• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night.Ninja

Banned
tenor.png

I saw this leaked video elsewhere, I never see translations, but this one isn't even finished yet, "Television" with the correct accents, then "NEXT CHANNEL" in English... WTF!? Then in the shower "DOUCHE" and "STOP SHOWER".
This is because he changed the subtitles to English. That kinda broke something, the subs before that were all fine and not a French/English mix.

I wonder if this was with or without Day1 patch.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Next week is gonna go so slow! game is preordered. gog is set up on my pc.

I finish work this Friday for a week! Next Wednesday I am gonna drive to the shops and stock up on junk food, drinks, alcohol. When I get back home I’ll be doing stuff around the house so I don’t need to worry about it and also to pass the time. Once I’ve done all that then I’m going to my bed! Around 11PM I’ll get settled in at my PC. I plan on playing from Midnight right through to Sunday.

last time I was this excited for a game was GTA V in 2013. I played 17 hours straight and had finished it twice in less than a week. I’m not gonna rush 2077...probably won’t even get a single play through done by Sunday. I’m planning on doing all life paths. Either nomad > street kid > corpo. Or street kid > nomad > corpo.

to pass the time until next week I’m playing Death Stranding on pc :)

I honestly might buy this for both ps5 and series x lol - then maybe upgrade my pc - Christ this game just hits all the right notes for me

Superkewl

Think I am going to go evil Corpo stealth net runner for first playthrough. Are there knives in the game? All i have seen so far for blades is mantis blades and katanas, but i want knives.

Serianox

Think I am going to go evil Corpo stealth net runner for first playthrough. Are there knives in the game? All i have seen so far for blades is mantis blades and katanas, but i want knives.
I think there was a perk or something like it that i've seen in some of the breakdown videos on youtube that mentions either throwables or knives. I don't know if that would include a melee knife to use in combat or if it's a consumable type gadget.

After looking at the leaked (base ps4?) footage it's going to be rough for anyone having to play the game on a hard drive. I noticed some very distracting pop in or things taking quite a while to load like the tv showing a still image instead of a video for a while or when the phone call with Jackie started. The load time when he went back to main menu and reloaded seemed to take a while but that may be the usual time for the console. Nothing game ruining but hopefully the day one patch can alleviate a lot of these things so everyone playing on the base consoles has a better experience.

Last edited:

GenericUser

720p on PS4 it seems?
I'm pretty sure it is from a 720P stream from a base PS4 (base PS4 does not support streaming in 1080P). Looks alright I think. 720p + streaming artifacts hurt the image a lot. I expect the game to be at least presentable on PS4(pro). But did you guys notice the loading times (14:44 to 17:21 )? Holy mama.

Last edited:

Hugare

Important to note that people playing the game right now dont have the Day One patch

So no overreactions, guys.

Oh wow, it's downright terrible in terms of bugs

No explosion after the crash during the chase, Jackie screaming after the chase when there's no danger anymore, the skybox turning white after the conflict, the hair from the office that talks to them ...

And that's 3 minutes into the video

But again: no Day One patch. So I wouldnt fret.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
This is why they delayed this game, bug galore, this means a fucking massive day one patch.

It doesn't run as bad as I thought it would do on a shitty Jaguar core though.

PS5 gonna run this like a beast with it's BC.

Hopefully the day one patch fixes all the bugs. I've already preordered this for PS5 and I'll be getting the PC version too. I have full confidence the PS5's BC mode will run this game pretty well until it gets a next gen patch next year. Hopefull the base consoles are able to run this at an acceptable quality as well. Other than the bugs it doesn't look bad for a game running on ancient 2013 hardware.

vpance

I'm pretty sure it is from a 720P stream from a base PS4 (base PS4 does not support streaming in 1080P). Looks alright I think. 720p + streaming artifacts hurt the image a lot. I expect the game to be at least presentable on PS4(pro). But did you guys notice the loading times (14:44 to 17:21 )? Holy mama.

Yea I was thinking about that. If you stream at 720p on PS4 does your screen res also switch to 720?

I strongly suspect it will run at 720 to 900p on base though.

GenericUser

Yea I was thinking about that. If you stream at 720p on PS4 does your screen res also switch to 720?

I strongly suspect it will run at 720 to 900p on base though.
No, it does not reduce your own resolution but the signal it sends to the streaming server (or what the server does with it) is pretty low-fi by todays standards. Even on my PS4 Pro, the 1080/60 streams look significantly worse then streams from people that use dedicated streaming hardware. I guess the official console footage from cd project is the most "realistic" depiction of what we can expect on PS4, but even that footage is blurry because of the streaming artifacts. So far, I don't think there is uncompressed footage available, for us to judge the real quality.

Kadayi

Banned

I was a bit worried about the population density, but that 23.00 minute part...looking pretty good if that's base PS4...I'm probably going to be wandering around the housing complex for a bit tbh. Also actual kids ingame. I know there was the one kid in the trailer with the VR headset in the original reveal, but I hadn't spotted any since then. Good to see they are in there as I was worried the game was going to be 'everyone's an adult' immersion breaking. Hyped.

DonJorginho

Banned
Also actual kids ingame. I know there was the one kid in the trailer with the VR headset in the original reveal, but I hadn't spotted any since then. Good to see they are in there as I was worried the game was going to be 'everyone's an adult' immersion breaking. Hyped.
What happens if you kill a Kid I wonder? Instant game over? Pop up saying you can't do that?

Compsiox

Banned
When you launch the game the SEGA opening will begin and right then and there in the game they announce they've acquired Sega.

Dries

I was a bit worried about the population density, but that 23.00 minute part...looking pretty good if that's base PS4...I'm probably going to be wandering around the housing complex for a bit tbh. Also actual kids ingame. I know there was the one kid in the trailer with the VR headset in the original reveal, but I hadn't spotted any since then. Good to see they are in there as I was worried the game was going to be 'everyone's an adult' immersion breaking. Hyped.

Yes, people underestimate the gains in immersion when kids are in the game.

Kadayi

Banned
What happens if you kill a Kid I wonder? Instant game over? Pop up saying you can't do that?

IIRC you couldn't attack kids in TW3 so I imagine its the same

Yes, people underestimate the gains in immersion when kids are in the game.

Indeed. I couldn't give a stuff about ray tracing and the like, but give me a diversity of in-game population in terms of age, appearance etc and I'm happy because that's truly immersive. Maybe 6- 10 years from now there will the graphical and computational power necessary to deliver both, but I'll take the latter over the former any day of the week.

Guys, do you think Anti CDPR campaign started by Reset era will affect or influence review scores of this game?

They made that thread sticky nd all too. You all know what im talking about right?

Dries

Guys, do you think Anti CDPR campaign started by Reset era will affect or influence review scores of this game?

They made that thread sticky nd all too. You all know what im talking about right?

No, I don’t think Resetera is mainstream enough to be known outside certain internet areas.

Superkewl

(Queue the snarky replies, LOL) I just checked the Stadia website, and if you pre-order the game from them, they will give you a free Stadia. Down side is, they won't ship you the chromecast and controller until after the game is released.

I said "what the hell" and bit the bullet. I will just play on a chrome browser till it arrives.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Who cares? It won't affect the quality of the game on any way, so let them sperg as much as they want.

azz0r

Banned
I'm not sure if I should cancel my cd keys version, or cancel my ps4/5 version.

I'm thinking the mods are going to be crazy, but then the idea of playing it on the tv with the ps5 is more tempting.

It's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of PC Gamer, Kotaku, and Rock Paper Shotgun took out a point, or two, just to signal to the whole wide world where they stand. This has the potential benefit of alienating more gamers and having them migrate to genuine gaming forums.

ResetEra's is led by a gang of cowards and that includes Kyuuji , who knows for a fact any rational opposition to the slanderous accusations waged against CDPR will be met there with an instant permaban. These people wouldn't dare posting the same slanderous accusations on an open forum, where the smear campaign would be exposed and debunked for the intellectual travesty that it is.

Cowards, spineless cowards.
Let them try it here and let's see what happens.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm not sure if I should cancel my cd keys version, or cancel my ps4/5 version.

I'm thinking the mods are going to be crazy, but then the idea of playing it on the tv with the ps5 is more tempting.
You could start your cyberpunk experience by plugin the PC into the TV. Might not be the comfiest solution but thats whay I'll do.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Do we have an embargo time and date? Or are they leaving it loose?

Reviews might determine whether I wait for the next gen upgrade or buy it now. Not so much for the gameplay or story, but for the technical aspects. I really want this game, but I'm not playing it yet if it's a janky ass broken POS.

TintoConCasera

It’s just not the same though is it?! There is something blissful about console gaming, you can’t beat it.
Haha yeah, I kinda get what you mean but nah, once you are playing the game and get sucked into that world you won't even remember where you are playing it.

If you have a nice PC it's a no brainer for me: plug that beast into the TV, grab your gamepad and start cyberpunking.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

No, I don’t think Resetera is mainstream enough to be known outside certain internet areas.

While Dries is right that Era isn't mainstream enough, it does happen to be where all the journos hang out. The odds are then that the reviews will be impacted by that. Frankly though I'm not sure CDPR will give a fuck while they're busy rolling in huge piles of money, before swimming in a pool of money Scrooge McDuck style.

Kadayi

Banned
Who cares? It won't affect the quality of the game on any way, so let them sperg as much as they want.

Indeed I'd rather they sperg there versus come here and shit up the thread with their pearl-clutching BS.

While Dries is right that Era isn't mainstream enough, it does happen to be where all the journos hang out. The odds are then that the reviews will be impacted by that. Frankly though I'm not sure CDPR will give a fuck while they're busy rolling in huge piles of money, before swimming in a pool of money Scrooge McDuck style.

Agreed. Those cunts finds reasons not to play games. Meanwhile everyone else...too busy playing games.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Just looked at some more PS4 leaks, and so have to admit it looks pretty bad. I hope that the day one patch will get rid of the worst bugs, but I'm more worried about how downgraded the game looks. The gameplay footage I watched featured very few NPC's. The city looked dead. It's probably because last generation wouldn't handle the game otherwise, but there aren't going to be more NPC's in the PC version. That would surprise me.

DonJorginho

Banned
Just looked at some more PS4 leaks, and so have to admit it looks pretty bad. I hope that the day one patch will get rid of the worst bugs, but I'm more worried about how downgraded the game looks. The gameplay footage I watched featured very few NPC's. The city looked dead. It's probably because last generation wouldn't handle the game otherwise, but there aren't going to be more NPC's in the PC version. That would surprise me.
Got a link brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom