• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours out November 4 (PS4/V), December 3 (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No self promo here - pure info based. My bud and I had James Wragg (who works at Pyramid) on le podcast and he divulges a lot of good info on DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours. Link here.

Hey everyone. With DariusBurst CS on PC approaching fast (and Mushihimesama approaching a stable state), we're going to start ramping up attention to this.

In order to avoid launch problems like we had for Mushihimesama, we would like to do a larger closed beta this time to thoroughly document any errors or feature requests before launch.

If you are willing to test the game, especially on co-op, dual monitor mode, and with various controller setups, please PM me with your email address for an invitation.

Please inquire only if you are serious about testing and can commit at least a few hours to it, it's a big game.

Seik

Banned
Damn, Darius is still something?!

I'm in!!! Any physical version of this will be available? (No matter the region) :D

Will double dip on this PC\VIta

Man I wish there was a screensaver of the in between level screen, with the music playing (Bless You I believe) it's hypnotizing.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
Graphics: Shader Model 2.0 Compatible, GeForce 8600GT
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 1800 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible sound card
RECOMMENDED:
Additional Notes: Controller recommended

AmyS

Steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
Graphics: Shader Model 2.0 Compatible, GeForce 8600GT
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 1800 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound-compatible sound card
RECOMMENDED:
Additional Notes: Controller recommended

Minimum.

"Recommended specs: something, something"

zFleBfD.jpg

;)

I've ordered the Vita physical release, but will probably get the d/l version as that's just two days away.

I would like to play the PS4 / PC version but;

a) I don't have a PS4, and
b) I only have a Mac mini 2014 1.4 i5 with the intel 5000 Graphics.

If I get myself a copy of Windows, will it run on my weak sauce Mac mini?

(It is unlikely that I would utilise the dual screen setup).

Is it worth getting a PS4 just for this game? - context - I don't like 95% of modern games, and I just play on my arcade cabs, or PC Engine / Saturn / Neo via a Sony PVM.

BOTEC

Is it worth getting a PS4 just for this game? - context - I don't like 95% of modern games, and I just play on my arcade cabs, or PC Engine / Saturn / Neo via a Sony PVM.

It just might. The recommended specs for this game are pretty low end. The PassMark score for the graphics card model listed on the steam page is half of what Intel HD 5000 chipset gets. I'd give it a try at least. I would NOT buy a PS4 for this game alone.

Tain

VR headset owners: this game is dope with Virtual Desktop. I'm using a DK2 so I got 60hz to 75hz pulldown, but it might be worth it for having a big-ass display with no bezels in the way.

PSVR support would be smart!

Yes Boss!

It just might. The recommended specs for this game are pretty low end. The PassMark score for the graphics card model listed on the steam page is half of what Intel HD 5000 chipset gets. I'd give it a try at least. I would NOT buy a PS4 for this game alone.

No offense, but any system is worth buying for this game and this game alone.

I've ordered the Vita physical release, but will probably get the d/l version as that's just two days away.

Did you ask this same question on steam? I swear someone asked me about their mac mini from 2014.

Either way, as long as you can run windows then you have the hardware specs.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The NA Playstation blog says the Vita version is out November 30 and the PS4 version is out December 2... don't ask me what's happening, I have no idea.

Still no word on price, either, which makes me think it won't be cheap.

Agent X

Gold Member
For what it's worth, The Drop on PlayStation.Blog usually only announces availability of new games, and not their prices.

If the developer and/or publisher puts up a separate post devoted to the game itself, then they might reveal the price there. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the PS Store post on Tuesday.

For what it's worth, The Drop on PlayStation.Blog usually only announces availability of new games, and not their prices.

If the developer and/or publisher puts up a separate post devoted to the game itself, then they might reveal the price there. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the PS Store post on Tuesday.

Confirmed, The Drop never has pricing.
I assume this won't be crossbuy between PSV and PS4? Will have to wait for impressions to see how good the PSV port is before I choose.

AmanoBuff

Very excited to play this on my Vita. I'll wait for impressions first though. If it is native res and 60fps (this is the only genre where I consider this a must) I'll be digital day one and will also buy any English physical version when/if it becomes available.

Btw. Am I the only one who wishes for a Sine Mora physical Vita version?

Momentary

Banned

I played the game on my intel HD4600 and it runs it just as good as the 980m I have on the same laptop. You should be more than fine.

I'm so looking forward to this, but I'm also loathing that I'm forcing myself to finish packing and the move to a new apartment before resuming games / streaming. G-Darius is at the top of my favorite shmups of all time.

Saroyan

I've got the physical Vita version pre-ordered but I may have to pick up the Steam version for dual monitor play, didn't know it was going to have that. Hopefully it will work with mismatched monitors if I pick a common resolution, my primary monitor is 1440p and my secondary monitor is 1920x1200.

Posted our review of DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours - here. Check it out if you're interested.

Props to Degica for bringing this title over, definitely one of the better shmups I've played in quite some time. You guys and gals are gonna love it!

Controller support, Steam cloud saves, 3000+ stages, 4 play co-op support, dual monitor and wide screen support and much much more. I can't put this game down, it's that much fun and it's that good. For fans of the genre wondering if they should check this title out, there is no thinking... just do it. You won't be disappointed at all.

yyr

Thanks for writing the review, Shadowhaxor. It makes me drool for this game even more.

Only thing I'm gonna be picky about: it's "shmups," not "shumps."

Thanks for writing the review, Shadowhaxor. It makes me drool for this game even more.

Only thing I'm gonna be picky about: it's "shmups," not "shumps."

Yeah, sorry about that. I had fixed it and when to post and the spell check was like... you stupid human, let me fix that for you.

AmanoBuff

I already asked for it on the Limited Run Games thread, you should do the same. Dunno why, but shmups is a genre that should have physical for preservation.

Good call. I had forgotten about them. Will definitely ask. At least there is now a tiny little hope of seeing this amazing game in physical form someday.

Thanks! A bit more than I expected but I will still buy it. I just need confirmation on its performance and resolution on Vita.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, you can get the Vita version for 10% off using Sony's Black Friday code:

23203272401_f58632343f_b.jpg

Today is the last day the code works!

5taquitos

Damn, that's a pretty tough price, may have to hold off for a while. Unfortunately I already used that 10% code.

You know, I'm usually not one to notice or bitch about this kind of stuff, but man that font for the score/multiplier popups is really amateur hour.

Yeah, the score numbers are awful, straight out of a shitty mobile game

AmyS

I think given the $59.99 (!?) price of the PS4 version, I'll be happy to get that, and also play that on VITA. As much as I love shmups, I can't justify $100 for PS4 + VITA versions.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54635&start=510

system11 said:
Having just seen the official prices, as a Darius series fan for many years I'm happy to say "fuck that, you must be joking".

$49.99 on Steam
$59.99 on PS4 (why is this more expensive?)

Taito are going to have to learn that people would stand paying $60 for an actual retail product in a niche genre, but for a downloaded title you can't keep and own? No. Not a chance. They're dooming it outside of Japan at those prices. I'll be waiting until a physical PS4 release happens (unlikely) or until the price has fallen significantly. See you in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom