• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Are you looking forward to it? On which platform do you intend to play it? And what do you think of its graphics and art design?

On which platform do you intend to play Cyberpunk 2077?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • PlayStation 4 Pro

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 82 34.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Microsoft Windows

Votes: 100 41.8%

• Total voters

Ellery

Um not to deflate your hype but didn't some early access reviewer said that the game was running at 1080p with dlss and raytracing on a rig with a 2080ti and said it diped constantly below 60 and sometimes as low as 30?

Yeah probably unoptimized without proper drivers and certain framerates/vsync/settings locked or something like that. I don't worry too much as far as that goes, because they would get too much flak from everyone if a 2080 Ti can't properly handle 1080p when people with their GTX 1060, RX 580 cards expect to play that game as well.

And if the game is an unoptimized mess then I will just wait for future patches while I game other games on the PS5 and if that fails as well then I am thankful that I am quite the expert as tuning graphical settings now, because I played for years with an R9 290X on 1440p.

But my realistic expectations are that the game is going to run reasonably well given how technically advanced it is. My biggest "fear" is probably that RTX and/or DLSS 2.0 doesn't make it with launch. Doom Eternal failed in that regard and I think they still haven't delivered the promised RTX patch.

EDMIX

I despise it when people act as if changing design goals and making decisions to cut content is somehow a "lie"

Never said anything like that regarding Cyberpunk but ok...

nothing has been promised to you

When they announce those removed features, clearly something was promised prior to that as why confirm its cut if it was never promised before? :pie_raybans:

it's a bit of a stretch to imply malice or accuse the dev team of lying to get people excited.

Yet...they did that before though so.... I'm within my right to assume they'd do it again and be a bit cautious about their claims....

https://www.gamepur.com/news/cdpr-n...ptimizing-to-get-best-performance-as-possible

game comes out in May 18th 2015

then admits this...on May 21st 2015 after they took fans money...

Sounds like a lie to me bud. I'm not mad that the downgrade happened, I'm upset on how the team handled it by withholding that information from fans as clearly, they already knew it was downgraded by the time they made those statements.

So why on earth should I just assume they wouldn't lie about those features when they fucking lied about that downgrade? Who is to say that days after Cyberpunk 2077's release they don't do the same thing and start admitting even more removed features, elements, downgrades etc?

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
1)No i don't look forward to play it.The first person view and art direction puts me off.
2)If i ever play it it will probably be at some point on a PS5.
3)Graphics are great. But art design looks very safe and cliche. I was expecting something more unique on that front from CDPR.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely.
Xbox Series X.
Visuals and art design are top notch.

Hoping it gets delayed to Spring 2021 though because im not going to play it until the 100% true next gen upgrade for Xbox Series X is available which they should do anyway. Other than that, im all in day one digitally.

NinjaBoiX

Meh, Witcher 3 was shite, an absolute shambles mechanically speaking. But I dunno, maybe this’ll be good?

When I get around to buying a PS5 I might try it out.

DarkestHour

Banned
It keeps getting delayed so I've lost track of when it comes out. Will probably be a completely surprise to me when it does but hell yeah I'm looking forward to it.

Great Hair

Banned
Nah, gonna skip it. First person RPG are boring as fuck (see Skyrim, played in TPV). Imagine playing The Witcher 3 in FPS

Last edited:
Top Bottom