• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Here are all of the bios, courtesy of Jinjojess on tumblr. I would link but she has scans.

Character Bio 1: Hoshi Ryouma

Though he was a tennis player with a promising future, he killed mafia members by hitting them in the head with his custom-made steel tennis ball. The organization was annihilated, and he became a prisoner on death row.

Though he looks like a child, his life experience would put an adult to shame

Thanks to his grand past, Hoshi has a coolness you wouldn’t think a high schooler could possess. Even being shut up in Saishuu Academy and forced into a killing game, he seems unperturbed.

Character Bio 2: Momota Kaito

Faking his way through his astronaut exams using forged documents, he was found out, but allowed to stay on as a trainee thanks to being an interesting, amusing person of talent. He’s someone with a passionate heart, who lives for dreams and romance.

Character Bio 3: Yumeno Himiko

Insisting that her parlor tricks are magic, prior to being revised to the SHSL Magician, she was the self-proclaimed SHSL Mage. ((Oh. So you’re Monaka.)) She can do things like choose someone’s card, find a coin in their ear, or make doves appear.

She has high-level sleight of hand techniques, but while she has a “to the max” side, she also has a lazy side.

Character Bio 4: Yonaga Angie

Believing that the “god of the island” is always at her side, she’s a girl with a pious heart. She can work with drawings, sculptures, and so on, but she’s known to say that “the one who is really creating everything is god.”

Yonaga has a positive personality yet does things her own way. She also has the eccentric habit of freely using her own original Japanese, like “byeyonara” or “strange miracle”.

Here are all of the bios, courtesy of Jinjojess on tumblr. I would link but she has scans.

I am pretty sure these are the first ones with actual criminal-like activity in their bios (aside from the Supreme Leader one, I suppose). Considering this new canon involves "gifted inmates," it's surprising it took until the last characters to be introduced for this element to be actually used.

Yo, I'm so stoked for the PS4 rerelease. I only played through them once and it's been a while. Listening to the soundtrack right now ready to party with Hina and Gundham again.

Of course V3 is gonna be awesome too but I refuse to read anything about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got 3 stickers trying on mobile. I'll try again on my laptop. Wonder what the bonuses are for reaching 10%, 25%, 50%, & 100%

Lusankya

No matter where I try I just don't get anything. I just hear the sound when the capsule opens, but that's it.

Edit: Ah, ok. While I don't see any pop-ups I can still check the results in the collection screen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've made a public album of what I've received so far from the MonoMono Machine. I'll try to keep it updates as I go along.
Awesome, thanks for doing that. Maybe there's a neat background I can use for my android.

....I'm not getting it to work on the browser version as well. I get some pop-up message in Japanese that I can't translate. Maybe it states that the reward is only usable on phones?

No matter where I try I just don't get anything. I just hear the sound when the capsule opens, but that's it.

Edit: Ah, ok. While I don't see any pop-ups I can still check the results in the collection screen.
It's having technical difficulties at the moment. Probably getting hammered.

Awesome, thanks for doing that. Maybe there's a neat background I can use for my android.

....I'm not getting it to work on the browser version as well. I get some pop-up message in Japanese that I can't translate. Maybe it states that the reward is only usable on phones?
No problem, though I can't guarantee prompt updates. I'm sure someone will have gamed the site before too long and uploaded everything already.

Bladenic

I still haven't watched DR3, need to do that. Is the dub out? If the dub uses the same VAs as the games I'd prefer that but if it uses the same VAs as the dub of the anime then I'd stick with the subs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dub should be out by now. They got 10 of the 16 characters from DR2 to return for the Despair arc (you can see the list here). The rest were replacements.

Papenbrook returns as Makoto, but otherwise, I don't know who else would "return" for the Future arc.

As expected, someone is already compiling all the MonoMono Machine prizes, so instead of updating my own album, I'd recommend watching this page.

The site is still super buggy for me anyway. Nothing seems to display right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still need to finish both arcs, but I do know that there is indeed an UDG spoiler in Future Arc about halfway in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's a launch edition for the PS4 version of V3, where you got a softcover artbook & the soundtrack.

C0DunamUAAAR7WE.jpg:large

VITA VERSION DOES NOT HAVE A LAUNCH EDITION

Grexeno

But when's it coming out, huh NISA?

I need to know exactly how long I'll have to live in a dome at the bottom of the ocean in order to avoid spoilers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GS confirms the Original V3 Soundtrack contains only 10 songs. Yeah, that sounds about right for a pre-order disc (despite coming with the LE as well).....Hoping the Deluxe one with the LE will have more.

Edit: Looks like the V3 demo is up on the JPN PSN. Both PS4 & Vita.

AniHawk

Looks like there's a launch edition for the PS4 version of V3, where you got a softcover artbook & the soundtrack.

the vita limited edition has this soundtrack though.

so basically this is like what happened with grand kingdom: retail ps4 gets extra stuff, ps vita standard edition is just ps vita standard edition, limited edition for both has everything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it should be mentioned the artbook in the Limited Edition is hardcover compared to softcover.

But yeah, if you want that stuff with the Vita version, you'll have to get the Limited edition.

Spoiled just in case

Kaede seems manipulative and lies right in people's faces. Two-faced. It's even a mechanic in the game, you can choose how honest you want Kaede's reaction to certain event and comments. It's an interesting path Kodaka is taking.

Lusankya

Spoiled just in case

Kaede seems manipulative and lies right in people's faces. Two-faced. It's even a mechanic in the game, you can choose how honest you want Kaede's reaction to certain event and comments. It's an interesting path Kodaka is taking.

Any video clips with these kind of scenes?

Any video clips with these kind of scenes?
It's just her thoughts vs dialogue, no real scenes.

I should note that I was going off some dude's live translation and comments last night.
It could be possible he translated her inner thoughts much harsher than they are and she ends up not anymore "two-faced" than Hinata, who also wasn't always straight with people.

The reaction voice mechanic can be pulled up at anytime during conversation with the right stick but most streamers seem to miss it, probably because they're winging it like me. It honestly doesn't seem to affect much but I could just be missing something.

GSR

From the demo:

Kodaka pls don't MGS2 Kaede. Not sure if Hinata and Makoto being adamant that Kaede is the protagonist is supposed to reassure me or if this demo is all part of the con.

There was also one debate in the demo where someone said "so it was in Naegi, Hinata, and Akamatsu's room... so the 3 protagonists' room!"

At this point I think even if they're not gonna pull anything with Kaede in the game proper then Kodaka is at least aware of the speculation and is having fun with it.

jonjonaug

Given how deception seems to be the main theme and even a game mechanic, Hopebot is probably going to be physically incapable of lying.

Gradon

So I finished the demo using Google Translate as my basis for understanding things.
If the personalities of the characters carry over into the main game then I already know who I'm going to like and dislike.

I was heavily amused that
Hajime, Makoto and Kaede all were accused of the murder.

Also. Monofunny mentioned that the trial save data will do something in the main game, but I don't think she said what. Interesting anywho... It's completely disconnected right? So I have no idea.

And about the characters in the trial...
Kiibo and Rantaro are missing from the demo completely... I'm sure they wouldn't make anything about the first trial obvious but I pegged Rantaro as dying first in my speculation with friends.

EmiPrime

There was also one debate in the demo where someone said "so it was in Naegi, Hinata, and Akamatsu's room... so the 3 protagonists' room!"

At this point I think even if they're not gonna pull anything with Kaede in the game proper then Kodaka is at least aware of the speculation and is having fun with it.

Must be yeah. It's too on the nose to be anything else.

M5BB3Wgl.jpg

OOLPxPdl.jpg

eZaJR24l.jpg

fvvg9aOl.jpg

RUwWYi8l.jpg

pQs1PREl.jpg

u13QcQll.jpg

zRzcrmsl.jpg

And for old time's sake:

zU1HFRdl.jpg

2uAZ72Wl.jpg

c4bDqi5l.jpg

And finally, asking that all important question:

S0HVbROl.jpg

kewlmyc

Can't wait. This is the one game I refuse to get spoiled on. I failed with Tales of Berseria and Persona 5.... and Trails of Cold Steel 2... and Danganronpa UDG.... and Persona 4.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UDG, no, it just does into some details about after DR1, some of which leads into the Future arc of the DR3 anime, which is more of a conclusion of the games & a prequel about the DR2 characters before the game. V3 is meant to be a completely fresh start/its own story.

Also I'm hearing that monomono machine has an unlockable V3 & Gravity Rush 2 collaboration wallpaper. Would really like to see what it looks like.

Ooh, I might just go for that one, assuming it also comes to Europe. Don't really have the money to buy the full LE, nor do I have any need for a bag, cap and headphones.

EmiPrime

Ok guys,

I played DR 1&2. Do I need to play Another Episode or watch that DR3 Anime to get ready for 3?

No. UDG has its moments but you're better off pretending the anime never existed and V3 is a whole new story anyway.

I was really down on the franchise after the anime but the V3 demo has restored my faith. Obviously can't tell if the over-arching story is good and if it will stick the landing but it's funny, the characters are great, the new music sounds like Danganronpa music and Monokuma is back to being a constant presence.

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, some general casual speculation about DR3. Mostly about Hopebot and the protagonist speculation. Spoilered just in case?

The demo convinced me that Kaede is straight up the protagonist. Kodaka is definitely having fun with the speculation, but there's way too much going toward her for me to buy that she's gonna be offed in the first case. Nothing in the (rad as fuck) OP suggests anything untoward happening to her and it's a little too self-serious for me to think it's a bait and switch ala SDR2. If anything that bit with her in the brain-thing suggests a late-game development.

But also some of the recent stuff closes off much chance of the alternative working out. The whole theme of deception hinges on playing as someone with no moral qualms about doing so, and having seen Hopebot's introduction in the demo I really can't buy that he has any room for blatantly lying about alibis or deciding how honestly he wants to react to information. Dude is way too earnest about... everything.

Plus, playing as a dude literally called 'Ki-bou' is way too on the nose.

Rather, I think Hopebot will wind up as being a critical witness/source of information in most of the cases (maybe it all goes out the window for Case 5/6 though). He's a robot, so presumably he has photographic recollection of events, he's literally built to embody hope and goodness, so it's doubtful he'd ever lie, but since he's a robot with way too much faith in others, he can misunderstand that information by taking it too much at face value. Which leaves it up to you to muck it up. So sort of like AA6 Insights, but more contextualized in the existing systems of the game.

I'm also expecting him to get blamed a couple times for a murder given how poorly I can imagine him defending himself.

I'm pretty sure most people here have come around on the topic but I just wanted to get some of that stuff off my chest. The speculation on the topic in general just bugged me a bit.

There might be more ill have to check again when I get more pulls
I would give anything for an art-trade with Saito drawing Kaede and Komatsuzaki drawing Kat.

Top Bottom