• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

*Splinter

Let's say the Item Giver player (presumably Town) has been giving out items all game, but by the nature of the game, items have gone to both scum and town players. That means it's pretty likely a scum player got an item. If that's the case, then you're only hurting Town by not talking about it.

Furthermore:

An entire group staying quiet about getting a secret item could be that nobody wants to be the one person to speak up first. Fine.

However, once someone does bring it up, the psychology of the situation changes.

Maybe you're the one good guy who decided to finally bring it up, in hopes that the Item Giver will acknowledge you, and by the same token, acknowledge that those who haven't said anything could be the shadowy scum players with something to hide.

Or, maybe you're one of the scum players who decided to bring up the item situation, from your relatively safe position in the game, to see who else brings it up - depending on what the item does, this could give you an idea of who to target from now on.

By bringing up the item at all, you've already done most of the work.
Every item is different, I am very sure of that.

At this point I'd expect item receivers to be speaking up, regardless of their alignment, so not sure what's going on there. Maybe they haven't come to the same conclusions as me and are unconvinced that items are unique - in which case they could be being cautious for the scenario you described where I'm scum. Maybe they all died. Maybe they just haven't checked the thread yet.

Regardless, none of this is getting us any closer to finding scum.

*Splinter

Tell us what the item does, and we can figure out whether it would make sense for the receivers to still be in the game.

It's not a bluff. DP and I have been preparing for a possible DP reveal, should it work in Town's favor.

If you're scum, you're likely going to stall and not comply - which is what you're doing now.

Tell us what the item does.
I'm not stalling, I've stated outright that I'm not going to tell you.

From the bolded I think you are missing that each item appears to be unique.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, there we go, you're getting there. That's one more bit down. You got an item, and it 'appears' to be unique.

Tell us more.

Karkador

Banned
For the new page:

t1468382400z1.png

Splinter has this much time to fully explain what the item does, so that I don't reveal the identity of Danny Phantom.

It should be plenty of time to come up with something.

*Splinter

Alright, there we go, you're getting there. That's one more bit down. You got an item, and it 'appears' to be unique.

Tell us more.
I said I thought it was unique as soon as you asked me for details. Don't act like I'm dragging this out.

I'm not sharing details because I think it's unique.

I would never have mentioned owning an item if I thought otherwise - that chain of logic should be obvious.

Karkador

Banned
The item being unique is only more of a reason you should share, as you wouldn't be spoiling what somebody else is holding onto.

Karkador

Banned
It's likely not an investigation shot, as we had a Cop.

If it's a kill, they wont block it. We don't even have a switcher anymore.

If it's a shield, the worst they'll do to you is not target you.

Karkador

Banned
The timer and my ultimatum are still going, if you want to offer a real explanation, but I don't think there is one.

You brought up some random item mechanic to try to stir confusion, and now you're in way over your head. Nothing you've offered as an explanation has made any logical sense.

*Splinter

The timer and my ultimatum are still going, if you want to offer a real explanation, but I don't think there is one.

You brought up some random item mechanic to try to stir confusion, and now you're in way over your head. Nothing you've offered as an explanation has made any logical sense.
That is the worst gambit I've ever heard. I'm offended.

*Splinter

I'm going to go ahead and assume the item giver is town. We can (hopefully) verify another player by having them full claim. However, for tactical reasons this shouldn't happen until next day phase, so please noone claim if/when you received an item before then.

Unless you gave melon an item, in which case item giver can just claim and we lynch her today.
michael-jordan-laugh.gif

VOTE: melonrabbit

Karkador

Banned
The point is, *Splinter is a scum player making stuff up. I'm betting Danny Phantom's identity on it, because enough is enough. This item claim makes no sense, and Splinter (and his predecessors) has been trying to passively lead Town on with relatively soft tactics such as miller claims, and now this.

*Splinter

The point is, *Splinter is a scum player making stuff up. I'm betting Danny Phantom's identity on it, because enough is enough. This item claim makes no sense, and Splinter (and his predecessors) has been trying to passively lead Town on with relatively soft tactics such as miller claims, and now this.
Right. New evidence comes up, and your mind isn't changed. There's no way you still believe this drivel you're spewing.

I'm a miller. Always have been. If you think Xam should have claimed you'll have to take it up with him.

I received an item. That's odd, sure, but now melon has said something to suggest she also knows about items. Now we're just waiting for her to come up with a consistent story with the rest of scum chat.

Your narrative is garbage and you know it. I don't know why Danny is still (implicitly) vouching for you, but I don't believe you can be town.

A bad track record I can forgive - we've all been there - but your play today makes even less sense than usual.

Karkador

Banned
Right. New evidence comes up, and your mind isn't changed. There's no way you still believe this drivel you're spewing.

Melonrabbit could be scum coordinating with you. You seem to be lining her up to bus her.

I'm a miller. Always have been. If you think Xam should have claimed you'll have to take it up with him.

What does your miller claim matter now that the Cop is dead?

I received an item. That's odd, sure, but now melon has said something to suggest she also knows about items. Now we're just waiting for her to come up with a consistent story with the rest of scum chat.

The clock is ticking, and it's ultimately your story we're judging here.

Your narrative is garbage and you know it. I don't know why Danny is still (implicitly) vouching for you, but I don't believe you can be town.

Then why are you voting for melonrabbit instead of me? My narrative isn't the problem, it's yours.

*Splinter

Melonrabbit could be scum coordinating with you. You seem to be lining her up to bus her.
You would have a problem with that?

What does your miller claim matter now that the Cop is dead?
...what? You tried to paint me as inconsistent or "passively leading town along" whatever that means. There's been nothing inconsistent about my claim apart from it coming later than it should have. Something I had no control over.

The clock is ticking, and it's ultimately your story we're judging here.
Speak for yourself. The current open question is with melon. I'd also hope that at least someone is playing a little less myopicly than you are trying to encourage.

Then why are you voting for melonrabbit instead of me? My narrative isn't the problem, it's yours.

VOTE: Karkador

VOTE: *Splinter

VOTE: cabot

Makes no difference at this point. Right now I'm interested in melon's response, but let's not pretend my vote means anything until we start to gain a consensus. This isn't D1.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Karkador

VOTE: *Splinter

VOTE: cabot

Makes no difference at this point. Right now I'm interested in melon's response, but let's not pretend my vote means anything until we start to gain a consensus. This isn't D1.

UNVOTE

This reminds me of: How come you're still not hammered with 3 votes on you?

*Splinter at this point I'm the only one who can get you out of this hole you've dug yourself. You are making me think you do not deserve the item I sent you last night.

*Splinter

Let's not gloss over what a baffling argument this is. You suspect melon and I are scum working in tandem, and yet you'd be unwilling to vote for her?

The scenario you posit is that I'm trying to bus her, earn mad townie cred's and coast (lol) to the end of the game.

You'll still be alive tomorrow. You could just as easily point out a bus then, only there we'd know for sure that your theory is half true (I.e. we'd know melon is indeed scum), so a bus isn't such a wild theory.

Maybe you think I'd be harder to lynch then? Reasonable suggestion, but let's look at it in reverse: lynch me today. For the sake of pointing out how ridiculous your position is, we'll pretend I flip scum. Then my push on melon since yesterday makes her look townie as fuck. A bus is still possible and so you're in the same situation. Except people are already more open to my lynch, so if anything it'd be even harder to lynch her then than it would me.

So even if you believe your posed theory, that comment makes no fucking sense.

*Splinter

*Splinter at this point I'm the only one who can get you out of this hole you've dug yourself. You are making me think you do not deserve the item I sent you last night.
I wish you hadn't revealed the name, that wasn't necessary.

Unless we get a counter claim, melon is the item giver. "Fenton Finder" is exactly what I received.

*Splinter

Considering what to do next. I think melon can reveal who she delivered to each night? I don't think you should reveal any more about the items though.

I need to reread today with a non-scum melon

*Splinter

This not having come up at all makes me incredibly skeptical. Especially when you say that anyone else needs to wait a day before backing your story up. This game is probably real close to over, so saying "keep me alive one more day because *mysterious reason*" reeks of a scum player that just needs to last that one more day.

You seem to be suggesting that receiving an item confirms someone as town. That seems insane in a game where town already has a cop and an private chat recruitment that confirms the invitees team if successful.
I don't have a strong read on ultron, but this second paragraph sounds like scum letting their complaints about game-balance spill into the main thread. It's a very kyan-esque scumtell.

Has Ultron claimed? Or had any claims relating to him? He's been off the radar for as long as I can remember.

Top Bottom