• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 boxart + pre-order bonuses leaked?

Kagero

Cover art isn’t bad people. They should have ask Sony and Microsoft to allow to make the blue/green stripe on the top neon.

TeamGhobad

Banned
1560093557752.png

mortal

Gold Member
Sqk7ktD.jpg

Well this is kind of lame. Not including a new addition of Cyberpunk 2020 in the collectors edition seems like a missed oppurtunity.

Ivory Blood

Sqk7ktD.jpg

Well this is kind of lame. Not including a new addition of Cyberpunk 2020 in the collectors edition seems like a missed oppurtunity.
What new addition? It's right there in the right upper corner, like in the normal one. Or are you talking about Cyberpunk RED?

Boss Mog

I was hoping this game was late 2020 to it could launch on next gen as a cross-gen title. I really don't want to play this on PS4 Pro.

somerset

Sigh- I've said over and over that CDPR is in dire financial straits. They *need* the revenue from Cyberpunk to a degree none of you here seem to understand.

They can extend their credit (the patience of their backers) to a release later this year- any later and very bad things start to happen (clue- wanna keep your profit, then you have to keep your credit deals, else all you have to keep your creditors away a little longer is promising them some of the profits = disaster).

CDPR is the typical 'nice' company that has had some luck in the past and thusly gained a lot of good will. But on the back of this, CDPR has upscaled itself over and over without broadening its product base. Now it is at Rockstar levels with <1% of the financial foundation Rockstar works under. And this is literally *insane*.

If CDPR pulls off the miracle it will be amazing. Today it looks like they won't. Cos even if Cyberpunk hits the Xmas market this year, it would have to have GTA V levels of success (single player sales) to safely lift CDPR out of trouble.

Which is why CDPR announced they are doing Witcher 4 (a quick-n-dirty project for speed) some months back. CDPR is literally desperate to get Cyberpunk out so they can move devs to Witcher 4, and race that game to completion within 24 months (and I'd guess they'd prefer 18 months).

Think on this, guys. Currently things are so bad for CDPR, they have no plans to go next gen (obviously Cyberpunk and Witcher 4 will be cross gen- essentially the same game on the new consoles, just at higher settings).

RSB

Banned
I was hoping this game was late 2020 to it could launch on next gen as a cross-gen title. I really don't want to play this on PS4 Pro.
They are going to do like Rockstar with GTAV, and release a remastered version for next gen a year later. That double dip money is too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Sigh- I've said over and over that CDPR is in dire financial straits. They *need* the revenue from Cyberpunk to a degree none of you here seem to understand.

They can extend their credit (the patience of their backers) to a release later this year- any later and very bad things start to happen (clue- wanna keep your profit, then you have to keep your credit deals, else all you have to keep your creditors away a little longer is promising them some of the profits = disaster).

CDPR is the typical 'nice' company that has had some luck in the past and thusly gained a lot of good will. But on the back of this, CDPR has upscaled itself over and over without broadening its product base. Now it is at Rockstar levels with <1% of the financial foundation Rockstar works under. And this is literally *insane*.

If CDPR pulls off the miracle it will be amazing. Today it looks like they won't. Cos even if Cyberpunk hits the Xmas market this year, it would have to have GTA V levels of success (single player sales) to safely lift CDPR out of trouble.

Which is why CDPR announced they are doing Witcher 4 (a quick-n-dirty project for speed) some months back. CDPR is literally desperate to get Cyberpunk out so they can move devs to Witcher 4, and race that game to completion within 24 months (and I'd guess they'd prefer 18 months).

Think on this, guys. Currently things are so bad for CDPR, they have no plans to go next gen (obviously Cyberpunk and Witcher 4 will be cross gen- essentially the same game on the new consoles, just at higher settings).

So where is your proof of any of this? It seems like you are making a lot of assumptions without any actual details of CDR’s current fiscal standings. The last I heard of CDR was they were in a cash positive state, something not normal for a company in the middle of massive staffing and r&d increases.

Witcher 3’s success was far greater than they predicted or paced themselves for, plus they have MAJOR government backings.

A single major flop could kill them of course, but that’s basically any game studio in the world these days who aren’t their own publisher (Ubi basically)

Edit - They are doing fine: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/06/en-cdpir_factsheet-06-2019.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom