. Any suggestions?

Haha, great idea!

Definitly more "Batman Arkham City GOTY 10/10 GOTTTY!!!! AWESOME!!! THIS GAME IS THE BEST" stuff.

Konami logo on the front, maybe right bottom.

Front bottom white line looks weird, as if the two pictures were cut in the middle. Maybe add something there or stretch the images a little.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I do this kind of thing often (last posted here like a year ago so my posts are buried) but here is an alternative movie cover for The Purge: Anarchy that I whipped up some time ago:

view in full: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/219/6/5/deviantart_by_asympathetique-d7u35td.png

Final Fantasy XIII (Alternative): (I am the user who posted this to the site)

LoZ: The Wind Waker (Minimalistic):

Pacific Rim (Alternative):

I do this kind of thing often (last posted here like a year ago so my posts are buried) but here is an alternative movie cover for The Purge: Anarchy that I whipped up some time ago:

view in full: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/219/6/5/deviantart_by_asympathetique-d7u35td.png

LoZ: The Wind Waker (Minimalistic):

Pacific Rim (Alternative):

i really like the final fantasy and wind waker ones. any chance of printable versions?

Renpatsu

I do this kind of thing often (last posted here like a year ago so my posts are buried)
The detail in these designs are great. Lovely work.
--------------------------------------------
This is for folks who would like the Uncharted Golden Abyss cover to be closer to the Asian cover art instead of the gun-toting version we got in the West.

The back of the box is actually placeholder art because I intend to add in the body text in the future, but for now here's the minimalist version.

DYLANH24

Neo Member
I'll get started on one!

Also, I would like to request an Eddie Lacy Madden 15 cover for PS4 (Minimalist template preferred). Any takers?

Thanks! I guess it would be a bit much to ask for the KojiPro logo on the back or the spine wouldn't it? Don't wanna seem like an asshole.

Scapegoat

I know this has likely been asked/answered before but I didn't have any success searching...

What web resources are you guys tapping into for the high res art for these covers? I can't seem to find the breadth nor quality using just Google Images...

I know this has likely been asked/answered before but I didn't have any success searching...

What web resources are you guys tapping into for the high res art for these covers? I can't seem to find the breadth nor quality using just Google Images...

I use creative uncut, I believe it was called. Or just google web search until I find a place that has the shit I need.

Renpatsu

If using Google you can filter results using the search tools so that you only get images of a certain resolution or larger. It's not perfect, but it's a good start.

You can also try going to the official web page of the developer and looking for video game press kits because they usually contain high quality images of the logos.

Other than that sometimes it's just old fashioned hard work, scanning, redrawing, or simply just creating your own imagery if none is available.

Prozel

Guys can anyone help finding a stock cover of Black Flag Xbox One PAL? Thing is I got a german copy and age rating logo and the german text annoys me (no offense germans!).

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Sorry, I know this has probably been asked a lot.

But what printer do you recommend for these?
I was thinking of buy a new printer to do things like this and stickers and stuff.

Renpatsu

The best way to get XBO covers in this thread is to do them yourself to get the ball rolling so others follow suit.

Sorry, I know this has probably been asked a lot.

But what printer do you recommend for these?
I was thinking of buy a new printer to do things like this and stickers and stuff.
Can't speak anyone else, but Canon Pixma's seem to be very cheap and produce pretty vibrant prints.
-------------------------------------
Finished the Uncharted cover.
For comparison:

If I may, the second should have black and white plus pink and white on back. The symbols for monokuma and counterpart for dr2 should be on the covers. If only I had the talent...
Someone in the dr2 ot suggested making the dr2 cover with usami/monomi. The reason they are identical is because they are based on the hope's peak academy files from the game, which were black.

I have plans to do monomi/usami covers, just never got around to it.

JDHarbs

So I've been working on modifying the PS3 3D cover template for the Xbox One because I prefer the design. Comparing the cases together shows they're the same size except for the XB1's thinner spine. This is what I've got so far with a scanned Titanfall cover to test. Notice how the spine is messed up, and I'll still need to remove the detail from the PS3 case.

15347532002_00283d45b8_o.png

RedSwirl

So I've been working on modifying the PS3 3D cover template for the Xbox One because I prefer the design. Comparing the cases together shows they're the same size except for the XB1's thinner spine. This is what I've got so far with a scanned Titanfall cover to test. Notice how the spine is messed up, and I'll still need to remove the detail from the PS3 case.

So did you finally get an Xbox One template (not 3D one) that is confirmed to fit?

I think we already confirmed the Xbox One case is actually identical in size to a Blu-Ray moive case. I even tried to put together a template based on that (it's either above or on the previous page), but I couldn't get anyone to get back to me and confirm that it fits on an actual Xbox One game case.

JDHarbs

So did you finally get an Xbox One template (not 3D one) that is confirmed to fit?

I think we already confirmed the Xbox One case is actually identical in size to a Blu-Ray moive case. I even tried to put together a template based on that (it's either above or on the previous page), but I couldn't get anyone to get back to me and confirm that it fits on an actual Xbox One game case.
Nah, I haven't been been able to print out and fit any templates. Just been working on getting the 3D one correct.

Simply swapping an XB1 and Blu-Ray cover into the other's box shows they're exactly the same size and vgboxart lists the thin-spinned Blu-Ray size as 3118x1748. So making a template that size with an Xbone logo on the spine is basically guaranteed to work.

Edit: Reddit also has their own XB1 template that many have been using and seems to work.

Grief.exe

What do you guys think of this spine for my physical boxes? Totally preliminary here, including a lower resolution Steam logo. Completely open to suggestions here.

ivRztt1jiJFdi.jpg

Original design here for comparison http://z46.minus.com/mTlsRB5rUUcMG

Happy 10th Anniversary to Battlefront :)

Wow! Those are some phenomenal covers!

63802-final-fantasy-xiii-full.png

Where can I get access to this one?

Top Bottom