• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

Alebrije

if they just care about money then why didn't they release the game on november 19th? the preorder numbers took a hit with the latest delay. also they had already spent a lot of the marketing budget in ads. they even aired a keanu tv ad in the nba finals saying the game was releasing on november 19th
We never will know but could be that even on November 19 the Pc version had big issues so they tried to fix most of them before final release. Meanwhile consoles were left behind and they went radio silence because they needed to get most preorders as possible.

You know selling just half of preorders because you were honest and delayed consoles versions by 2021( as it must have been) wont pay Keanu's face on the game.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Number one rule of internet outrage is never apologize. Once they hate you they want your head no matter what. Just fix the game and show people that it can be turned around.
I think they are amateurs in the gaming industry, this is one of the many lessons they will learn.

harmny

Banned
I think they are amateurs in the gaming industry, this is one of the many lessons they will learn.

not in the gaming industry but they are clearly not used to people hating them and attacking them nonstop like EA Activision Bethesda or Ubisoft. they really think talking to gamers can accomplish something. but they'll soon realize than it makes things even worse. just don't listen to people and do whatever you want. eventually marcin will become bobby kotick and he will get his smile back.

Last edited:

Alebrije

ohVt3BD.png

Did not know David Guetta moved to videogames industry, he should return to music , developing took like 10 years of his life.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Are they serious with this bullshit? They tested the last gen versions and didn't see what was wrong with it? It's just one lie after another with this company.

Waaait they changed this on the site now it's

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

It just says the crashes now not the other issues.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Where would cd Projekt red's apology rank on this list?

They're two years too late to the meme

Last edited:

Eternal21

Oh well. Based on Witcher 3 they'll fix the game and it will eventually be a thing of greatness. The same people crying about being against "crunch" are the same ones bitching about the game for the most part. I'm used to games being trash on release and improving over time. There's very few games, outside of Nintendo, that even are released without major issues.
The big issue here is not the fact that the game was hot garbage on release on last gen consoles. The issue is intentionally hiding that fact from paying customers.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Where would cd Projekt red's apology rank on this list?

They're two years too late to the meme

Probably nowhere on that list. It was a fine apology. Yes the whole "It didn't look as bad on our end" bit was bullshit, but he if he outright admitted they knowingly sold a broken product, they'd be in even deeper shit with the investors than they are now, not to mention opening the doors to more lawsuits. The purpose of the video was to acknowledge they fucked up and to give somewhat of an idea on how they plan to fix it. I'm upset, but I can't forget how much I used to love CDPR and how much I've enjoyed their previous games. For that, at the very least I will wait a couple years to see how they improve the game before I pass final judgement on them. It won't excuse what they did, but it will effect whether or not I buy games from them in the future.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This can't be real! Like COME ON!!!
To be fair, it's not unheard of. Recall Star Ocean 3 that shipped totally broken on certain models that they just didn't test on. I know people that have experiences few or no crashes on base PS4 and people who get them every 15 minutes.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Waaait they changed this on the site now it's

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

It just says the crashes now not the other issues.
Really? Because they’ve said “It Plays Great On PS5” and the game crashes on PS5 every hour so how is that plays great?

hemo memo

Gold Member
not in the gaming industry but they are clearly not used to people hating them and attacking them nonstop like EA Activision Bethesda or Ubisoft. they really think lying to gamers can accomplish something. but they'll soon realize than it makes things even worse. just don't listen to people and do whatever you want. eventually marcin will become bobby kotick and he will get his smile back.
Ftfy

EDMIX

Really? Because they’ve said “It Plays Great On PS5” and the game crashes on PS5 every hour so how is that plays great?

That's great to them apparently.

The saddest part of this hollow apology is it doesn't even answer where all the cut content is or the youtube videos filled with lies that have yet to be taken down by their official youtube page or them hiding those reviews and making reviewers use B roll.

This is as hollow as that shit they pulled off with Witcher 3 admitting the downgrade only AFTER the game was on sale and people bought it. Its fake as shit, its simply them pushing this fake PR bullshit like they are sooooooo nice (proceeds to ignore all the other lies and only admit to smaller lies).

They choose not to tell people about that downgrade before release and even fucking stated "no downgrade" was happening, why is anyone shocked they are once again pretending they are dumb, deaf and blind once again?

At this point, it is to be expected after they put out a game, for them to give out some statement like "ok so we lied about _____" fill in the blank...

Last edited:

luffie

Thrust will return if they deliver a decent Witcher 4 or next project.

No matter if they manage to fix the game's image like Hello Games did with No Mans Sky, the damage is done and Cyberbug will be marked for ever.

Yep they will fix it is their responsability more than commitment, so as some people said before the best is wait for GOTY edition on consoles no matter if they release it by 2023. Its an RPG singleplayer game and those games never get old.

Meanwhile there will be plenty of nice games to play.
Yes, the trust can return eventually with actions.

I just don't eant people shitting on every word or every apologies they do when the rest don't even do as close as them.

The day they think apologies meant shit and stop apologizing, we all lose too.
CDPR faces lawsuits, refunds, and stock drop, so hey maybe they do really learn after these setbacks, and redemption takes time.

So I'd rather be positive and appreciate every goodwill available than lamenting later about having 0 good developers when we actually shit on their every good attemps to make amends.

Self

The saddest part of this hollow apology is it doesn't even answer where all the cut content is or the youtube videos filled with lies that have yet to be taken down by their official youtube page or them hiding those reviews and making reviewers use B roll.

Did you even watch the video?
He explained all the issues concerning Cyberpunk very clearly:
streaming issues and covid.

sI9RDux.gif

nowhat

Hey man, at least you get to play a full hour at any given time (not the case on a Pro). Some people just can't be pleased, smh. yes I'm being sarcastic if it wasn't obvious enough

Top Bottom