• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

VLQ

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
rR6BTqo.png

Beyond Good & Evil
B9VRsYS.png

DrkHzns

Neo Member
Apologies if this is not the right place to ask but I figure I might get some suggestions since I guess some of the people in here are as OCD about this as me.

Is there no way to rename steam games because this sorting order for Kotor, Kotor 2 and tOR is infuriating

Quoted for hugeness

There is, you create a shortcut link:

1. Create a standard Chrome shortcut on your Desktop. You only need to do this once no matter how many times you do the below steps.

2. Go into the game's Properties menu in Steam, pick 'Create Desktop Shortcut'.

3. Look at File Info/Properties of that shortcut. There should be a link which says: 'steam://' and a number. Copy and paste this to a notepad.

4. Go to 'Add a Non-Steam game' in Steam. Pick the Chrome shortcut (make sure it's the shortcut from the desktop, NOT the main Chrome exe itself).

5. There should be a blank colored box with 'Chrome' and a little chrome icon in it amongst the other Steam icons. Click on its properties.

6. There are three boxes. The title, the launch URL and the launch directory. Put the game title in with whatever adjustments you want to make to it to get it to order correctly. Put the link you copy and pasted before in the second box. Type steam in the third box. Then 'Close'.

7. Change view in the top right from 'Icons', to 'List View' to Icons' which will refresh the order of the icons. You should now see that blank colored box in the right alphabetical placement. Then 'Set Custom Image', add in your Steam Icon for it.

8. If you haven't already done it, go to the original out of place icon. 'Set Categories'. 'Hide this Game in my Library'. Done.

orfax

Crescent Bay / THOR.N
s1eZvSu.png
mvPS8qK.png

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
X8zRAhF.png

Anno 1701: The Sunken Dragon / The Settlers: Rise of an Empire: The Eastern Realm
DNdyjJp.png
rTYLoUT.png

Hitchhiker
hwrkeYW.png

orfax

Knight Club / Digital: A Love Story
44YkEQ1.png
uzK8LBK.png

Robot Unicorn Attack / Robot Unicorn Attack: Heavy Metal / Stumblehill
yRfEEUc.png
QKfPQRJ.png
knyRroI.png

Woten
SVV5US7.png

The Bridge / vApe Escape
335D8Js.png
Db4WMZj.png

Cut & Run / Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy
fnWiWoD.png
DeLuAWP.png

after Hours
ZOoGU8P.png

Once Upon a Crime In the West / Sid Meier's Civilization
gb7s7wp.png
ZWRXopE.png

Last edited:

orfax

Here are some in the new format dimensions.

1942: The Pacific Air War / Gold
5h5JFZT.png
h75Ya7C.png

20 Minute Metropolis
lKM0jyf.png
tYHx6Yk.png

A.D. 2044
ktj2yQF.jpg
PWKCtrs.jpg
LnywDDH.jpg

after HOURS
DyuP2Wz.png