• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

Well, they said that if you go too cyber you go insane. They go back in time after the title to show that she was a part of the Psycho Squad before going insane and they have to stop her.

She had the mark from the bullet on her face though so I don't see how that makes sense.

diamount

Banned
Another worthless CG trailer.

But still, I will get this on my 720.

It isn't worthless, you miss the point of these trailers. It's supposed to set the narrative, show off areas that will be in the game and introduce characters. I fucking loved it.. the music went so well what was going on.

i-Lo

Well, they said that if you go too cyber you go insane. They go back in time after the title to show that she was a part of the Psycho Squad before going insane and they have to stop her.

The pen&paper Cyberpunk is like the father of these visuals :p but its the same when people complained that John Woo's Stranglehold copied the bullet time from Max Payne :D

That would have made sense if she did not have the scrape marks received from the bullet in a scene from the past.

I think the Psycho squad recruits these Psychos for rehab/reprogram and then integrate them into their own squad.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks awesome - I wonder if it's going be a party-based rpg where you control multiple officers of that police squad at once. In fact I think it's pretty likely they'll take the gameplay in that direction, considering they already have a pretty good single-hero rpg with The Witcher.

Track is alright, seemed appropriate enough. CG was very nice. Atmosphere felt right to me. Much longer than I expected.

That message at the end is pure gold. Fairly pleased, honestly.

Dennis

Banned
What I fear now is that by far the most interesting of the characters here - the cybered-up chick - is just eye candy for the trailer and in the actual game we are going to get some generic 30 something brown-haired male.

I want at least one of the playable characters to be this woman.

Grisby

Didn't really do much for me. Most of it wasn't too exciting or visually appealing from an aesthetic standpoint. The goggles look ridiculous.

I'm all for more cyberpunk games though. Be neat to see a gameplay trailer.

patapuf

What I fear now is that by far the most interesting of the characters here - the cybered-up chick - is just eye candy for the trailer and in the actual game we are going to get some generic 30 something brown-haired male.

You'll be able to make your own character according to what they said. So robot chick will probably be a possibility.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This trailer has really got me hyped and makes me want to finish my Witcher 2 game. It seems like they're going to announce an open-world Witcher 3 on February 5 as well so that should be pretty hot.

But yeah, sci-fi is what I live for, so this will be much anticipated. I'm not crazy about open-world games but I'll give CDPR a shot to show me what they've got.

diamount

Banned
You'll be able to make your own character according to what they said. So robot chick will probably be a possibility.

I don't think so.. description says you'll be playing a guy, I guess you can change what he looks like though unlike Geralt.

Visually, very cool. But that music once the lyrics kicked in was just...bad. I'm sorry but what was that? Hope that isn't indicative of the soundtrack.

Regardless, I'm fucking pumped up.

UrbanRats

The Police force design was generic and uninspired.
Scantily clad female killer robot was pretty clichéd
Music choice was terrible. Dumb lyrics that match the images displayed.

I agree on the Police forces, but the lady is supposed to be, since the game is called "Cyberpunk", it treads all the various tropes of the genre.

squidyj

Okay so the chick with the blade arms is working with the guy who had the gun to the back of her head who is supposed to be a cop but the cops are still throwing their bullets his way even when he's there?

I don't get it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I liked it! The trailer felt like it was put out solely to reaffirm that CDP knows their shit and do their research. Looks like they've got the world down just right.

Didn't like the music though.

patapuf

until she meets one human man who accepts her for what she is

descrition of the video

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

My exact sentiments.

The quote in the OP about the plot is interesting. This sounds like it shares a lot of plot devices with that Capcom published Remember Me game.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet this storyline works better.

people like cyberpunk because of its certain style. They expect this style. It's like saying that Mass Effect style is ugly because it's just a space opera. But people loved it because it was a properly executed space opera (in art style).

It's more like saying all fantasy games should stick to orcs and elves crap because that's what people like and expect. It can still be cyberpunk without looking like 99% of the genre.

- J - D -

GitS cover vibes. The whole genre is iterative anyway.

220px-Ghostintheshellposter.jpg

UrbanRats

You can create your character.

Lakitu

st5fu
The trailer looks nice, nice to see some of the aesthetics and the city itself. It looks good.

The music however, is not. It's just personal preference but the song is horrible and doesn't fit at all. Next time I watch it, I'm going to mute it.

UrbanRats

It's more like saying all fantasy games should stick to orcs and elves crap because that's what people like and expect. It can still be cyberpunk without looking like 99% of the genre.

They should, if they call their game with the title of the genre (also coming from a tabletop that includes every Cyberpunk trope in the book).

She had the mark from the bullet on her face though so I don't see how that makes sense.

From the trailer description ("The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.") it seems like the first part is her acquisition by Psycho Squad, and her appearance after the logo is showing her as a new member of the squad (given the bullet mark and her shaved head).

Top Bottom