• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

Dilly

Banned
Yeah man, that track is awful. I was expecting some heavy metal or Inception horns yo.

brofist up in this thread.

Shikoro

The comments on the video are pathetic. Or better yet, sad...

That being said, the trailer was pretty cool. The "COMING: WHEN IT'S READY" part got a giggle out of me. XD

Persona86

Banned
What is wrong with you, GAF?

I am literally blown away by the trailer and the music fitted perfectly to it IMO. Everyone who believed we would get to see In-Game Gameplay this early in development is a downright fool!

EDIT:

Song is "Bullets" by Archive if that hasn't been posted yet.

Exactly, expect The Witcher 3 Trailer next month to show a bit more info. Long live CD Project!

UrbanRats

I like Dredd in there.
I don't like the music choice and some of the design choices really clash with the 80s style they were going for in the font and some of the art.
Also, lol 2015, why are we even watching this, this early?

Eitherway, Cyberpunk action rpg where you can create your character, is as great a start as it gets.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I like this braindance thing but it was used a lot before, just not as a centerpiece of the story. Mona Lisa was doing this in Mona Lisa Overdrive. Some other books/movies too, I just can't recall them now.

Well, they said that if you go too cyber you go insane. They go back in time after the title to show that she was a part of the Psycho Squad before going insane and they have to stop her.

There's no law stating that anything cyberpunk must look one particular way. No reason why it can't stand out some instead of being another poor man's Blade Runner like almost every other cyberpunk thing.

The pen&paper Cyberpunk is like the father of these visuals :p but its the same when people complained that John Woo's Stranglehold copied the bullet time from Max Payne :D

1stStrike

Banned
Personally, I liked the song in the trailer. Felt it fit the mood perfectly. Also, while it's CG, it gives us some atmosphere and an idea of what we can expect later. If anything, this game is now on my radar as opposed to being iffy before.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
There's no law stating that anything cyberpunk must look one particular way. No reason why it can't stand out some instead of being another poor man's Blade Runner like almost every other cyberpunk thing.

people like cyberpunk because of its certain style. They expect this style. It's like saying that Mass Effect style is ugly because it's just a space opera. But people loved it because it was a properly executed space opera (in art style).

I am still excited for the game and will be among the first to buy just on the subject matter alone. But in my opinion, the trailer was not that good.

I am a huge fan of William Gibson fan and the way I envision the future and the cyberpunk motif does not fit with what I saw in the trailer. The initial images seemed to be going the right direction. Maybe it was the way the trailer was directed but I just did like what I saw. From design, music, etc. Just my opinion though.

DieH@rd

Banned
have'nt kept up with this title...

Why the Hype comin up to this teaser? what kinda game is it?

gute-vorsc3a4tze.jpg

patapuf

I like Dredd in there.
I don't like the music choice and some of the design choices really clash with the 80s style they were going for in the font and some of the art.
Also, lol 2015, why are we even watching this, this early?

Eitherway, Cyberpunk action rpg where you can create your character, is as great a start as it gets.

They want to increase awareness for the game, they are still hiring for the project. This is as much "hey come work on our awesome game" as it is for hyping up the game early.

Lime

The Police force design was generic and uninspired.
Scantily clad female killer robot was pretty clichéd
Music choice was terrible. Dumb lyrics that match the images displayed.

Otherwise, the rest seemed very excellent, but my anticipation has to be tempered if I want to be able to handle waiting for 2-3 years.

eXistor

Having just watched Dredd (not 5 minutes ago) I felt a bit of deja-vu. Seeing as Dredd was fucking cool as hell, this is not a bad thing. The trailer itself doesn't tell much, but at least you get a sense of the style and atmosphere they're going for.

- J - D -

I'd say this has more in common with Deus Ex HR than Blade Runner outside of surface similarities (hover car, etc).

KingKong

Couldn't they have just released 15 screenshots and gotten the same effect? Maybe they don't have the talent to make a trailer like Blizzard or Valve

inky

Maybe you guys should look again at the Samarithan demo. This IS REALTIME.

I want to believe, but until I see it moving this is CGI.

And come on you guys, I was expecting a terrible song from all the comments, but it's actually good. If it fits what you were expecting from the visuals is another matter entirely (I agree that it quite doesn't, other than literally that is).

I liked it.

Kuroyume

Banned
At least it wasn't fucking dub step.

Trailer didn't excite me... Mostly because it was CG and it didn't show much but hey Cyperbunk genre... My favorite.

dionysus

Yaldog
So Witcher 3 is an open world game, that is what I got from the screenshot that was actually important. Did we know this?

Note I don't consider Witcher 2 to be open world.

patapuf

Couldn't they have just released 15 stills and gotten the same effect? Maybe they don't have the talent to make a trailer like Blizzard or Valve

I'd guess it's more a money thing than a talent thing. The intro to the Witcher 2 EE was fantastic.

Top Bottom