• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

2AdEPT

Yes! Finally after 70+ hours doing mostly side missions, romance quest with Judy and tonnes of phto mode shoots (and as such getting just under halfway through the game at level 20), I can now use the SPT 32 Grad sniper rifle I picked up near Viktors Ripper workshop up the elevator to the balcony at the start of the game. OMG what an improvement over what I thought was my already OP Achilles rifle.

edit sorry folks duplicate of the first video now corrected!

Last edited:

Warablo

I heard there's a bug with the legendary clothing mod that adds +15% crit chance and +30% crit damage doesn't actually work. Or it doesn't stack, or something. Anyone else try it? I don't want to spend 90K for nothing.
I just got some pants that give 15% crit chance, but since I already have 30% crit chance on my armor, It doesn't update in the stat menu total screen. So maybe you can only have one attribute increase.

Dorohedoro

I swear it sounded like some random British guy filled in for Keanu for a minute in that cutscene at the end of Act 2 outside of the church. "I gawt yew.", shit was weird.

Mozzarella

Ohhh.. I just finished the game! the ending i got was imo a fitting end. (mostly spoiler free, but i decided to tag anyway)
I chose "Rogue/Johnny" path as it seemed to me the most plausible in terms of story. I could've called Panam but i thought what do those Nomads have to do with Arasaka and Smasher and Mikoshi, it just doesnt feel plausible imo, its kinda of a fanservice ending. The Arasaka option is another valid and plausible option but i didnt like the idea because i have nobody that i really care about in Arasaka and the one character i liked from them Just failed to save him So i think going through that route was inconsistent from the part of my V character that i helped establish.
Johnny/Rogue path had two ending and i chose one that also fits better imo Johnny goes with Alt.

Overall i would say its a decent ending, not very satisfying, not very impactful, but its decent enough.

I will not rate this game as of now because its still fresh in my memory and when games are fresh i will give them higher rating than they probably deserve, so i will rate this game after at least a week or at max a month from now, this way i will know for sure how i feel about it.
But right now i feel like its a very good game and i enjoyed playing it. However it has many shortcoming and issues that come along with it, and when its at its peak it doesnt reach my favorite games as well. Its a game that i will play one more time for sure, when the big DLC comes out, now i will keep playing it by doing some gigs for fun and roaming around the city to see some hidden stuff, or just shoot some gangs with the cool gunplay. But i dont think i will sit through long sessions of it now, it will probably be a hour or two at max.
Fun game, enjoyed it a lot, loved the Soundtrack and the art direction is amazing. Some characters are very cool and some are meh, but they are well made generally. I will check out the other endings too. Probably will try to pick up the secret ending too.
Very good game, imo doesnt reach Witcher 3 levels. I think Witcher 3 is still CDPR best game. And if i will go into more details, Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone are CDPR best works ever, Blood and Wine at the top probably, but HoS is so good i cant knock it off.
Looking forward for the DLC and fixes and add-ons. This game is not done yet, im sure there's more to come.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
There are the hacks you install on your main cyber chip (get that to legendary asap) then there are the perks in teh intelligence trees to compliment your specifc hack set up. There may also be a few in other skill trees like Cool or even Body.
Yes, this is badly explained, but as I understand perks unlock things to be used in the hacking mini game, whereas gear gives you more options when scanning with L1/LB.

ajanke

The main quest too short makes me sad lol. Barely played the main quest line and already at the point of no return. Also, kinda cool how you kinda get
a johnny arm.

2AdEPT

Yes, this is badly explained, but as I understand perks unlock things to be used in the hacking mini game, whereas gear gives you more options when scanning with L1/LB.
Well you are correct sort of, as there is at least one perk that alllows you to get more upgrade items during the minigame but these are for crafting IIRC. The perks you use for actaul netrunning (using your scanner on things) are mostly in the skill trees Intelligence and cool...... But perks are secondary....THe most important way to build a good netrunner is to get a better and better eventually legendary operating system which will allow you to add 6 mods to it. This gives you better access to all the various nethacks (mods) and bascially makes netrunning more fun rather than a chore.

You access your operating system through the cyberware option on inventory, in addition to the operating system I notice that I have an immune system mod that increase the length of time breach protocpol works (i.e. how long I get reduced ram cost for hacking) and also a ram replacement mod in the fontal cortex. Im only level 20 so there are likely more. The breach protocol also uess the minigame but its usually easier than when you are trying to get E$ and components.

The mods I like to have are PING, which highlights where the enemies are behind walls etc....if you want to battle and not just stealth, or if you only have one or two hard to reach or strategic stealth kills left this enables them to be vulnerable to your rifle or sniper ability to shoot through walls!

I also took short circuit and synapse burnout to actaully kill enemies, unfortunately it can break your stealth to do this though. ALways do short circuit fitst as sunapse burnout is scaled off how much damage an enemy has left...it wont take much off full health enemies.

Finally I took the memory wipe and cripple movement ones for stealth...you can screw around with emeies who are wise to yo being there, but if you ues memeory wipe after they wont remember to look for you. This all helps my focus which is stealth. There are other mods and Im less than halfway through the game and level 20/50 so my guess s that there are even more to choose from later. I only have 2 epic hacks, 5 rare, and the rest uncommon. It will be interesting to fnd more epic and legendary hacks. I cant even craft ANY hacks or cyberware yet!

As I mentioned above the ability to hack enems throughthe camera is gold but i thnk you just have to have enough intelligence? cant find a perk that does this for you so maybe its an option for everyone?

----------------------------

On another note I just noticed I can craft an armour mod worth 67 armour? How long ahas that been there without ne knowing LOL :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Superkewl

Graphically it looks better on the XSX.
It's actually a toss up. I own both versions(yes I know it's not actually a series x version) and play quality mode on both. Stadia uses higher res textures. You can see by going right up to the vending machines, you can actually read the text on them while they are just blurred blobs on the XSX. Also notice things like garbage bags look way sharper on stadia. On the flip side, Stadia noticeably has lower crowd density, where as the XSX has high crowd density. Should also note, it looks better on Stadia if you are playing via chromecast as it uses a better streaming codec.

I play on the XSX as I prefer the xbox controller

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Looking at the map, sometimes there's a 2, 3, 4, or an asterisk on the icons. What do those mean? I don't see any info on the legend.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Spent the last 5 hours or so in the badlands. Loving some of the missions out here (including the stuff with Panam of course)! Being out in this wasteland makes it feel like I'm playing Fallout almost. Really nice change of pace from Night City.

Anyone else save up stats/perks until you run into a stat check or something that makes you want to spend them? I've got like 4 attribute points and 6 perk points just waiting, but feel like I don't want to spend them quite yet.

Paltheos

Around the 40 hour mark right now. I hadn't encountered any gamebreaking bugs until today (the occasional man walking through car and other such clipping glitches, but nothing too bad).

Today I got 2 bad ones.
In the weapons' factory on the eastern side of the map, I was jumping across rooftops, didn't make a jump by any margin (target was too far away), and clipped through the building. Softlock - Stuck in the interior. Lucky I lost only a few minutes of progress.
Wandering through... some area in centralish Night City, I wander down an alleyway, double jump over a tall fence, annnnnd fall through a hole in the map, which, in retrospect, is plainly visible as a hole in the map upon closer inspection lol. After a few seconds the game respawned me inbounds.

2AdEPT

Is there... Cyber Gwent? I... I need to know that this is something I can discover.
sorry, not much in the way of minigames, just the hacking stuff.

Spent the last 5 hours or so in the badlands. Loving some of the missions out here (including the stuff with Panam of course)! Being out in this wasteland makes it feel like I'm playing Fallout almost. Really nice change of pace from Night City.

Anyone else save up stats/perks until you run into a stat check or something that makes you want to spend them? I've got like 4 attribute points and 6 perk points just waiting, but feel like I don't want to spend them quite yet.
I never thought of doing that...I alsways spend right away to get something good....I alwasy see somethign I wish I had ysterday so I never save up. I may have tosto ust taking stuff in various trees though as I dont want to lose out on maxing intelligence and the netrunning stuff. I may have taken too much in blades as it is (I found the free legendary mantis blades early) and wanted to boost them even more LOL.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I have that inclination too, but ultimately you're just wasting potential exp by not getting exp for your actions since you're at the cap. It's early days, so I want to spend points on everything to see what the skills do. I'll respec later.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Are the net runner decks better suited for some builds than others? Or they are more or less the same depending on rarity?

This is lengthy because no one I know is playing this so apologies in advance. After multiple restarts because I was never happy how my FemV looked, I've got close to 100 hours, closed out one of the Act 2 main quests, maybe halfway through the other two, and still tons to do in the southern districts of the map. This is easily my GOTY. It's everything I want in an rpg. Great, memorable characters mixed in with absolute preem side content.

First person was the right call.The dialogue mixed with first person perspective, and the movements and animations of characters feels more like an advancement in games to me than anything else released this year. Usually I feel the criticism "immersion breaking" is a cheap copout to prop up the criticism as something more than "I don't like that." But I'm completely immersed here. In the dark depths of the ocean immersed so maybe I'm an idiot for thinking like that.

Combat has a lot of versatility and just feels better the more you level up and improve. I've always felt powerful in other rpgs after leveling but there's something I can't quite describe that makes later combat really let you feel how powerful you are. Maybe it's how fast you can become, how much more agile you are with implants or how fast you can slaughter a room full of gonks. Most of the level design for gigs and side jobs does as well. I think people are missing a ton of details when they rush through the content like terminals which reference other characters in the world and give you a better or bleaker impression of that character. But some people don't care about that which is cool! But I relish and savor details like this. And the soundtrack...every track hits hard and always at the right moment like those synths in Love Like Fire.

I've seen a lot of criticisms from review outlets and players who dismiss the game for having "nothing to say" and isn't that...fine? Yes, I realize you can quote William Gibson, cool. But, I don't need or want every piece of media I consume to "have something to say." Sometimes, I just want a compelling story with great characters, which CP2077 delivers. A CDPR joint has never been about some grand statement related to real world issues dressed up in fantasy clothing. They've always put all their energy into the story and the characters. The Bloody Baron is a benchmark because it felt real, real drama people might have experienced on some level and completely unexpected in a fantasy rpg video game. Expecting different content from a studio that made its name in other areas of writing seems a little misguided and dishonest.

I've also seen many comments about the game having "no heart." I think it is incredibly dismissive, completely untrue and quite sad they don't see the intimacy between V, major npcs and even the npcs connected to the major ones. So far, my favorite character content has been the arc with Evelyn and eventually Judy. Judy is the best romance I've ever experienced in a game and not for the reasons you may (or may not) be thinking. More in the spoiler about quests with Evelyn and Judy.

I was enjoying the game but not truly blown away by the story or characters until Automatic Love. I was kind of cringing at the thought of an inevitable awkwardly animated sex scene coming up. Oh no. Getting a heart to (AI) heart conversation. I had to close my jaw as your encounter with Angel/Skye progressed. Everything about this scene was perfect. Lighting, the doll's soothing tone, slowly moving down next to each other and FemV nailed the desperation and uncertainty in her tone. Just unbelievable stuff.

I always like Judy's character design so I knew I wanted to romance her. The progression from guarded and questioning to friendship to intimate lover was great. It felt more natural than other video game romances to me. Progression, sharing, intimacy. Pyramid Song...lord I wasn't ready for this. Judy goes from welcoming and flirty to sharing to concerned and worried to vulnerable and finally happiness with FemV. What a range of emotions in a short piece of content. Possibly my favorite non-combat side quests of all time. The sex scene was't even titillating really. It was sensual and between two characters falling for each other. Very tasteful.

Judy's stellar voicework throughout really gave her heart and a whole range of emotions. Some easily missable details are in Judy's emails and dialogue with Evelyn and Maiko. She's been used by people around her and I think we've all been there to some degree or another. I fucked up with Maiko and let Mox take over Clouds. Hearing the Tyger Claws came back for revenge, killed Tom and shut Clouds down was tough but became heaetbreaking with Judy's delivery and her desire to forget everything because that time was just between her and V.

Her lines about wanting to get the hell out of Night City really struck a deep chord with me because that was basically the first 18 years of my life. Get out or this place is going to swallow you whole. No heart? "Serviceable" writing? If this cold hearted hetero male gonk can get tears coaxed out of his black soul by dialogue with FemV's lesbian girlfriend, this game has heart. It has more than it can contain and it had a ton of heart put it into it by the developers.

Goddamn, CDPR, you've come a long way from ploughing cards.

Does he always kill himself?

No.
There are multiple differences. Do the optional task and check on him literally in a few hours. Any longer and you'll fail.

DeaDPo0L84

Did some research and the issue I mentioned concerning beating the game is apparently a bug. You are like most open world games supposed to be thrown back into the game before the "point of no return" BUT retain all the progression and items you obtained due to beating the game. The game even displays a message meant for this and promises a reward upon loading back in but none of this happens. So after 60 hours of getting through my first playthrough and being excited about clearing all the remaining activities I am now forced to wait cause I don't have a post game save, only the one that is 3 hours from when I started the point of no return quest. This, after any of the other mild bugs I have had which didn't bother me much, is actually really frustrating cause it is keeping me from playing. But I am going out of town for the holidays so maybe it'll be fixed by time I am back.

Last edited:

2AdEPT

This is lengthy
I agree 100%. I first experienced CDPR story telling and relationship building in witcher 2 and this story line was even better than anticipated. The sun rises literally 1 minute and half after you are prompted to leave.....I just sat with judy on the docks and wathced the sunrise with her instead of leaving...I got video of it but will have to find time to edit it and do a good job on it. MIght record my own original music to go with the sunrise. I noticed you reacted to my earlier post with the pics, but yeah video to come. I did well to get the best results so far (dont worry too much about Maiku Judy hates it no matter what you do, but yeah, Tom dying sucks for sure) but I really have to make sure I get a good ending for Judy now.

Tahj

Been real negligent w/ photo mode. Had a photo here but edited to remove as I ended up not liking it XD

Finally started the Claire quest line now that I seem to have stopped CTD when driving. I took her up on her ride back to the shop after the first part, & it was this weird 3-4min ride, absolutely no dialogue, & rather than stop at the shop, she pulled over at the fast travel nearby; I auto-exited her truck & she drove off w/out a word lol. Was this anyone else's experience or did I get a bug?

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Question for those who progressed past the first several story missions. Dunno if this is a bug or a feature.

Jackie's dead in the car, and according to my scanner he dropped some phat l3wt on his corpse, but I can't get back in the car to get it, so I'm assuming I can go get it later on depending on what choice I gave the driver? (I sent him to Vik)

Or, am I supposed to be able to loot him now, and it's a bug that I can't get it? Or is it a bug that I can even see it? lol

Never too sure with this game hahaha

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Additional question:

I looted something called "Saburo's dogtag" from Saburo's corpse, and now I can't find it in my inventory. Is there some kind of quest item tab that I'm missing?

Starfield

no.

Everyone should do the side quest where a guy wants to:

crucify himself. Fuck that was a crazy quest. You can even choose to nail him on the cross yourself. After you're done you should spend some time to listen to all the conversations nearby. Outside theres 2 women talking about that she found some terrifying footage on her datapad and confronts her. The other one finally gives up and explains to her that she enjoyed chopping up those kids and she already found a buyer for that BD. THE FUCK

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Ep_pxPhW4AEDJgt

Ep_pxPmXMAU8bQ_

Lmao

MadYarpen

whew, did the Judy part last night. Another punch in the guts.

I just stared at her instead of leaving the lakeside. Just like I would have difficulties to say good bye IRL.

CDPR, you maniacs, what are you doing to me.

Also managed to get enough cash to invest seriously in implants, I think I am ready to face this fucker
Oda
. Although I was not able to get any better assault rifle than I had last time. Anyone knows where can I get / buy one? Now I have a purple AJAX with 265 dps, much lower than my precision rifle (blue widow maker, 370 dps)

I agree 100%. I first experienced CDPR story telling and relationship building in witcher 2 and this story line was even better than anticipated. The sun rises literally 1 minute and half after you are prompted to leave.....I just sat with judy on the docks and wathced the sunrise with her instead of leaving...I got video of it but will have to find time to edit it and do a good job on it. MIght record my own original music to go with the sunrise. I noticed you reacted to my earlier post with the pics, but yeah video to come. I did well to get the best results so far
(dont worry too much about Maiku Judy hates it no matter what you do, but yeah, Tom dying sucks for sure)
but I really have to make sure I get a good ending for Judy now.

Looking forward to the video! People have been putting out ridiculous stuff from photi mode and I love seeing it. The quiet moments in the game are few but add so much. Not sure if I want more because it might make the others less special? I dunno. I love this kind of stuff in rpgs. Small, quiet character moments with player input instead of just a cutscene.

I became a fan of CDPR sometime around 2009/2010 after Dragon Age: Origins got me back into PC gaming. I was craving another fantasy rpg and kept hearing this "Witch" game. Bought it one weekend when I was bored and it made me a fan ever since.

Ivory Blood

No. It's a time gated quest though, you should talk to him at first opportunity after the cops ask you to. Then visit Andrews grave in North Oak cemetery, then return immediately to his buddies and they'll talk it out.

Additional question:

I looted something called "Saburo's dogtag" from Saburo's corpse, and now I can't find it in my inventory. Is there some kind of quest item tab that I'm missing?
No. You shouldn't be able to loot Jackies corpse, and Saburos tags actually ARE in your inventory if you open it fully, but there is nothing you can do with them. I guess it's part of a cut quest or something.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

(I posted on the wrong thread, now posting on the correct one : )

Guys tonight i am starting the game on base PS4. Wish me luck.
I am not expecting too much, i just want a cool futuristic world to hangout and have fun.
I am excited. Keanu Reeves here we go.

maxresdefault.jpg
If performance issues don't get to you, you'll be playing one of the best games ever made.

Last edited:

Warablo

Are the net runner decks better suited for some builds than others? Or they are more or less the same depending on rarity?
Each deck does kinda tailor a style, but more or less the same. When starting out I just saved for a blue rare one that had 9 ram. Legendary decks there is two that let ultimate hacks spread or just plain combat hacks spread. Which seem like top tier compared to the rest of the decks. There is one legendary deck that seems tailored towards covert hacks, but seems lackluster compared to the other two. I'm gonna buy it just to mix it up once in awhile.

Last edited:

djinferno807

Neo Member
I was reminded by a video I watched recently how utterly broken Skyrim was in PS3 and Xbox 360 when it first launched. We are talking about fps as low as 16 at times even 0 as the game would freeze outright. But I don't remember a shred of outrage like this.

Makes me really question the narrative being spun and fake outrage. It wouldn't be a big deal if "journalists" weren't already giving it a low score before the console fiasco. Then you got guys in here saying they don't read dialogue or skip things and blow through the story.

SJRB

Gold Member
I was reminded by a video I watched recently how utterly broken Skyrim was in PS3 and Xbox 360 when it first launched. We are talking about fps as low as 16 at times even 0 as the game would freeze outright. But I don't remember a shred of outrage like this.

Makes me really question the narrative being spun and fake outrage. It wouldn't be a big deal if "journalists" weren't already giving it a low score before the console fiasco. Then you got guys in here saying they don't read dialogue or skip things and blow through the story.
Different times, honestly. That was 9 years ago.

But yeah, I played Skyrim on PS3 so I've experienced first hand what a truly broken game is. Not to mention this was before the era of hotfixes and quick patches, so you were basically shit out of luck the moment you hit that save file treshhold causing your game to crash every 10 minutes like clockwork.

It was a brutal experience. And yet Skyrim is considered one of the greatest games every made by many, and I'm sure the same will happen to 2077 when the dust settles and the game has had 6 months worth of QOL patches.

New Vegas was staight up dogshit at launch, and is now hailed as one of the greatest RPG's ever made. So yeah, time heals all wounds. Time, and patches.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Different times, honestly. That was 9 years ago.

But yeah, I played Skyrim on PS3 so I've experienced first hand what a truly broken game is. Not to mention this was before the era of hotfixes and quick patches, so you were basically shit out of luck the moment you hit that save file treshhold causing your game to crash every 10 minutes like clockwork.

It was a brutal experience. And yet Skyrim is considered one of the greatest games every made by many, and I'm sure the same will happen to 2077 when the dust settles and the game has had 6 months worth of QOL patches.

New Vegas was staight up dogshit at launch, and is now hailed as one of the greatest RPG's ever made. So yeah, time heals all wounds. Time, and patches.

Different times? You sure?

Never heard much outrage about this game

2AdEPT

people should talk more about how amazing the soundtrack for this game is, i often find myself pulling over to the side of the road just to let a song finish.

78 Track Official Youtube Playlist:

Agreed. Definitely a good mix of music appropriate to the Cyberpunk theme. My favourite song so far is on Valestrom Radio and its usually played around Malestrom hideouts: Chorus: "Everything Burns, Everything BUrns" I just cant find it on the 78 long list? Obviously the chorus isnt the name of the song?

TriSuit666

Banned
Question for those who beat the game:

So I beat the game,nomad ending, got some clothes that were called V's clothes or something, also an outfit at a camp just before the ending. I hit the option "one more gig" and it put me back in front of the building where the point of of no return starts. None of the items I mentioned beforehand are in my inventory and it also mentioned thered be a special item in my inventory for beating the game but I see nothing.

Hopefully someone can help cause this is a bit frustrating after a relatively good ending.

If I'm reading you correctly - then congratulations!

You have unlocked the second secret epilogue possibility (yep, two secret endings) - this puts you back at the Arasaka building raid attempt - but you have ONE attempt at this, die here, you fail and the credits will roll. I've not done this, but even the game guide warns this is a suicide run and best not attempted unless you've maxed out everything.

Loostreaks

I've seen a lot of criticisms from review outlets and players who dismiss the game for having "nothing to say" and isn't that...fine? Yes, I realize you can quote William Gibson, cool. But, I don't need or want every piece of media I consume to "have something to say." Sometimes, I just want a compelling story with great characters, which CP2077 delivers. A CDPR joint has never been about some grand statement related to real world issues dressed up in fantasy clothing. They've always put all their energy into the story and the characters. The Bloody Baron is a benchmark because it felt real, real drama people might have experienced on some level and completely unexpected in a fantasy rpg video game. Expecting different content from a studio that made its name in other areas of writing seems a little misguided and dishonest.
I've no idea where people are coming up with this..did they even play the same game?
Recently, a mission where Takemura and V had to do some reconaissance for upcoming mission, from the rooftops on one of the major buildings. So after this was done, I expected the game to go the same route, as nearly all games go: Ok, we're done, quest log updated, see you at location X.
Instead, I don't know how ( I guess it happened very spontaneously), V and him started having a very "earnest" talk, just two people from very different/opposite walks of life, that circumstances forced to work together, talking about the world, it's state, where it's heading, his background, how he was rescued from the streets by Arasaka, who gave him purpose and stability in life, how he admired Saburo, shortsightedness of people like V, etc.
It was a very natural, down to earth, conversation that offered refreshing perspective compared to what you usually get in Cyberpunk/sci fi genre ( "the Mwahahaha villain who does evil deeds as means to bring order to chaotic world, and then the protagonist comes up and say: But what about FREEDOM and the right to chose Ourselves!").
Really memorable scene: the dialogue, the visuals, music, background, it was almost poetic in a sense ( "Tears in the rain").
This game doesn't preach and has a lot to say on a very personal level, without trying to change world around you.

Top Bottom