• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Special: Xbox Console Footage (One X, Series X)

R6Rider

Gold Member
What's crazy to me is that they've always billed the game as set in a sprawling city. But in the driving sections on both the X/SX I counted a total of 5 pedestrians/npcs?

They've also stated depending on the time of day and location that NPC count will vary. They've barely shown any street sections yet to be able to judge one way or another.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Resetera confirmed:

WEWsgUS.jpg

Fixed

VFXVeteran

Banned
Every other showcase is PC, lol. They needed to show the console versions at some point

But their showcases aren't always in 4k native and most of them don't have all the graphics features set to MAX. I can tell a lot of low settings in the game.

Eric187

Banned
Looks great to me no matter the performance I’m ready to get my hands on this game... while over at retardera the dissatisfaction in everything about this game is apparent. Bad writing, bad frame rate, bad gunplay, basically bad everything. What a miserable pile of human beings.

Starfield

Too low res. Why would they not show their game in the best light possible - on the PC with Ultra settings @4k? I want to see ALL the details in the game damnit! The consoles aren't going to show the good rendering tech.
This footage is dedicated for people such as the ones who constantly post in the PS5 and Xbox Meme king thread who cannot afford a high-end PC so they know how the game is going to look on their respective console.

Stuart360

The XSX driving footage from 1:52 - 2:59 did look pretty sweet. But would be sooo much sweeter at 60fps.
Thank god for PC.

Last edited:
So it premieres on the XSX first, that can mean only one thing - it performs the best on the Series X.

No, they have a deal with MS plus MS had the same deal for assassin's creed valhalla and that game still performed better on PS5 .. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I am just going to wait for the next gen upgrades since its confirmed for next year

Looks quite bad, the streets being so dead and empty was stark after some recent titles we've seen.

Combat also looks poor. Wouldn't touch these console versions, at least wait for next gen patch or go PC.

ReeeeEra circle jerk is at full force rn.
Rolling my eyes at some of the nitpicking.
It’s the console footage.. what did you expect?

What do you guys think of the dialogues? Female V sounded awesome. The voice actress is the real deal. Makoto ❤️

Reeee talking about how corny one or two of CP77 dialogue are while they’re sucking the dick of Ubisoft writers.

Yeah that’s just sad lol.
Valhalla is the peak writing with their quests for them. I’m not surprised anymore.

zeiF5RH.jpg

THEAP99

Banned
Christ. No wonder it got delayed so many times. Still seems it needs a lot more work. Pc players are luxury to this company

acm2000

So whats this "next gen" patch supposed to be about? ray tracing? because judging from the footage Series X has low-medium settings of ray traced reflections implemented

wrong, its one x version with series s/x support for back compat, no ray tracing etc

Too low res. Why would they not show their game in the best light possible - on the PC with Ultra settings @4k? I want to see ALL the details in the game damnit! The consoles aren't going to show the good rendering tech.
Because on 4K the ps5 will struggle so they had to show lower resolution.

ReBurn

Gold Member
There will be PS5 and XSX boosts/enhancements at launch with full next gen version coming next year.

This has been known for a long time.
I mean, the release date was known for a long time, too. So much for what we know. People want the best experience they can get and having new gen performance is important to them. If players choose to wait for the promise of what is coming it's possible CDPR misses revenue opportunity due to interest shifting to other titles that provide what people are looking for.

FlyyGOD

Can't say I was unimpressed. Outside of some choppy sections it looked fine on XB1X, but I thought it looked fantastic on Series X.

Now I'm curious to see how it runs on the base PS4 and XB1 just for the lols.
Why are you curious to see a shit show? If ps4 or xbox can run this game at a constant 1080 p ill be impressed. I wouldn't be surprised if the ran at 900p though.

Last edited:
i swear all this game has going for it is hype. CDPR made a single "good" game that was also overhyped that is witcher 3 and everyone acts like they in talk for one of the best developers. The streets look empty, dialogues are terrible and cringe, and the gunplay looks just bad. nothing about this game shouts next gen (yes even the pc footage we saw). but i am not surprised if it scores very highly since the marketing budget and the affiliated reviewers

Top Bottom