• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 spotted in PS5 database with alternate art

Umbasaborne

Banned
Performance was fine, but I was playing it on PS5. There's plenty of customisation. I don't know why you think they cencored nudity, it's literally the first thing you see when you hit new game. The side quests are well written, at least the yellow ones. Even the blue side quests have plenty of context and individual design.

Are you sure you actually played it?
As for nudity: pre day one patch you could be completely nude, post day one patch you have to wear underwear outside of the inventory screen. Not a game breaking issue mind you, but it does not change the fact that the city feels incredibly shallow, lifeless, and non reactive. A stark contrast to how impressive it initially is. Also your life path does not seem to matter at all in the plot

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
As for nudity: pre day one patch you could be completely nude, post day one patch you have to wear underwear outside of the inventory screen. Not a game breaking issue mind you, but it does not change the fact that the city feels incredibly shallow, lifeless, and non reactive. A stark contrast to how impressive it initially is. Also your life path does not seem to matter at all in the plot
I wouldn't waste your time. He'll probably reply back saying you are simply wrong and/or brush any valid criticisms off.

MadAnon

The sheer density of the city is unlike anything we have seen on last gen, that's as simple as that.
Lots of billboards and neon lights doesn't count as "density never seen before". It gives this false sense of rich detail. It's in no way any more amazing than cities in Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed Unity. Actually, texture wise Night City is really flat.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
No it doesn't, you are just assuming these things.

What about the game or its development history proves that the game cant run reasonably well on last gen?
Again, the fact that they spent years developing on PC without much consideration for console spec. It's very obvious that approach left them with something that is really not well suited to the hardware.

If your only metric is "Can it run something at an acceptable frame rate" then I agree it's possible, if the question is "Can it run as well and look as good as games that were actually made with that hardware in mind" then the answer is obviously not.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Again, the fact that they spent years developing on PC without much consideration for console spec. It's very obvious that approach left them with something that is really not well suited to the hardware.

If your only metric is "Can it run something at an acceptable frame rate" then I agree it's possible, if the question is "Can it run as well and look as good as games that were actually made with that hardware in mind" then the answer is obviously not.

Man we clearly disagree on some things why keep quoting me.

There is no debate here, we disagree.

let it go GIF

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
I didn't know about that nudity patch. That is pretty weird. Maybe they were embarrassed about all the cock screenshots.

People keep talking about the reactivity of the city. Yeah the police don't chase you properly like in GTA, but it's not a GTA game. It's future Witcher. It's like people saying The Witcher 3 is bad because the authorities don't chase you like they do in Red Dead. It's just flavour. The narrative is the focus of the game.

I wonder what on earth they have planned for de Series and PS5 consoles...... This is taking WAY too long. Only Raytracing and possible 60fps wont suffice.

I want tot see some visual magic before I even wil start contemplating about giving this pile of shit a second change.

Kupfer

As for nudity: pre day one patch you could be completely nude, post day one patch you have to wear underwear outside of the inventory screen.
That's not entirely true. I don't know why, but after a cutscene I was suddenly naked.
These screenshots were taken on PS5 on 31.12.2020, whatever patch there was at the time.
pESh1mn.jpg
M6akXrZ.jpg

Last edited:

Raven117

Ill give it a go once it releases on ps5...

After I play the slew of awesome stuff coming out this month and next...which should take me into basically summer.

Justin9mm

I still trust them as much as I trust any other corporation. What are you trying to say exactly? Are you implying game companies should be always trusted based on their previous work or they should not be trusted because they fucked up once or twice? I mean if you played the game you should know that you should never ever trust a corporation whether it was CDPR pre-cyberpunk release, FROM software, and so on and so forth.
I shouldn't need to explain in detail about how and why this is probably one of the most disastrous launches in gaming history. You obviously don't even know or truly understand everything that's gone on. You are on a gaming forum, you are discussing with people that understand and know more about the industry then just playing games. You've got no idea mate. I'm not going to bother educating you.

I shouldn't need to explain in detail about how and why this is probably one of the most disastrous launches in gaming history. You obviously don't even know or truly understand everything that's gone on. You are on a gaming forum, you are discussing with people that understand and know more about the industry then just playing games. You've got no idea mate. I'm not going to bother educating you.

"you KnoW nOthIng K". lmao what the fuck are you talking about and what does that have to do with anything I said. These kind of replies are childish as fuck, instead of actually giving a proper argument to me saying you should never trust any company which you clearly did not read, you reply with dumb shit. Are you like 5?

Vaelka

That cover is poetic, as in CDPR showing you their back.
I miss the day of cover *ART*.
I feel like cover art nowadays is so uninspired and dull.

Either a frowny face looking at you or someone with their back turned or walking towards you with a gun.

Tschumi

Them being so slow is pissing me off 😡😡😡
It's good your avatar is Q in the role of an inquisition judge, you're always rash and intolerant lol...

... Witcher 3 was a pretty rocky release, too.. i believe in cdpr, for sure. I think the expansions they will invest in for cp2077 will elevate it.. might take a couple more years, but i can wait.

I certainly think they can improve on cp2077 a LOT, but i loved the original version - wrote a thread about it - and any improvements will be sweet, sweet gravy to me.

They can take their time, they paid a huge price for rushing cp2077 and probably kicked out the responsible parties... Yup, this game's still a sure bet to me

Last edited:
It's good your avatar is Q in the role of an inquisition judge, you're always rash and intolerant lol...

... Witcher 3 was a pretty rocky release, too.. i believe in cdpr, for sure. I think the expansions they will invest in for cp2077 will elevate it.. might take a couple more years, but i can wait.

I certainly think they can improve on cp2077 a LOT, but i loved the original version - wrote a thread about it - and any improvements will be sweet, sweet gravy to me.

They can take their time, they paid a huge price for rushing cp2077 and probably kicked out the responsible parties... Yup, this game's still a sure bet to me
Easy for you to say if you played it on PC, but it's more than understandable for people waiting on the next gen version to be fed up with how long its taking them. They promised this update ages ago and they've instilled 0 confidence that it will come out and actually be good. Also, we shouldn't be concerned with the "high price they've paid" for butchering their trust with fans. They flat out sold a pack of lies. Have the patches they have been able to do instilled any trust? Yes and no. On one hand yeah, they've fixed a lot of bugs but on the other hand the game doesn't feel drastically improved in any way.

Sosokrates

You must not of watched all of star trek TNG, Q is actually trying to help picard/humanity.

You may not like or disagree with my anoyance about Cyberpunk, but I have every right to be, the way it was handled is a shit show.

Sosokrates

*Smirk* i think you have him confused with Wesley's blue buddy

No, Q helped Picard and humanity a few times.
He warned them the of borg, and how venturing far into dangerous space can be and He showed Picard that his mistakes shaped the man that he became to be.

Last edited:

Tschumi

No, Q helped Picard and humanity a few times.
He warned them the of borg, and how venturing far into dangerous space can be and He showed Picard that his mistakes shaped the man that he became to be.
He also did it all accidentally in pursuit of his own selfish ends, he showed them the borg to show off and scare them, and you can let me know how him being the Sheriff of Nottingham had anything to do with aiding... them...

..... I'm not mad anymore I'm just glad we both like TNG

Sosokrates

He also did it all accidentally in pursuit of his own selfish ends, he showed them the borg to show off and scare them, and you can let me know how him being the Sheriff of Nottingham had anything to do with aiding... them...

..... I'm not mad anymore I'm just glad we both like TNG

Yeah, whatever dude.

Spaceman292

Banned
Right. You're one of those enlightenned individuals who don't actually play video games, just obsess and complain about trivial industry gossip non stop. You're so much smarter than us.

Justin9mm

"you KnoW nOthIng K". lmao what the fuck are you talking about and what does that have to do with anything I said. These kind of replies are childish as fuck, instead of actually giving a proper argument to me saying you should never trust any company which you clearly did not read, you reply with dumb shit. Are you like 5?
You don't even understand anything about CDPR, that was clear from your previous reply. So I'm not going to enter into an 'argument' as you stated. Why waste my time.

Justin9mm

Right. You're one of those enlightenned individuals who don't actually play video games, just obsess and complain about trivial industry gossip non stop. You're so much smarter than us.
Why upset, because you think I don't know anything or you know more than me? I'm just calling it as it is. It was apparent from his reply he doesn't know what's really been going on. And because I call him out on it, I'm so much smarter lol. How old are you kids?

You don't even understand anything about CDPR, that was clear from your previous reply. So I'm not going to enter into an 'argument' as you stated. Why waste my time.
You still did not read before replying. You only read the first words didnt you. Let me say it again. I dont trust any company, never will. If you do, youre a tool. Have a good one. Also every time somone gives you a fair argument your reply is "u dont bother". What a fucking child.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Easy for you to say if you played it on PC, but it's more than understandable for people waiting on the next gen version to be fed up with how long its taking them. They promised this update ages ago and they've instilled 0 confidence that it will come out and actually be good. Also, we shouldn't be concerned with the "high price they've paid" for butchering their trust with fans. They flat out sold a pack of lies. Have the patches they have been able to do instilled any trust? Yes and no. On one hand yeah, they've fixed a lot of bugs but on the other hand the game doesn't feel drastically improved in any way.
Sorry i didn't see this!

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.. i played it on PC, but first i played it on ps4 pro.. not the worst, but plenty unstable. I don't think they promised any one patch to fix Everything, they've always said it's a process, anyway I'm certainly expecting something big this year, with the extra time they're taking.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Are they developing anything new or just working on this and the Witcher 3 next gen version?

TheMan

It's funny to think about how Immense the hype was for this damn game and how it all kind of crashed down around them. I still have a sliver of hope they'll manage to add some more interesting content, but yeah it's been over a year now (can you believe that) and they're really just getting the game to the state it should have released in.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They said Q1 2022 for the CP2077 patch right ?

Hello CDPR we're waiting ! Still got my copy in the shrink wrap, waiting to be opened.

Filben

Just few days ago I reinstalled it again just to visit Night City for a while:

Patches and updates are nice and all, but I really want new expansion and quests, most of all.

And there's still no V being reflected on surfaces despite ray-tracing :( (I checked just now for myself) They talked about first person only with all these immersion arguments and yet there are so many immersive-breaking things in this game, like V's hair not casting shadows, or, as mentioned, not being reflected in the world except for very specific spots like mirrors you interact with. For a game like this it's really something, especially when games from smaller studios manage to do that.

Kupfer

And there's still no V being reflected on surfaces despite ray-tracing :( (I checked just now for myself) They talked about first person only with all these immersion arguments and yet there are so many immersive-breaking things in this game, like V's hair not casting shadows, or, as mentioned, not being reflected in the world except for very specific spots like mirrors you interact with. For a game like this it's really something, especially when games from smaller studios manage to do that.
I have adopted a new mindset regarding cyberpunk that I am better off with:
The full price early access version from 2020 was okay and a nice sneak peek with which I was able to have some fun. Now we have to patiently wait for the final release.

Last edited:

Denton

There will never be reflective V, simply because the way they did first person animations looks weird in third person. Time to accept it.

Filben

There will never be reflective V
And it sucks. If animations are their excuse, they should ever made better ones (and if first person is the argument against animations then why bother with a character editor at all... there are so many things that doesn't make sense). I could have lived with "bad" animations on a few reflection surfaces than without any reflections of V.

Anyways, just my opinion. So much wasted potential with this game.

Top Bottom