• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dante skin to be featured in Dead Rising 4 Special Edition

Jawmuncher

51aCFGh8IBL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Finally DMC fans will have the same feeling as me when Metroid Prime 4 and ZOE 4K/VR was announced.

Or...what if I told you Bluepoint is remaking DMC 1 like they are doing with Shadow of the Colossus and that's the real surprise?

lupinko

Honestly I'm dissapointed they keep letting capcom Vancouver make the dead risings instead of the original japanese studio. They just don't get what the made the original so good. The original studio probably doesn't even exist anymore.

Dead Rising 2 was good but their project was supervised by Capcom Japan.

Looks like DR3 and DR4 were both their own works tho.

JayEH

eshwaaz

Even taking that into account--which I don't think is true because dead rising 2 exists--Dead Rising 4 is a trash game even by its own standards. They made a perfectly good base for zombie warriors in Dead Rising 3 that they somehow managed to ruin in Dead Rising 4 simply out of incompetence and a rush to copy what everyone else in the gaming world without a thought as to how that would effect anything else in the game.

That's what makes dr4 such an oddly managed mess of a game. It's not simply bad, but bad in ways that don't make any sense given the context. It's just shockingly bad in a way that I haven't seen since something like DMC2 in the way of just sequels just utterly missing the point /and/ failing on it's own merits.

I mean I'd really like to see a good faith argument for why it's better than Dead Rising 3.

Most people I've seen defend the game start from the basis of the timer and try to make an argument that's based on a false reality that the series just suddenly jumped from DR2 to DR4 with nothing in the middle and instead of DR4 just being a bad game the argument becomes "it's just different" and "you're just an elitist asshole for not liking dumb zombie killing"

The unique thing about Dead Rising 4's badness stems from the fact that they already made a dumb zombie game that's main mechanical focus is just killing as many zombies as possible, and it's almost inarguably better than Dead Rising 4 in every way imaginable. More content, coop, double the weapons, each weapon has way more utility, drastically more in depth gameplay vs DR4's one button combat, ending isn't chopped off as dlc, actually has bosses, actually has side missions, the world isn't 80% a pointless empty shell of a game, etc
I could not agree more with this assessment. I actually had a decent amount of fun with DR3, but DR4 manages to take things that are inherently fun at the most basic level and still get them wrong. At its very best it's functional but forgettable; at worst it's shockingly bad.

59cde09760e59.jpg

That doesn't look like Frank's face. Is this an outfit or a character swap?

The way Dead Rising 4 plays (ie, mosou w/ zombies) might as well make it full on 3rd person action and just put dante's controls and moveset in there.

Would end up being a better game than Dead Rising 4 was.

Plasma

Banned
I mean I'd really like to see a good faith argument for why it's better than Dead Rising 3.

Most people I've seen defend the game start from the basis of the timer and try to make an argument that's based on a false reality that the series just suddenly jumped from DR2 to DR4 with nothing in the middle and instead of DR4 just being a bad game the argument becomes "it's just different" and "you're just an elitist asshole for not liking dumb zombie killing"

The unique thing about Dead Rising 4's badness stems from the fact that they already made a dumb zombie game that's main mechanical focus is just killing as many zombies as possible, and it's almost inarguably better than Dead Rising 4 in every way imaginable. More content, coop, double the weapons, each weapon has way more utility, drastically more in depth gameplay vs DR4's one button combat, ending isn't chopped off as dlc, actually has bosses, actually has side missions, the world isn't 80% a pointless empty shell of a game, etc

I would say the mall is more interesting to explore than anything that was in Dead Rising 3 but apart from that DR3 was just a better game overall.

Sesha

Or...what if I told you Bluepoint is remaking DMC 1 like they are doing with Shadow of the Colossus and that's the real surprise?

I'd call it a funny joke since Capcom is done with outsourcing (minus art, animation and mocap) for a long time.

Jawmuncher

I'd call it a funny joke since Capcom is done with outsourcing (minus art, animation and mocap) for a long time.

I wouldn’t be so sure.
Will not be surprised to see outsourcing again. Just this time not throwing stuff out to the lowest bidder. Not like they’re exactly doing better keeping stuff in-house in terms of sales after DR4 and MVC:I after all.

Sesha

I wouldn’t be so sure.
Will not be surprised to see outsourcing again. Just this time not throwing stuff out to the lowest bidder. Not like they’re exactly doing better keeping stuff in-house in terms of sales after DR4 and MVC:I after all.

Their problem is being cheap though. Lost Planet 3, Umbrella Corps, SFV, Infinite all have that in common. Projects that aren't cheap turn out fine, like DmC, Strider, RE7 and MH: World (we'll see about that one). Their real challenge is that + better marketing.

Why does Dead Rising avoid Resident Evil stuff so often?
seems like it would be a perfect Easter Egg fit.

I'd certainly buy Dead Rising 4 for a Chris Redfield or heck even Frank cosplaying Jill skin.

JayEH

I'd certainly buy Dead Rising 4 for a Chris Redfield or heck even Frank cosplaying Jill skin.

They’ve had Easter eggs in the past and in the DR3 dlc you could play as tofu.

pa22word

Dr4 has some re5 stuff in a couple of stores, and Mikami was a survivor in Dead Rising 1.

I would absoutely love a sailor Chris outfit, though.

Edit: With pipe!

I'm reluctant to call this game bad since I did finish it, but it was absolutely mediocre. Definitely the weakest entry in the series.

Top Bottom