• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

klosos

I must resist watching this but its sooo hard.

Anyway I've got this sorted out in my head, I wont play on the 10th ill play on the 11th , Leave work , straight to Tesco stock up on really terrible Tesco Sushi (i love that stuff even tho it tastes like shite) and Cold Coffee straight home, close the curtains turn of the lights and make my Netrunner , play all weekend then Monday 14th Pull a sicky and play a few more days !!

See guys plan ahead. I've wanted this since the first trailer back in 2013 with that great song bullets, i cant wait.

(...) I'm more worried about how downgraded the game looks.

The first footage they showed was the 2018 48-minute demo. Compared to that, current PC footage is light-years better-looking. In fact, the Ps4 footage seems to be on par, save, possibly, for crowd density.

The PC version is a dramatic improvement over the initial showing.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
The first footage they sowed was the 2018 48-minute demo. Compared to that, current PC footage is light-years better looking. In fact, the Ps4 footage seems to be on par, save, possibly, for the crowd density.

The PC version is a dramatic improvement over the initial showing.

Then it will be massive differences between PC and PS4.

timothet

As it should be? I don't understand your point of view. Do you want game to look the same on console hardware from 2013 and PC from 2020?

Kadayi

Banned
Just looked at some more PS4 leaks, and so have to admit it looks pretty bad. I hope that the day one patch will get rid of the worst bugs, but I'm more worried about how downgraded the game looks. The gameplay footage I watched featured very few NPC's. The city looked dead. It's probably because last generation wouldn't handle the game otherwise, but there aren't going to be more NPC's in the PC version. That would surprise me.

template-custom-meme-907-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

Burger

Makes you wonder what the certification process is at Sony/Microsoft these days.

It used to be if your game crashed, or there were terrible bugs - certification would fail and you needed to resubmit. Day 1 patches (like initial builds, a 5 day process) also need to be certified before you can unlock rapid patching which allows you to push out quick updates.

But for a disc to contain what looks like a pretty wonky build... Must have been some solid hand waving over at Sony.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Makes you wonder what the certification process is at Sony/Microsoft these days.

It used to be if your game crashed, or there were terrible bugs - certification would fail and you needed to resubmit. Day 1 patches (like initial builds, a 5 day process) also need to be certified before you can unlock rapid patching which allows you to push out quick updates.

But for a disc to contain what looks like a pretty wonky build... Must have been some solid hand waving over at Sony.

Platform holders certification is about the hardware. Is the game going to brick consoles? No= Pass / Yes=Deny. They are not Digital Foundry.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just looked at some more PS4 leaks, and so have to admit it looks pretty bad. I hope that the day one patch will get rid of the worst bugs, but I'm more worried about how downgraded the game looks. The gameplay footage I watched featured very few NPC's. The city looked dead. It's probably because last generation wouldn't handle the game otherwise, but there aren't going to be more NPC's in the PC version. That would surprise me.

PC will have improved NPC + vehicle density which of course relies on memory capacity. Even if CDPR limit the IN GAME settings then there will still be "HIDDEN" settings that are accessible on PC unlike consoles.

For comparison:

PS4 = 5GB RAM total. Shared between CPU + GPU. Example: 2.5GB/2.5GB, 3.5GB/1.5GB.

PC (Minimum) = 11GB total. 8GB for CPU/3GB GPU

PC (Ultra w/o RTX) = 24GB total. 16GB for CPU/8GB GPU

PC (Ultra w/ RTX) = 26GB total. 16GB for CPU/10GB GPU

And THEN you need to worry about how weak the CPU is in last gen consoles and that they are using SPINNING HARD DRIVES. Even if they could render loads of NPCs/Vehicles there will be a LOT of pop in.

Last edited:

Burger

Platform holders certification is about the hardware. Is the game going to brick consoles? No= Pass / Yes=Deny. They are not Digital Foundry.

Yeah it sounds like it's less of a 'creative concern' and more of a technical pass.

It must have changed during the 360/PS3 area. Xbox/PS2 games didn't get patches. So the 'seal of quality' had to be on the disc. That must have been partially true for 360/PS3, as they were not always expected to be online.

Now it seems that games can be released on disc that actually don't work, or are not able to be completed, which starts to get a bit... murky.

SaniOYOYOY

welp shit, I thought of playing this on my ps4 slim :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Camper182

It's a week away from release, don't spoil yourself mate.
Thanks for your concern
Trying to decide if i should get it for my PS4 (to get ps5 upgrade when i finally acquire a ps5) or XSS
Seeing as the leaked gameplay video is from base ps4, i would like to see it

Terenty

There's a graphics options screen somewhere on the web and it doesn't seem to have "crowd density" in it. So i wouldn't be so positive the pc version is better in that regard

hemo memo

Gold Member
For those looking for spoilers - don't do that to yourself. Willpower. I've avoided basically everything in the way of videos and can't wait to go in blind. Games are better that way.

This is a long RPG so even the leaked video was nothing thankfully and media aren’t going to spoil it.

Kadayi

Banned
For those looking for spoilers - don't do that to yourself. Willpower. I've avoided basically everything in the way of videos and can't wait to go in blind. Games are better that way.

Agreed. Given the leaks are al pre-patch footage it's not doing you any favours and invariably you're going to hit spoilers the more you watch.

I think it's time to create a spoiler thread.

Go for it. Doom Patrol can hopefully fuck off there and spoil themselves silly and talk about how the game ain't all that, and Day 1 patches shouldn't be a thing in the process,

This is a long RPG so even the leaked video was nothing thankfully and media aren’t going to spoil it.

The problem is, invariably as happens with these things, someones going end up watching a bunch of footage and deliberately or accidentally let some stuff slip that will piss people off and likely result in a ban. A leak Spoiler thread solves that shit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Shit, this just occurred to me:

Do I have enough system ram?

I've got 8GB @3200 MHz
3700x
2070 OC
No. 8GB is pretty much dead. The good news is that its still pretty well priced. Take the time to update to 3600 32GB.

Thats EXCELLENT RAM for the price.

Last edited:
Do whatever you want brother, hopefully your thread doesn't turn into a shitstorm like my TLOU2 one did with all those bombshells in the story :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_tears_of_joy:
It is done.

kikkis

Pre ordered the game for 40 euros for ps4 amauter. I am excited for this new release but objectively thinking based on the previews i am not sure i should be. This is based on the fact that i place kind of big emphasis on quality of the gameplay and both gun play and melee have been lukewarm on preview impressions. Hacking and stealth is not my mojo so these elements dont really matter. I also hope skill tree is on point and some needlessly complicated mess.

impression of the story at least based on the trailers, is that the story delivery seems to be bit exaggratted at least on delivery. Also the slowburn pace is small turn off, if it doesnt build something meaningful. Regardless looking forward to playing this and hopefully i am wrong in my prejudices.

Camper182

Pre ordered the game for 40 euros for ps4 amauter. I am excited for this new release but objectively thinking based on the previews i am not sure i should be. This is based on the fact that i place kind of big emphasis on quality of the gameplay and both gun play and melee have been lukewarm on preview impressions. Hacking and stealth is not my mojo so these elements dont really matter. I also hope skill tree is on point and some needlessly complicated mess.

impression of the story at least based on the trailers, is that the story delivery seems to be bit exaggratted at least on delivery. Also the slowburn pace is small turn off, if it doesnt build something meaningful. Regardless looking forward to playing this and hopefully i am wrong in my prejudices.
Where did you pre order it for this price?

The Fartist

Gold Member
No. 8GB is pretty much dead. The good news is that its still pretty well priced. Take the time to update to 3600 32GB.

Thats EXCELLENT RAM for the price.
Thanks, man 👍

Everything's been running great on my system, from RDR2 to HZD. I just never thought twice about my RAM, untill now.

Order has been placed.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly won't be able to play this on Launch as can't afford it at the moment, but really looking forward to watching streams regardless. I really enjoyed playing Deus Ex many years ago, and this seems to share similar elements, just on a far larger scale. Plus way more features like driving.

Everything I've seen so far from the game has just made me even more excited for it. All of the Night City Wire episodes really did a great job in selling me on the game, there's so much to do by the looks of it. I think I'll take a different path to the streamer I watch, but probably won't be until next year I'll play. It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Honestly feels crazy to be so close to Launch. I remember when this game was just a title and logo announcement. So excited! Especially interested to see how deep people can go with the character creator as well.

Kadayi

Banned
Anyone here has this book?

Is it any good?

Not the deluxe edition (seems overpriced for the extras), but yeah I have the book. It's pretty good, but it doesn't have everything in there. There's a fair amount of Art in there, but it's more a guide to the world of Cyberpunk with details of the history of the setting, gangs areas etc versus than an out and out Artbook. I got mine for around £20 and I'm not unhappy with it.

Last edited:
Not, the deluxe (seems overpriced for the extras), but yeah I have the book. It's pretty good, but it doesn't have everything in there. There's a fair amount of Art in there, but it's more a guide to the world of Cyberpunk with details of the history of the setting, gangs areas etc versus than an out and out Artbook. I got mine for around £20 and I'm not unhappy with it.
Cool. I will get it as a present from my GF in a few days. This is exactly what I'm looking for. A glass of whiskey and a good read to get in the cyber-mood before the release. Thanks.

Maddux4164

Anyone have experience with Play-Asia? Got the pc version there because it’s $40. It’s GOG. Will I get it 6pm US time the 9th?Do they give codes early to pre-load (doubtful but never know)

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Anyone here has this book?

Is it any good?
It is good, for what it is. Rather interesting, gives good knowledge about the lore.

But it is not a book, like literature. The writing is good, but not on par with best books you can read etc. But well worth the money at least the standard edition.

I think, because the cover of mine is a bit different.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone have experience with Play-Asia? Got the pc version there because it’s $40. It’s GOG. Will I get it 6pm US time the 9th?Do they give codes early to pre-load (doubtful but never know)
have fun waiting for your code to come through.

no chance of preload. they ain't an official distributor so codes will be coming from boxes and need manually upload. they can't give you the code until the game releases. i mean, do you expect people who bought the physical PC copy from Amazon to get their copy early so they can preload???

you could be waiting a day or two for the code to be sent out. it depends on your luck and how quick they can get all the codes into the system and sent out. and then of course however long it takes you to download the game.

if you want to play at midnight then the best chance is to buy digitally from Sony, Microsoft, Steam, Gog, or any other official digital retailer. you'll get a preload that way and be able to play quicker.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

have fun waiting for your code to come through.

no chance of preload. they ain't an official distributor so codes will be coming from boxes and need manually upload. they can't give you the code until the game releases. i mean, do you expect people who bought the physical PC copy from Amazon to get their copy early so they can preload???

you could be waiting a day or two for the code to be sent out. it depends on your luck and how quick they can get all the codes into the system and sent out. and then of course however long it takes you to download the game.

if you want to play at midnight then the best chance is to buy digitally from Sony, Microsoft, Steam, Gog, or any other official digital retailer. you'll get a preload that way and be able to play quicker.
Guess I’ll play it by ear. If it came at 6pm the 9th. That’s fine. (That’s 1am poland time). Also, if steam or GOG offers it for $50 between now and then I’ll snag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom