• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad Invites Young Daughter’s Alleged Rapist to Dinner; Tortures Him to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash27

Um... what you used as an example actually has verified evidence. The story in the OP has none of that.

Do you agree ?

I think most people are giving the qualifier: If he actually raped her. But I havent read through everything. So yeah that's my qualifier.

Yeah, I wouldn't be thinking about actually murdering anyone if any of my family members told me someone raped them. Who knows, maybe they want to set me up for some weird reason, especially without a investigation or witnesses that I can trust. One mind can be twisted enough to want to set someone up, but it would be a rare thing to get 3 trusted people in agreement to set you up.

So if your mom was raped you would think she was setting you up by telling you who it was and to go after them?

Ploid 3.0

So if your mom was raped you would think she was setting you up by telling you who it was and to go after them?

Not to the point of actually killing the person, and I've been in the situation before where someone I knew was raped and I was ready with a knife, but I would be in jail and what good what that do? I'd lose my own life by taking another. And what if I didn't survive as I was a kid and could have easily gotten overpowered. The best thing to do is leave it to the professionals, even if you lose the case. Call the police asap.

Chariot

Btw. let's not forget his other three daughters, two sons and wife he leaves behind too. His family isn't going to have an easy time now I presume.

Where was the hypothetical in that post? I have a younger brother, I would possibly seek revenge if I saw what happened and had visual evidence but we're not all lunatics.
I was referring to their hypothetical about his daughter possibly blaming herself for her father being in jail. You can think of a million possibilities about what happened. That's why I don't listen to possibilities.

The fact is a man acted in emotion for his daughter, who he loved, and killed another man. What he did was not right, in fact pretty wrong. Murder is bad. But it is 100% understandable to do something crazy when put in that situation. Obviously I'd act in different manner. I don't know if you guys know this, but me and the murderer are two different people, and have two different minds. We would go about things in a different way. All I'm saying is I understand why he would do what he did, and with that I'm done with this discussion as I have nothing more to add.

What is wrong with half of male GAF? "She'll recover from it..."? Fuck you and your kind. It is this exact line of reasoning that rape is under reported, under prosecuted and the victims are scared for life all over the world.
It's in relation to the fact that murder is worse than rape: it's possible for a victim of rape to recover from the trauma, while there's no way to recover from death.

I more disgusted that so many here are assuming out the gate the girl is lying. That the guy could have been innocent. SHE COULD ACTUALLY BE A VICTIM, and you all jumping to alleged rapist defense cause his balls got seared. Boo hoo.
And he's dead.

Also i redirect you to this post
People bring up the idea of a false accusation because with any criminal case, we want to determine what happened. People are just imagining some of the possible scenarios. Without any details from an investigation or evidence, we're left with nothing to really talk about but what-if scenarios.

The entire point of an investigation is to find out if the allegations are true and determine what happened. The very act of investigating is questioning the allegations. Are you saying that any type of looking into a rape accusation is supporting rape culture and instead no questions should be asked? In your mind should rape allegations even be investigated? Or should they just result in automatic jail time with no trial because god-forbid we support rape culture by playing with the idea that the accused may be innocent?

Unless we get some kind of scientific study that shows that it is 100% impossible for someone to lie about rape, an accusation should be given due process. I'm not even just talking about someone lying about being raped. What if they were raped while drugged/drunk and accuse the wrong person? What if they were raped by someone close to them and accuse another to protect the first party? I'm no detective, but I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why that type of job exists.

Kaleinc

Banned
Sorry, I didn't realize you felt strictly bound by the vocabulary in thread titles and couldn't read the material in the OP and consider it for yourself.
Sorry, the title and the OP converge, Alleged Rapist, Tortures Him to Death. Unless your'e an investigator on the case and have more information than the rest of us your argument stands groundless.

Since you didn't answer my question about children/siblings, I'm going to assume you don't have any, meaning you don't understand where he's coming from. And that's ok, I understand why you don't understand.

I'd like to know how many people here commenting have children of their own. I feel without experiencing fatherhood someone would never understand this mans actions. The love for your own child is like nothing you have ever experienced before. I have 3 children and if any were hurt and Justice wasn't forthcoming it makes me shudder thinking what I may do. I don't know many Fathers that wouldn't consider crossing a line.

KHarvey16

I'm having trouble comprehending the number of posts ensuring us most fathers are selfish pieces of garbage willing to abandon their family to achieve the useless and temporary satisfaction of revenge.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I'd like to know how many people here commenting have children of their own. I feel without experiencing fatherhood someone would never understand this mans actions. The love for your own child is like nothing you have ever experienced before. I have 3 children and if any were hurt and Justice wasn't forthcoming it makes me shudder thinking what I may do. I don't know many Fathers that wouldn't consider crossing a line.

That's pretty disturbing.

I understand the desire to protect one's own, but you can't have a society wherein people enact retributive justice for crime. That is what the justice system is there to provide.

Hopefully the father sees a long time in jail because what he did was horrible and wrong.

Obviously there are some unfortunate extenuating circumstances - it would appear that the society he lives in (India, I presume) has severe issues with rape and women in general. This makes the proper course of action difficult. But, instead he has left his family - including the poor rape victim - without a father for some time.

Flo_Evans

I'm having trouble comprehending the number of posts ensuring us most fathers are selfish pieces of garbage willing to abandon their family to achieve the useless and temporary satisfaction of revenge.

I'm basically a hired assassin for my children.

Just point em out, no need to involve police. They are probably corrupt anyway.

I'm sure my children, who I have raised in a highly patriarchal and conservative manner would ever lie to me about sex, or anything serious.

Chariot

Once you have kids you will understand.
Understand that your own satisfaction is more important than the well being of your kids, your life partner and everyone else around you?
Was he the sole provider of the household? That's rough.
I sadly don't know. But I imagine it being rough to finance all these children with only one person and the stigma of murderer husband that made it into international news.

That's right: once you go to jail, you're not allowed to correspond or visit anymore. It's like the Phantom Zone or something.

Chariot

That's right: once you go to jail, you're not allowed to correspond or visit anymore. It's like the Phantom Zone or something.
Being in jail is just like being in the next room. The father can't support his family financially anymore, he can't just make a trip with the family, he can't make a daily meal with them, there is a lot that can't be done if one is in jail. And you can't just visit anytime and not for infinite time.

It's not like they can see your children when they need you, just once a week.
Also while in jail you may not be able to work in order to maintain you family.
Lastly, your children will live with the fact that their father is a convicted murderer.

Once you have kids you will understand.

"As a mother..."

412.gif

shhhhhhhhh

It seems many people in this thread have seem to forgotten something called the legal system. It's a great little thing, you can punish and lock away pad people who did horrible things to loved ones without commit heinous acts yourself and being put into said system, leaving your family to go on without you!

And it does this smart thing where those effected by the alleged aren't allowed to be judge, jury and executioner.

But I guess people like living in a fantasy land where having a bad thing happen to a loved one exonerates them from any personal responsibility of the law and commuting torture and murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom