• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) will be at TGS

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Easy, an ethnic enclave for Japanese immigrants in Los Angeles.

Not a problem at all.

yes, thank god there are no negative connotations about asian immigrants staying in "ethnic enclaves" in California

I feel the localisation team has done a fantastic job with the series so far, and I have no doubt they'll do a fantastic localisation for this game (provided Capcom does greenlight such a localisation).

oh i'm not worried at all

after AA1-3 and GT, i'm on board for everything and anything

L~A

Official website was updated with two shadows.

sanstitred6p36.png

Reminder: more info next week (Sept 11) in Famitsu (?), probably with leaks beforehand.

Thanks @CourtRecords_ for the heads up ;)

L~A

Big guy doesn't really remind me of Gumshoe... and besides, he's Edgey's partner, not Phoenix's. May be the main prosecutor, though. Actually, pretty sure he is, and those 4 characters are the characters we'll find on the box. Maybe?

Frolow

Banned
Official website was updated with two shadows.

Reminder: more info next week (Sept 11) in Famitsu (?), probably with leaks beforehand.

Thanks @CourtRecords_ for the heads up ;)
Going to guess that's the main Prosecutor. No idea who the girl could be though.

L~A

well, i REALLY hope so. I think it is wonderful (especially if compared to the LaytonVSWright engine..)

I think you're getting confused between game engine / character models. No idea what kind of engine they used in PLvsAA (it did have awesome 3D, just like AA5), though. All I know is that it didn't like having too many characters on-screen at once, ha ha.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think you're getting confused between game engine / character models. No idea what kind of engine they used in PLvsAA (it did have awesome 3D, just like AA5), though. All I know is that it didn't like having too many characters on-screen at once, ha ha.

Nope, I was thinking about that, so no confusion with the character models. that were way better in AA5, still ;p

L~A

First time I ever heard the word "wonderful" used to describe how a game performs! :p

Anyway, pretty sure the little girl on the left is a retro version of Pearls. Should be interesting.

I just realized that I'm not sure if I want more PW.

I really want to play as Mia Fey. Why can't they make a game about her, like a prequel?

VegiHam

I hope the whole cast of this game isn't like ye olde Edgey, ye olde Gumshoe, ye olde Pearl.

Like, you can deviate from the playbook a bit guys.

Guess I'll see when TGS rolls around.

SoulUnison

Banned
If they localize this, I kind of want them to hilariously attempt to set it in California, again, even with all the Feudal Japanese shit happening.

Nyoro SF

I hope the whole cast of this game isn't like ye olde Edgey, ye olde Gumshoe, ye olde Pearl.

I agree. I would like a whole new cast whenever possible.

Nibel

Yup, I want to get to know new people with new personalities and new stories. AA:I2 had some people from before and you always knew that they were hiding something/being shady because you've encountered them already.

I just realized that I'm not sure if I want more PW.

I really want to play as Mia Fey. Why can't they make a game about her, like a prequel?

You could already play as Mia in T&T and those are probably two of her most interesting cases, so a Mia game wouldn't be very interesting, especially considering 90% of it would be "Hey look at this younger version of that character you know from other AA games!".

VegiHam

I agree. I would like a whole new cast whenever possible.
Yup, I want to get to know new people with new personalities and new stories. AA:I2 had some people from before and you always knew that they were hiding something/being shady because you've encountered them already.
Yep, new cast and stories please. I'm really hoping that the fresh setting means we can escape some of the AA clichés that are getting a bit stale; but 'oh look, the real killer
messed with the bloody writing and made it say something else' is unfortunately possible even in the past.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
+1 hoping for a whole new cast & fresh arc

i also realllllyyy hope this has a physical US release but i'm not expecting much there
I've only beaten the first two games, but would also be disappointed by just a Ye olde rehash of all the characters.
And I like that sort of thing too.

And if this does get localized, I'll be very interested to see how its handled.

woah you need to complete dat trilogy ASAP

I've only beaten the first two games, but would also be disappointed by just a Ye olde rehash of all the characters.

Nyoro SF

Since the third game is widely acclaimed to be the best in the series (and judging by surveys seems to still be holding that title) I would get on AA3 quick.

Tizoc

Looking forward to seeing AA5's graphic engine and animation again.
Oh and the whacko ass character designs, which I loved how it was done in AA5.

GSR

Nice, can't wait to see some gameplay, also famitsu better leak soon :)

Given they're not updating the site until September 11th, the blowout's probably in next week's issue, not this week's. So Monday/Tuesday?

This is my worry as well - I don't think they'll be able to resist throwing in a few more ancestors (five bucks on a Fey or Edgeworth in the last case), but I hope they restrain themselves.

The only thing I'd really like on that front is the judge looking exactly the same as the modern-day judge, just for fun.

If they localize this, I kind of want them to hilariously attempt to set it in California, again, even with all the Feudal Japanese shit happening.

"It is you, Wanderer Jake, who killed him and made it look like he committed that traditional cowboy honor-suicide by sharpened branding iron!"

Ceebs

I totally forgot the next game was doing the Feudal Japan setting until I clicked on this topic. I hope this comes over at some point.

Dominator

Playing through Layton vs. Wright makes me realize how bad I want more games in this series. Bring it over Capcom, please I beg.

Top Bottom