• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denton

steam desktop icon sucks
Haha I created my own in higher resolution even before I could preload it :p

dsa8jtq.png

Anyone got any tips for hdr settings on Ps5 yet? When I change the setting to HDR it makes the menu look very dull. I assume that’s a good thing though, however I don’t really understand what the different settings mean in the HDR menu.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any consensus yet on which version is best between PS5 and series X? Obviously running in BC mode but Do either offer native 4k?

Game is legit. System upon systems, crafting ,hacking, that enormous skill tree. Cdpr really went out of their way to give you options to make your own V. The world oh my, every detail of the city is touched by dedication and care. If the choice and consequences part pans out this may be the rpg to end all rpg.

Corpsepyre

Banned
A bit confusing. What happened to that purported 43 gb patch? Was that a rumour? PC players won't be having to download a hefty patch on day 1?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So my xbox series x install thTs 59.5gb wont be patched? or is there another patch today?
Total size should be over 100 GB (including 40 GB patch), at least on PlayStation. I would assume it won't be that different on Xbox

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
lol wtf kind of comparison video is this :(
This is not a trailer, this is part of the Streetkid lifepath at the end of a mission and is an in engine rendered gameplay piece that is the same across all games. We thought this would be a good way to show you the difference as the character interaction, lighting and movement are the same. This is not a graphical breakdown but a comparison, they are different things. All the settings were the same with no filters or manipulations whatsoever. What platform will you be playing it on Void Theory?
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJydowXybw&lc=UgxwVTrWrfyaJeOajDZ4AaABAg.9H2tkHttIo49H2vO1mRB8-

Last edited:

norm9

Fantastic OT. I can't allow myself to read it until after I play a bit though. Other than one trailer, I'm going in blind.

Did anyone try the changing timezone trick on xbox? I've got five more hours to wait, and don't want to muck things up when release is so close.

ToadMan

Played about 3 hours. Just the tutorial/intro and into the first couple of missions.

First impressions not good.

Glitches everywhere. Literally first scene and the NPC next to me spawned without her legs ... from there it’s just a constant stream of jarring glitches. Probably it did need the the few more months of polish that was talked about.

Then again there’s gonna be some hilarious gifs to come out of it lol.

Graphics are meh on PS5. Seems like a solid enough framerate and res but they’re just bland even by PS4 standards - Witcher looks better I’d say. Let’s see what the next gen patch does for them.

The controller is drifting like crazy - can’t seem to get the settings to fix this - I’m actually not certain the settings are working as intended but need to fiddle a bit more. It feels like the game is dynamically calibrating the sticks but the algorithm isn’t quite right for it. This was using a DualSense ... Maybe I’ll try it with a DS4 next time.

Also the whole environment is empty. No people and no traffic. Much worse than something like GTA, Watch Dogs or even Spider-Man for evoking the feeling of a living world. It doesn’t convey a feeling of crowded cyberpunk city setting at all. Not so far anyway.

There looks to be a fairy deep upgrade system though and I’m hopeful the quests will be solid since even in these first couple there have been options that I guess would be repayable in different ways.

Dries

Sorry for maybe beating a dead horse, but:

- will there be a PC performance thread for this game?
- what is this “Psycho” setting in the ray tracing options?

Watching streams of this game, it honestly looks like a disaster. Even if they fix all the bugs the writing seems juvenile and the story doesn't seem all that interesting.

Brute

Can anyone link me to that image of all the review scores please? I can't find it and saw it in this thread yesterday I'm sure of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom