• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

regawdless

Banned
VFXVeteran VFXVeteran

Dont know if this been posted, it might interest you:

Interesting. So AMD raytracing on PC will be available when the next gen patch hits. Until then, only Nvidia raytracing.
A comparison between those two solutions will be fun.

VFXVeteran

Banned
VFXVeteran VFXVeteran

Dont know if this been posted, it might interest you:

Yea, I read up on that. 2 things:

1) It looks like they'll be using a more advanced form of direct lighting in their environment using importance sampling. Which basically gathers illumination from area light sources like the sky, sun and local light sources. This is what film companies do now and only Metro does it with their local light sources indoors. It's really expensive but it pretty much the highest you can go with fidelity using RT for direct lighting.

2) This will give you soft shadows and also allow you to sample arbitrary shaped area lights (i.e. Metro). The BIG caveat to this is that it's expensive as hell and will most certainly require DLSS since they will cast very few rays in the scene.

I'm looking forward to the area lights. This will be just as exciting as RT GI if done right. Hopefully their RT AO will get rid of the probe lighting for secondary bounce to prevent the glow effect.

Last edited:

Droxcy

I keep watching the driving and it looks so fun and just driving around the city looks detailed and alive hopefully they don't flip the script on launch.

seriously guys, whats the point of open world game in first person? im not trolling im just saying doesnt the first person view take away the surrounding expierence?

its like people on cod dressing up ther soldiers for only others to see.

seriously guys, whats the point of open world game in first person? im not trolling im just saying doesnt the first person view take away the surrounding expierence?

First person perspective provides superior immersion and a better sense of scale. You can see your character in the mirror and in menus.

MadYarpen

generally, cutscenes are in FPP from what I understand.

And while I also prefer TPP, in this case I think I am happy with their choice. Playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance made me appreciate 100% FPP approach, cutscenes and dialogues from third perspective were really breaking immersion in KC:D.

regawdless

Banned
Interesting. I'm yet to see a cutscene that is from a third person perspective in any footage released in the last year. Give, I haven't seen it all.

The devs have stated that most cutscenes will be first person, but there will be some from third person.

And quick addition, we'll see our character also during driving sequences for whatever that's worth.

Alienware

There's also a photo mode so we can see our character whenever we like.
They just want us to experience the world in 1st person only and that's fine by me.

regawdless

Banned
Now I finally get it. It's a scam.

They only provide a first person perspective, but offer a lot of customization options that make us WANT to see our character. Only way to see our character are very few cutscenes, on bikes and.... In mirrors and in reflections! So we need raytracing to correctly see our character in mirrors, windows, puddles etc. And guess who is a marketing partner and pushes this game as well? Nvidia with their RTX cards! I don't believe in coincidences!

Prepare for no working mirrors on current gen consoles, as well as next gen consoles and PCs with AMD cards until the next gen patch hits sometime next year.

/S

N30RYU

This game is criminally under-hyped.
how can this be hyped unless you have an amazing gamming PC... if it releaaes in less than a month and we din't have a clue how it will look on current gen consoles... and how will be improbed on series x and ps5 before and post the nextgen patch...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: KO7

zwiggelbig

the game has ALOT of verticality. especially in your surroundings. There is no way you can capture that in third person..

GymWolf

For a last gen game on next gen hardware?
This current gen game is gonna put on his knees a 3080 withoud dlss, a gpu with 3x times the power of a ps5.
The game is technically current gen, but it's also a big, heavy ambitious game and the ps5 gpu is a 2070, a gpu from 2 years ago.

Last edited:
😍🤤

dma3l98.jpg

Xdrive05

So do we know much about the gameplay at this point? Is it more GTA style free-roam with a chain of missions, or is it more Witcher 3 style quests and side quests?

Is there are "critical path" that starts where all three origin options converge, but then you can leave that path to do lots of side questing and ignore the main path?

Kadayi

Banned
So do we know much about the gameplay at this point? Is it more GTA style free-roam with a chain of missions, or is it more Witcher 3 style quests and side quests?

Is there are "critical path" that starts where all three origin options converge, but then you can leave that path to do lots of side questing and ignore the main path?

Seems to be that your origins all give a bit of backstory and likely some insight into your abilities then everything converges leading you to Jackie and a critical route that leads you to the Johnny Silverhand AI event, and then presumably it's going to be a mix of opportunity/side missions coupled with a primary narrative path which will likely give you several ways to go.

TheContact

Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to grab a 3070 in time for this release, so worst case scenario I'll have to play it on my laptop which has a 2060. May have to go with AMD for my desktop depending on the prices.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to grab a 3070 in time for this release, so worst case scenario I'll have to play it on my laptop which has a 2060. May have to go with AMD for my desktop depending on the prices.
Are you talking about the 8GB or 16GB model? I believe the 3070 8GB has October 29th availability date.

I'm in the same boat waiting on either 3070 16GB in Dec. or Big Navi variant if they have decent RT. I have a 2060S 8GB and if they include the latest DLSS 2.0 features in Cyberpunk I'm sure decent RT performance would still be obtainable for us. Maybe 1080p DLSS 'Balanced'/60fps/High settings? Who knows.

TheContact

Are you talking about the 8GB or 16GB model? I believe the 3070 8GB has October 29th availability date.

I'm in the same boat waiting on either 3070 16GB in Dec. or Big Navi variant if they have decent RT. I have a 2060S 8GB and if they include the latest DLSS 2.0 features in Cyberpunk I'm sure decent RT performance would still be obtainable for us. Maybe 1080p DLSS 'Balanced'/60fps/High settings? Who knows.

I would prefer 16 but would be fine with 8, just want something i can find easily without a hassle. i think the 2060 would be fine would just prefer to play cyberpunk on my desktop and not my laptop

b0uncyfr0

Someone, please remind me what was already mentioned about the horrible CA and general blurriness? Im not liking it. I'm sure we can turn it off but it seem's CDPR have designed it into the 'look' for CP.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Fine, I'll be that guy. You should still get it on your PC and either hook it up or stream it to your tv. BOOM, best of both worlds.

I considered that in the past for some games, but I'm not a fan of the streaming options out there (nor do I want any more clutter). I don't want to run cabling through my place, and I am definitely not going to put a PC in the living room. PS5 should be fine. If it ends up bothering me I can double dip, no big deal.

Needlecrash

With the 3070 16gb and 3080 20gb on the horizon, I'm gonna hold off on getting a new GPU. I need a new motherboard and processor too. Yet, the Big Navi AMD gpus and Ryzen 5 series are on the way too. Depending on supply and demand, I might even wait for them. But, it's a wait and see approach for now.

Til then, my 1080ti will have to fit the bill.

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

I really want a series x for this game because I have a big oled tv and like chilling on the couch while playing something like this! But so far no luck with getting a pre order in for it..
I am so fucking hyped for this game. I'm not gonna rush the main story line and really take the time to do every side quest before I wrap up the main storyline. Had so much fun in the witcher 3 with side quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom