• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories appear on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more excited to hear about touring information, I want to see them again so bad. Seeing them at coachella was a milestone in my life.

LevelNth

Banned
HAA is one of the most underrated eletronic albums ever made. Still no clue how people can claim it repetitive yet simultaneously praise songs like Rock'n Roll from Homework.

Now that is sub par DP.

jtb

Banned
HAA is one of the most underrated eletronic albums ever made. Still no clue how people can claim it repetitive yet simultaneously praise songs like Rock'n Roll from Homework.

Now that is sub par DP.

Nah. There's nothing wrong with individual songs being repetitive, but the when all the songs on the album sound like one another, then there's a problem. There's variety on Homework. There's no variety on Human After All. HAA sucks. Sorry.

LevelNth

Banned
Nah. There's nothing wrong with individual songs being repetitive, but the when all the songs on the album sound like one another, then there's a problem. There's variety on Homework. There's no variety on Human After All. HAA sucks. Sorry.
The best music critique ever folks. All songs sound the same.

Seriously if you think they all sound the same, I'm concerned for the longevity of your ability to hear sound.

jtb

Banned
The best music critique ever folks. All songs sound the same.

Seriously if you think they all sound the same, I'm concerned for the longevity of your ability to hear sound.

There's less variety on HAA than Homework and especially Discovery. That has nothing to do with my ability to perceive sound and everything to do with DP rushing the album with a lot of songs that all have the same structure. Maybe that's the point; doesn't really change the fact that it's repetitive.

Zane

2U3yqaS.png

Leak imminent?

Finished listening to Homework for the first time, like, ever. I never liked it as much as most Daft Punk fans, but it grew on me. The problem is that it's 33 percent great songs, 33 percent bad songs, and 33 percent mediocre songs. There's a lot of experimentation which you would expect from a freshman album. Discovery and Human After All are far more consistent with quality and sound, which is why I prefer them. A good remix or playlist can save Homework, however. I'll post my tierlist after I get off this damn phone.

Great:
Daftendirekt
Revolution 909
Da Funk
Fresh
Around the World
Alive

Good:
Phoenix
Rollin and Scratchin
High Fidelity
Burnin

Average:
Oh Yeah
Indo Silver Club

Bad:
Teachers
Rock n' Roll

Filler:
WDPK
Funk Ad

If it didn't have the 4 worst songs it would be as good as Discovery. Heck, I think I'm gonna delete them.

I know I will be insulted for this but my favourite of their work is the Tron Legacy score. Maybe it's because I love film scores so much.
I wish they decide to do more movies.

Eidan

Finished listening to Homework for the first time, like, ever. I never liked it as much as most Daft Punk fans, but it grew on me. The problem is that it's 33 percent great songs, 33 percent bad songs, and 33 percent mediocre songs. There's a lot of experimentation which you would expect from a freshman album. Discovery and Human After All are far more consistent with quality and sound, which is why I prefer them. A good remix pr playlost can save Homework, however. I'll post my tierlist after I get off this damn phone.

Yeah. Though Homework has some great songs, the bad far outweighs the good for me. Its successor albums really outshine it.

Blader

Homework always felt like a rough draft to me.

Discovery and Alive are, imo, their only GREAT albums. But they're pretty fucking great.

Raiden

Banned
I know I will be insulted for this but my favourite of their work is the Tron Legacy score. Maybe it's because I love film scores so much.

It truly is a great OST, i'm pretty sure people tend to dislike it because it is linked to the film. If it was released as a standalone album people would be all over it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The OST is pretty fantastic, I still give it a listen every once in a while. Derezzed is amazing.

LevelNth

Banned
Finished listening to Homework for the first time, like, ever. I never liked it as much as most Daft Punk fans, but it grew on me. The problem is that it's 33 percent great songs, 33 percent bad songs, and 33 percent mediocre songs. There's a lot of experimentation which you would expect from a freshman album. Discovery and Human After All are far more consistent with quality and sound, which is why I prefer them. A good remix pr playlost can save Homework, however. I'll post my tierlist after I get off this damn phone.
EXACTLY how I feel. They found their footing with it, and absolutely nailed some tunes.

Others are just pure crap. Discovery and HAA are way, way better start to finish than HW.

Majine

Banned
do you mean photoshopped or that it's physically real but someone just made it themselves?

Probably the latter. If it was real, why wasn't the back shown with the tracklist? If "he" eventually wants to be redeemed, that is.

Zane

Probably the latter. If it was real, why wasn't the back shown with the tracklist? If "he" eventually wants to be redeemed, that is.

Hmmm true. Only reason I thought it was real was because of the logo in the upper right. The Tron vinyl had the same thing except in blue.

Majine

Banned
Hmmm true. Only reason I thought it was real was because of the logo in the upper right. The Tron vinyl had the same thing except in blue.

In my experience, small things like that is a sign of fake. Small details that have been done previously, as that is what fakers go for. It would be good marketing decision to put the DP logo on the front tho, and I hope I am wrong about all this as I want the album NOW.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
please show up at coachella please show up at coachella please show up at coachella please show up at coachella

Eidan

Homework is their best album, you're all fucking wrong.

I remember in some thread a Homework fan said that Discovery was an EDM album for people who didn't like EDM. I laughed, because all I could think was that Homework was an EDM album for people who didn't like dancing.

thabiz

I remember in some thread a Homework fan said that Discovery was an EDM album for people who didn't like EDM. I laughed, because all I could think was that Homework was an EDM album for people who didn't like dancing.

wait, what? you cant dance to homework?

Homework always felt like a rough draft to me.

Discovery and Alive are, imo, their only GREAT albums. But they're pretty fucking great.

"Homework" is raw. It's good, but it's not as perfect as "Discovery" and "Alive" are.

"Human After All" was just farting electro sounds in comparison.

"Cross" by Justice would have been a perfect DP-record, too.

I know what you mean. I thought for sure the album cover would be that glittery logo from the very first teaser commercial.

Hmm, it doesn't bug me as much as a lot of other people, but I do see the appeal with keeping up the trend. Maybe it is just a placeholder? But even if it's not, I definitely wouldn't let it dampen the excitement. I guess we'll see BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

vulva

"Homework" is raw. It's good, but it's not as perfect as "Discovery" and "Alive" are.

"Human After All" was just farting electro sounds in comparison.

"Cross" by Justice would have been a perfect DP-record, too.

Alive needed HAA though. HAA doesn't stand super well as an album on its own, but it's great for mixes.

thabiz

Well relax. Homework is...danceable enough I guess. Just depends on the dance floor. On any dance floor I attend something like this would be kryptonite, but I'm sure someone out there would love to move to it.

when that album came out, it pretty much was played in every house club in the world. so you couldnt be more wrong with your thoughts on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom