• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3 demo now available

Lusankya

Thinking about which character to use as an avatar...

Cool. Is it possible to know who the murderer was in this case?
Is the hair really decisive evidence or just a red herring?

Did you watch the scene in the end?
His death was only a fake. The hair is probably from Makoto when he prepared the "crime" scene.

Thinking about which character to use as an avatar...

Cool. Is it possible to know who the murderer was in this case?
Is the hair really decisive evidence or just a red herring?

I'm pretty sure most of it was supposed to be a callback to Danganronpa 1
where hair on a hairbrush or roller or something in the first case was decisive evidence.

selo

No, the demo has nothing to do with the actual plot of the game.

I have been staying away from this thread because I don't want to get spoiled on CH1, but... is this true? So can I download the demo and not have anything spoiled?!!

Thanks!

I have been staying away from this thread because I don't want to get spoiled on CH1, but... is this true? So can I download the demo and not have anything spoiled?!!

Thanks!

There are no plot spoilers in the demo, no.

You'll be introduced to some of the mechanics and the cast, which I presume is repeated in the main game, but other than that, nothing to be spoiled on.

I'm assuming anyway, I'm waiting for the main game like the rest of you.

Did you watch the scene in the end?
His death was only a fake. The hair is probably from Makoto when he prepared the "crime" scene.
Yeah
I know it was fake. But I was wondering if there was truly a potential "culprit" for this fake trial. I guess it'd end up being Makoto :p
I'm pretty sure most of it was supposed to be a callback to Danganronpa 1
where hair on a hairbrush or roller or something in the first case was decisive evidence.
Oh, don't remember that detail. Neat.

robotrock

Banned
Goddamn this felt slick as hell to play on PS4 after playing the first two on Vita. Some of those animations are really rad. That music too...whew

Please tell there aren't any Hangman's Gambit minigames in V3. It's annoying having to play these in DR2.

Btw. a reddit user compiled a spoiler free trophy list (the actual Trophies contain heavy spoilers).

https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/6zkqim/ndrv3_a_nonspoilerific_trophy_list/

For those hunting the Platinum trophy it looks like the mini game will be again the grindy part. At least the boardgame/dungeon RPG is supposed to be fun compared to that dreadful Monomi game in DR2.
That's a lot of interesting trophies in there. I'm guessing most of them are from the unlockable side content, otherwise the main game is going to be pretty hefty.

There is, but the letters don't cost you HP when they collide now. Essentially they got rid of the main reason that the minigame was fucking bullshit.

giphy.webp

Btw. a reddit user compiled a spoiler free trophy list (the actual Trophies contain heavy spoilers).

https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/6zkqim/ndrv3_a_nonspoilerific_trophy_list/

For those hunting the Platinum trophy it looks like the mini game will be again the grindy part. At least the boardgame/dungeon RPG is supposed to be fun compared to that dreadful Monomi game in DR2.

So the (demo)
lying
mechanic can be used to (game)
shorten trials?
That's really interesting, I love the idea.

Also, some of the trophy names are fucking hilarious lol.

Also (game)
the love hotel
is going to see a lot of use. Ohohohohohoho.

Deimo5

Still can't find this on the New Zealand store? Tried out the US version a while back but I hoping to get whatever the demo reward is on my vita.

Lusankya

So the (demo)
lying
mechanic can be used to (game)
shorten trials?
That's really interesting, I love the idea.

Yeah, I thought there was only ever one correct option to choose from.
I am definitely going to replay all trials just to see the differences.

febLey

Never played Danganronpa. Me and my girlfriend were pretty confused about the class trial and we didn't get what we were supposed to do. We shot the yellow words but that seemed wrong. Help!

Never played Danganronpa. Me and my girlfriend were pretty confused about the class trial and we didn't get what we were supposed to do. We shot the yellow words but that seemed wrong. Help!

Basically, one of the statements in orange is proven wrong by one of the evidence. Each (relevant) piece of evidence is a bullet, and you're trying to shoot the false orange statement with the bullet that proves it wrong.

Lusankya

The "bullets" are your pieces of evidence, while the yellow parts are weak points in the testimony. Just because (part of) a sentence is marked yellow doesn't mean it is necessarily wrong, though.

You're supposed to find the bullet (evidence) which contradicts one of the weak points and shoot at it. E.g. in the first round you have the weak points:
1) The three main characters' room[...]
and
2) He didn't even have a chance to resist.

while your pieces of evidence are:
1) Monokuma file
and
2) Evidence of a struggle

As this is a demo we only have a few pieces of evidence and only two weak points.
So here you need to shoot
"Evidence of a struggle" at "He didn't even have a chance to resist."
as there is a contradiction. Make sure to shoot at the red noises first with your silencer as it will block your evidence bullet.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Are there any significant differences between the PS4 and Vita versions? Was planning to get this on PS4... until I saw that the PS4 version is $20 more expensive than the Vita version.

F4r0_Atak

Just wondering... since they already released a short demo for Danganronpa VR, but will this game have some kind of VR-mode? I ask this because this demo and the VR demo share awfully similar game icons.

Lusankya

Are there any significant differences between the PS4 and Vita versions? Was planning to get this on PS4... until I saw that the PS4 version is $20 more expensive than the Vita version.

Nothing significant. You need to download a day one patch to fix the compressed audio on the Vita and during some scene transitions the image will be pixilated/blurry for a few seconds.

You could just check out the demo on the Vita to see for yourself.

Zeroro

I still feel like the game is months away for some reason, so I sort of freaked out when I heard the review embargo lifted.

That RPGSite review already affirms how divided the reception to this game is gonna be, lol.

whybother

Neo Member
Finally get to see if this series is anything for me without the feeling of maybe wasting my money. I've been intrigued by it since the first one came out but I usually don't play investigative games so this is great.

Top Bottom