• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Delayed to December 10

Saiyan-Rox

I agree the delay is disappointing, but some online reactions to this are unreasonable and downright fucking embarrassing.
Why are some of these people so miserable? Jesus Christ, it's really not that serious lol.

Imagine crunching 6 out of 7 days a week, just learning about this delay yourself, only to have people wish death upon you...

JyuJ2wl.jpg
tV9YiI4.jpg

lqrZoA0.jpg

Don't look this Nathen guy up on twitter

I did and regret it....such a trash human being.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is this Nathan Hoard character someone of diminished mental capabilities? Or is this the result of extreme self entitlement?
He is just mad at life because his parents called him nathen instead of the more chad version of that name, nathan.

Nathen sound like the name of an ointments for hemorrhoids.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
A game which sells 10, 15 or 20 million copies is going to have a section of its player base fall into certain social categories, i.e. one of which is "fucking nutjob lunatic weirdo".

Social media gives them a platform, the end. It doesn't mean there's a narrative of "gamers send death threats" or some overarching issue here. Ban, block, ignore. That's all they need to do.

regawdless

Banned
Wow, some of these aggressive comments on Twitter are just disgusting.
Devs working their asses of for years, trying to realize a pretty crazy project. Huge game with a lot of content on fucking 9 platforms.

The people who get mad at them have no idea what that means.

Enjay

Banned
Has any developer ever actually been murdered? I feel like I've been reading about death threats to video game carnies/developers for decades now but not one actual death.

Somnium said:
Imagine crunching 6 out of 7 days a week, just learning about this delay yourself, only to have people wish death upon you...
cdprojektred sounds more like a better place to work every day.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Has any developer ever actually been murdered? I feel like I've been reading about death threats to video game carnies/developers for decades now but not one actual death.

Social media made the barrier to entry for budding death threat senders non-existent. Previously you'd have to put some effort into it, maybe cut up a magazine for letters and use actual snail mail. The fact that journos, SJWs, and celebs continue to always talk about them ensures that the trolls know their buttons have been pushed and it begets more anon death threats, which, yes, as far as I know have never been acted upon. But that shouldn't prevent you from treating like a serious credible threat each and every time.

MrS

Banned
The people making these threats usually have fuckin anime avatars - they ain't killin shit, fam. Only a fool would take them seriously.

Top Bottom