• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

Spyxos

Can someone please tell me in spoiler if
the vodoo boy hacker is supposed to die everytime or there is a way to save him?

The dlc feels a bit more rpg in term of choices and conseguences compared to the vanilla game.
I did replay this part 2 times, and he died both times so i am pretty sure he can only die.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guess I didn’t do that ? When I opted to go the other direction compared to what you did, it went in a completely different direction to the point I don’t think we would’ve visited any of the same places. So perhaps you only get that on your path.

I was left with no “good” endings. Felt gutted no matter what I did.
I meant in the level with the thing chasing you.

Chronicle

I lost all story content on my first mission! That is fucking bullshit!

Late at night. High. Must've not done something. dont know. I'm thinking about my skill tree and shit. I just want to maim someone. Fuck the story.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I meant in the level with the thing chasing you.
Think there was a legendary item in a desk in the room with the robot not moving. Unsure if that’s what that is. I forgot to check what it was due to the stressful nature of the events going on at the time.

You can spoiler tag what I should’ve found and where. Sounds like I missed it lol.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Think there was a legendary item in a desk in the room with the robot not moving. Unsure if that’s what that is. I forgot to check what it was due to the stressful nature of the events going on at the time.

You can spoiler tag what I should’ve found and where. Sounds like I missed it lol.
Hehe most people probably missed the items due to the stress. Doesn't that make it an awesome level?

Arsic

Hehe most people probably missed the items due to the stress. Doesn't that make it an awesome level?

I remember picking the first thing up, but not the second. I also died after picking it up first time and may have not done it the second time.

And no, I found it the worst part of the game in its entirety. I loathe shit stealth sections forced on players in games, and instant death is dumb design losing progress thus leading to frustration from the player. It’s a very unnecessary part of the game that drags down an otherwise superbly well paced narrative.

It’s something if you enjoy doing the one time you’ll also never want to do again because of how long and slow it is.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
So what's the point of even equiping shoes / pants in 2.0? 70 hours of gameplay and I'm yet to find anything that provides any kind of perk.

Shoes that allow you to run a little faster or pants that reduce fall damage or anything like that would be good to have...

I'm using wardrobe functionality not to run around with my ass on full display but these 2 clothing slots remain empty...

SJRB

Gold Member
So what's the point of even equiping shoes / pants in 2.0? 70 hours of gameplay and I'm yet to find anything that provides any kind of perk.

Shoes that allow you to run a little faster or pants that reduce fall damage or anything like that would be good to have...

I'm using wardrobe functionality not to run around with my ass on full display but these 2 clothing slots remain empty...

You're right, the game should give 0.2% damage for every step you take without shoes.

There's no way running around Dogtown without shoes won't shred up your feet.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You're right, the game should give 0.2% damage for every step you take without shoes.

There's no way running around Dogtown without shoes won't shred up your feet.

They went from clothes being absolutely ridiculous and treated like fucking armor in a fantasy game (I guess thanks to their one and only previous experience crafting a game system: The Witcher) where clothes were level gated and offered stupid perks (short with 4 mod slots + 100 armor) to where we are now. What a journey.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Part of the reason I used it was because car controls with mouse + keyboard was like a blind 90 year old driving drunk while texting. I’m trying to give cars another shot now that they improved the handling….. but yeah I’ll probably end up going back to that bike.

I love being able to zip around traffic on that bike. BTW, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that a place as dysfunctional as Night City has the shittiest drivers I've ever seen in a video game.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

I see it as a bonus, now I can run around in nothing but a helmet and not be punished for it.

I love being able to zip around traffic on that bike. BTW, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that a place as dysfunctional as Night City has the shittiest drivers I've ever seen in a video game.
I remember one time Rivers was driving and having a heart to heart with me, while driving over screaming pedestrians and showing no reaction whatsoever. I wonder if there are any mods to make the driving behavior more like 1.0, it was pretty entertaining.

Topher

Gold Member
I remember one time Rivers was driving and having a heart to heart with me, while driving over screaming pedestrians and showing no reaction whatsoever. I wonder if there are any mods to make the driving behavior more like 1.0, it was pretty entertaining.

Oh wow....yeah, Rivers was weird. For me he was driving in a circle at an intersection for like a whole damn minute while we had that talk. It's like the AI couldn't figure out which way to go. Then it suddenly figured it out and we were off. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
To be fair, some of the clothes can have slight buffs on them. I found some tier 4 shoes yesterday that increased my walk speed by like 0.02%

Another puffy douchey vest I found increased my armor by like 0.04%

They're out there but super rare. In my 20+ hours of this new run Ive found maybe three items of clothing total that were worth wearing for more than a couple hours.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I started a new play through, is it better to hit up the Phantom Liberty content as soon as it becomes available? Or wait a little bit and complete more of the main story first? Or does it matter at all?

Im not sure what kind of effect it has if you finish Dogtown earlier versus later in relation to the main story.

Last edited:

Arsic

I started a new play through, is it better to hit up the Phantom Liberty content as soon as it becomes available? Or wait a little bit and complete more of the main story first? Or does it matter at all?

Im not sure what kind of effect it has if you finish Dogtown earlier versus later in relation to the main story.

I ran to it asap by doing main story until it unlocks. No regrets.

Why do random NPCs in this game look this good lol?

jh6tdc1s3trb1.jpg
nbhqm3ps3trb1.jpg

Not my screenshots, btw.

Last edited:

Luipadre

wow i thought i just did the last mission in the expansion , but apparently it wasnt lol. Definitely gonna do another playthrough with different choices later. Shit seems like can go wildly different

Hugare

Just reached the "now you can explore Dogtown" part

Phew, that first mission lasted way longer than I was expecting. Great setup for the expansion.

Dogtown is just gorgeous. Havent explored much yet, but the initial impression was just wow.

And it's basically one more district to the city, so it makes Night City as a whole even better. Going in/out seamlessly is awesome.

Replaying the whole game and going into the expansion organically feels awesome

What a game

GymWolf

Just respecced into monowire+hacking.

All builds are broken so it's not like i'm going the easy way with this one, but this one is a lot of fun between causing cyberpsychosis or driving bomb cars into group of enemies and all the hacking fuckery.

It is also very squishy in the open so i can die more easily to add some spice.

The iconic fire shotgun you get from one of the gigs in dogtown is stupidly op (but you burn while using it)

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Finished up this morning, 22 hours for most of the side content and all endings.

Really great stuff, just as good as the best parts of the main game, if not better. Expected no less from CDPR. The ending I got naturally was probably my favourite so far, pretty fucking bleak, yet hopeful. You'll know the one. Had a great time, really feels like a complete new third act for the main game. For all its faults and warts - and there are numerous - Cyberpunk's still one of the most interesting AAA games of the last decade or so.

In true Cyberpunk fashion I've had a great visual bug for 80% of the DLC where a cigarette's been floating by, or clipping through, my hand. Not as bad as the 3/4 times I've had to reload to progress, or sit around doing literally nothing waiting for phone calls. As expected, needs a few patches.

7NwUYVK.jpg

Must say that having access to DLSS3.5 and all the fancy new RTX bells and whistles has been lovely. Squeezed 4k60 with everything maxed on a 4070ti with only a few dips to the 50s in the busier outdoor areas. Looks real crunchy at times.

bIVuWzL.jpg

Made me laugh that Phantom Liberty is now 6/6 of my rarest Steam achievements. It's been out a week, what have you losers been doing? Going outside?

rjeQTEB.png

Anyway, yeah, if you enjoyed the base game then this is an absolute no-brainer. Well worth the launch price tag. One of the better games I've played this year and it's not really a game, but 2.0 with this really did feel like a breath of fresh air.

GymWolf

Finished up this morning, 22 hours for most of the side content and all endings.

Really great stuff, just as good as the best parts of the main game, if not better. Expected no less from CDPR. The ending I got naturally was probably my favourite so far, pretty fucking bleak, yet hopeful. You'll know the one. Had a great time, really feels like a complete new third act for the main game. For all its faults and warts - and there are numerous - Cyberpunk's still one of the most interesting AAA games of the last decade or so.

In true Cyberpunk fashion I've had a great visual bug for 80% of the DLC where a cigarette's been floating by, or clipping through, my hand. Not as bad as the 3/4 times I've had to reload to progress, or sit around doing literally nothing waiting for phone calls. As expected, needs a few patches.

7NwUYVK.jpg

Must say that having access to DLSS3.5 and all the fancy new RTX bells and whistles has been lovely. Squeezed 4k60 with everything maxed on a 4070ti with only a few dips to the 50s in the busier outdoor areas. Looks real crunchy at times.

bIVuWzL.jpg

Made me laugh that Phantom Liberty is now 6/6 of my rarest Steam achievements. It's been out a week, what have you losers been doing? Going outside?

rjeQTEB.png

Anyway, yeah, if you enjoyed the base game then this is an absolute no-brainer. Well worth the launch price tag. One of the better games I've played this year and it's not really a game, but 2.0 with this really did feel like a breath of fresh air.
I have the same cigarette bug, pretty funny, not gonna lie :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Pakoe

Any good mods worth downloading for 2.0? And do mods disable steam achievements?
Afaik they don't.
There are a couple of mods which are my fav.

Some mods rely on these, so these are a must have:
Cyber Engine Tweaks:

Native Settings UI:

redscript:

RED4ext:

cybercmd:

My favs:
Simple Flashlight:

Weapon Damage Multipliers:

Unlock Me Mods:

Silent Silencers and Throwing Knifes:

Reset Attributes Always:

Max Ammo Count:

Fast Travel From Anywhere:

Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Do all vendors in dogtown have consumables with permanent effects like in the first market you visit?

And do vendors in the vanilla map sell this stuff aswell? i just discovered this...

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Do all vendors in dogtown have consumables with permanent effects like in the first market you visit?

And do vendors in the vanilla map sell this stuff aswell? i just discovered this...

Yep! I think only the gun vendors are not selling these. And on the 'main map', there are also vendors like this. One unlocks after you complete a gig, for example. And also in new areas like the space port. You can visit space port at any point, there's a med vendor there.

GymWolf

C'mon, it's just one frame but yeah it's called bad bitch face (and I mean it in a good way). I'm speaking from experience.

Man, I love this song. It's so good:

I like these:

When those come out on the radio i just park the bike close to a group of already dead motherfuckers to kill em even more.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Finished Phantom Liberty last night. Absolutely incredible expansion and storytelling. My only issue is the newly added ending fell flat for me. (No Spoilers Ahead) I loved the idea of it, but there were some elements of it that felt way too forced, with characters either doing stupid things or acting out of character. I'll add my actual thoughts on it later and mark them spoilers. Just can't do it right now. But other than that I had such a great time with PL!

I'm truly sad that this means CP77 is done. I wish 2.0 was the version that released back in 2020, and we could've had two expansions like they originally planned to.

Last edited:

ungalo

My only issue is the newly added ending fell flat for me
I loved it. Tried 2 of the endings for the expansion and this new ending for the base game, they were phenomenal in my opinion.

I'm going to try
Reed path
now.

I was not completely convinced by the characters in the expansion but it really clicked at the end.

Always loved the game, replayed it 3 times, it's a narrative masterpiece in my opinion. The best we've seen in this media.

Madflavor

I loved it. Tried 2 of the endings for the expansion and this new ending for the base game, they were phenomenal in my opinion.

I'm going to try
Reed path
now.

I was not completely convinced by the characters in the expansion but it really clicked at the end.

Always loved the game, replayed it 3 times, it's a narrative masterpiece in my opinion. The best we've seen in this media.

I like the idea of the ending, but the consequences for it fell flat for me.

It really comes off like a "wanting to have your cake and eat it too" type of situation. CDPR wanted an ending where V is cured, but also wanted another depressing ending to add to the pile, and they made sure it happened. Even if characters either had to make dumb decisions or act out of character to make it happen. It makes zero sense that V didn't contact ANYBODY before he went into surgery. Panam and the Aldecados writing me off after all we've been through, is so out of character for them. Her boyfriend of a few months (game confirms it was a few months) goes on a big gig, disappears, and she's like "He's not texting me back. Fuck him."

Bro what?

Really think about what V did for the Aldecados. This is a guy who was living on borrowed time, and still went out of his way to help these people in more ways than one. The game also hammers home multiple times throughout the story that to Nomads, family is everything. By the end of the game not only are you and Panam lovers (if you go that route), but you're considered family to her clan. The fact that they not only never made an attempt to find you, but just totally wrote you off when you return, is wildly out of character for them, and actually pissed me off. Hell in the Johnny ending, Panam says in the credits she's going to dedicate herself to finding Johnny and ending him for V's sake. But in the new ending, V disappears and she wants nothing to do with him after? Come on.

If CDPR really wanted to go for depression, then just have it so that Panam and some of the Aldecados were wiped out. At least that makes sense from a lore perspective. We know they were on their last legs, and their hit on Arasaka earned them huge respect and netted them valuable tech that they looted. So just have it so that the Aldecados fell apart shortly after you went into surgery, and Panam either died or had to go into hiding. But don't make it so that they're all "fuck you" to V.

It's a shame because the base game endings are all very well written. The new PL ending is the odd man out, and it's really all because CDPR just don't want to give us a full blown happy ending. It's the only ending where the writer(s) show their hand and you can see the man behind the curtain. When characters do stupid shit or act out of character to make something in the story happen, the immersion is broken and you're pulled out of the story.

Last edited:

ungalo

I like the idea of the ending, but the consequences for it fell flat for me.

It really comes off like a "wanting to have your cake and eat it too" type of situation. CDPR wanted an ending where V is cured, but also wanted another depressing ending to add to the pile, and they made sure it happened. Even if characters either had to make dumb decisions or act out of character to make it happen. It makes zero sense that V didn't contact ANYBODY before he went into surgery. Panam and the Aldecados writing me off after all we've been through, is so out of character for them. Her boyfriend of a few months (game confirms it was a few months) goes on a big gig, disappears, and she's like "He's not texting me back. Fuck him."

Bro what?

Really think about what V did for the Aldecados. This is a guy who was living on borrowed time, and still went out of his way to help these people in more ways than one. The game also hammers home multiple times throughout the story that to Nomads, family is everything. By the end of the game not only are you and Panam lovers (if you go that route), but you're considered family to her clan. The fact that they not only never made an attempt to find you, but just totally wrote you off when you return, is wildly out of character for them, and actually pissed me off. Hell in the Johnny ending, Panam says in the credits she's going to dedicate herself to finding Johnny and ending him for V's sake. But in the new ending, V disappears and she wants nothing to do with him after? Come on.

If CDPR really wanted to go for depression, then just have it so that Panam and some of the Aldecados were wiped out. At least that makes sense from a lore perspective. We know they were on their last legs, and their hit on Arasaka earned them huge respect and netted them valuable tech that they looted. So just have it so that the Aldecados fell apart shortly after you went into surgery, and Panam either died or had to go into hiding. But don't make it so that they're all "fuck you" to V.

It's a shame because the base game endings are all very well written. The new PL ending is the odd man out, and it's really all because CDPR just don't want to give us a full blown happy ending. It's the only ending where the writer(s) show their hand and you can see the man behind the curtain. When characters do stupid shit or act out of character to make something in the story happen, the immersion is broken and you're pulled out of the story.
I think it's not just this ending that make things convenient for the sake of what the devs want to talk about (you could say that for the whole DLC, just the premice of the DLC is pretty questionable i think). But it didn't particularly feet like they were trying too hard in my opinion.

You can actually contact Panam before entering the Navi. I could text her and Viktor. But V didn't know he was going to end up in a coma for 2 years. So those 2 elements combined make things pretty believable i think.

Plus what i understand from what Mitch says when the credits roll is that if V contacts Panam, she will definitely try to reach him, to find him. I think the Nomads hid the call from V, it's not that Panam don't care anymore, on the contrary, it's that she has responsabilities in the clan and they don't want her to throw all of that away to find V after 2 years (i also don't think you're officially in the family because that happens during the Nomad ending of the base game but granted you're close to them).

It's still pretty shady coming from a stand up guy like Mitch, but not completely improbable. The game is about bumping into people's life, people that have their own problems to solve and are often ambivalent much of the time, just like the characters in Phantom Liberty (but to a lesser extent of course), you can never know who they really are, and this is why the game is so introspective with your internal conversations with Johnny.

And i think, if we put that aside, the ending is fantastic, i don't think it's just depressing, not in the way the Arasaka ending is depressing for example. It's also very unsettling, disturbing, everything about it. Because objectively V won his bet, it's not like in the Arasaka ending where he's willing to abandon everything even who he is, just to barely "survive". V won here, except for his implants he's the same person he was (and it's not like he's really ghosted by his friend either strictly speaking). And yet there is the irrepressible fear of change, of loneliness, to be thrown out into the world all on your own, and without Johnny, that the game communicates so well. The city is different like we're in a weird nightmare, Yorinobu unexpectedly killed Arasaka from the inside and ironically the corpos are even more powerful and V is paranoid when he sees 2 punks in the street while he was killing dozens of soldiers with a katana 2 years before. To me the game conveys more the psychological state of V, more than the objective reality. Because i don't see why he'd be condemned to never see Panam again actually, or Judy, or River, if he really wants to.

And there is the ending of the ending that's also very hopeful. So yeah the devs lined up things in a way so they could make that ending, but it's also up to your imagination to lean more on the depressive side or not.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Plus what i understand from what Mitch says when the credits roll is that if V contacts Panam, she will definitely try to reach him, to find him. I think the Nomads hid the call from V, it's not that Panam don't care anymore, on the contrary, it's that she has responsabilities in the clan and they don't want her to throw all of that away to find V after 2 years (i also don't think you're officially in the family because that happens during the Nomad ending of the base game but granted you're close to them).

It's still pretty shady coming from a stand up guy like Mitch, but not completely improbable. The game is about bumping into people's life, people that have their own problems to solve and are often ambivalent much of the time, just like the characters in Phantom Liberty (but to a lesser extent of course), you can never know who they really are, and this is why the game is so introspective with your internal conversations with Johnny.

That's not really the read I got off of the ending with Mitch's ending, but for the sake of conversation let's say it was. I'd argue that's actually far worse than Panam refuses to talk to you. Keeping V away from Panam is not a decision he should make for her. Like, at all. It goes beyond inappropriate. In fact knowing Panam, and knowing her temperament and the loyalty she shows to her friends and loved ones, if she ever found out that V was alive, cured, and looked for her, and Mitch stopped that from happening, I'm fairly certain she would actually fucking kill him.

Anyways I was loving the ending until V started making phone calls. That was when shit started feeling forced. Too bad because they had me hook line and sinker until that point.

mortal

Gold Member
I’ve been mostly playing with a custom playlist during gigs & free roaming, but this is probably one of my favorites tracks that randomly pops up on some radio in the open world. I really love the use of diegetic sound in this game.

Top Bottom