• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CyberConnect 2 reveals they have 3 current gen console games in development

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
If you could choose your home village, work your way up through the ranks being sent on different missions either a custom character or one from the roster. Having different effects on the timeline would be cool.

Or even a custom squad levelling them up choosing which missions to take bring in some strategy, for combat it could work if it was open world taking out lower level npcs in free roam but when it got to a proper fight it could morph into a battle with limits around the area.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just saying. Wasting their time on something like that when they can be growing their own IP's is just annoying. The series is done, and they are already making a major Naruto game Implying that's the only thing they can make is just insulting

Inuhanyou

The first game only had Konoha as an open place. There were no other areas like that. Infact, you didnt go to other areas outside of cutscenes and battles to begin with. It was a very subpar experience as a game. Very pretty though

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Just saying. Wasting their time on something like that when they can be growing their own IP's is just annoying. The series is done, and they are already making a major Naruto game Implying that's the only thing they can make is just insulting

Yeah I get what your saying but they can grow their own IP alongside another Naruto game and maybe funding from Naruto can help.

klaushm

I just want one .hack game.

They have everythign to do it right:
- Creating an emersive mmorpg(even not beeing one);
- Battle mechanics experience from .hack series and Naturo;
- Procedural maps/dungeons(don't even needed it for monsters. the list was huge);
- Great base history(they've done it on all .hack series. don't you dare ò.ó)
- Have online world as option;
- Local and online co-op;

Have I missed something? Right now I really don't need the VR.
I could have, and wished for that, but, I just want the damn game.

Some Nobody

Man, UNS4 isn't relevant. They wanted to make a SP Naruto, so they should make that happen, and open world only makes sense. :p in any case, they're making 3 games so one of them can be Naruto and the other two can be something else.

Aren't we getting close to the reveal teased last week? When does Famitsu usually get dissected?

There's no reveal coming. May need to wait until E3 or TGS.

Inuhanyou

Man, UNS4 isn't relevant. They wanted to make a SP Naruto, so they should make that happen, and open world only makes sense. :p in any case, they're making 3 games so one of them can be Naruto and the other two can be something else.

Justintimblerlake.gif

Come on

duckroll

Erm, that is exactly what this thread is about. He talked about the recruitment drive, gave details on the number of projects they're working on and the future direction of the company, and talked about the new challenges they're talking on. It's exactly what he promised. He never said "we are going to be announcing games" because CC2 is a developer, not a publisher.

3g0UZ.gif

I dun goofed

klaushm

Gematsu said:
Famitsu teases that the truth behnd this “new challenge” will be shared in a 15-page special feature on CyberConnect2, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/cyberconnect2-teases-news-next-weeks-famitsu#ljU2mS6FY0djHLOw.99

Is this right? For what I know, CyberConnect2 was founded at 1996.
Jost looked at the Wiki and CyberConnect2 page.

I will be 22 this year(2015-1993=22), and CyberConnect2 is already 19 this year(2015-1996=19).

There is something to do with Japanese year?
It has something to do with the Heisei era, but, I don't understand it really well.

duckroll

Is this right? For what I know, CyberConnect2 was founded at 1996.

Yes, it's right. They're celebrating their 20th year in business this year, and next year in Feb they will have been in business for 20 full years. It's not their 20th birthday, but this is their 20th year in business.

Top Bottom