• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners: A Cyberpunk 2077 Anime Announced

Bullet Club

Cyberpunk Edgerunners, a Cyberpunk 2077 Anime Announced

Coming in 2022.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners, an anime set in the universe of Cyberpunk 2077, has been announced for release on Netflix in 2022.

Announced during today's Night City Wire broadcast, Edgerunners will be set in the game's Night City, but will focus on different characters, and with a different story.

According to a press release, Edgerunners "tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk."

21qILbO.jpg

Source: IGN

Mista

Banned
Ummm hello? Do you lot know that the anime is composed by the legend Akira Yamaoka?! That alone sold me!

Karmic Raze

This could be pretty good unlike most of Netflix’s anime ventures. I hope they start doing more anime like this and less of that CGI garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet Club

Here's the trailer:

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

CD PROJEKT RED, the company behind the Cyberpunk 2077 video game, is producing the series with Rafał Jaki (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher: Ronin) as Showrunner and Executive Producer, with Satoru Homma, Bartosz Sztybor and Saya Elder serving as producers. The team at CD PROJEKT RED has been working on this new series since 2018. Acclaimed Japan-based animation company, Studio Trigger, will serve as the animation studio on the series and bring the world of Cyberpunk to life with their signature, vibrant style. Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Promare) will direct the series along with creative director Hiromi Wakabayashi (Kill la Kill), character designer and animation director Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, BNA: Brand New Animal), and the adapted screenplay by Yoshiki Usa (GRIDMAN UNIVERSE series, Promare) and Masahiko Otsuka (Star Wars: Visions ‘The Elder’). The original score will be composed by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series).

Josemayuste

I mean... castlevania and arcane are fantastic
Arcane ended up being one of my favorite available shows on the platform (Stranger Things aside) yeah.. and I haven't even played League of Legends nor know s**t about its lore or characters.

Last edited:

N30RYU

they should totally make fun of the game and have police officers spawn everywhere... or be ppl stuck in the T pose.

Top Bottom