• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Horse publishing new The Legend of Zelda: Art and Artifacts art book on 21/02/17

Volotaire

Legend-of-Zelda-Art-and-Artifacts-cover.jpg
The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts will feature more than 400 pages of "rare promotional art," official pixel art and exclusive interviews with the Legend of Zelda series design team, Dark Horse said in an announcement.

The new book will also include a sneak peek at artwork from next year’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Nintendo NX.

The hardcover book (304 pages) will be released 21/02/17.

Official Amazon blurb:

The Legend of Zelda™: Art and Artifacts contains over four hundred pages of fully realized illustrations from the entire thirty-year history of The Legend of Zelda™ including artwork from the upcoming The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild! Every masterwork is printed on high-quality paper in an oversized format so you can immerse yourself in the fine details of each piece. This book includes rare promotional pieces, game box art, instruction booklet illustrations, official character illustrations, sprite art, interviews with the artists, and much, much more! The Legend of Zelda™: Art and Artifacts collects many of your favorite masterpieces from the storied franchise, as well as rare and never before seen content, presented in one handsome hardcover.

Select artwork from the entirety of the franchise!

A nostalgic look at the past!

An exciting look at the future!

Interviews with some of the artists behind The Legend of Zelda™ series

Polygon (Michael McWhertor)

Pre-order Amazon US - $40

Amazon Canada ($0% off) - $32.07 (thanks BY2K)

Amazon Germany - €32.43 (thanks to Jucksalbe)

Amazon UK - £33.99 (thanks illusionary)

EDIT 1: This is a localisation of an upcoming Japanese artbook being released in Japan.

Yup, seems to be a localization of Hyrule Graphics, which comes out in Japan later this month:
http://nintendoeverything.com/the-l...-japan-later-this-month-heres-whats-included/

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Huh, is this a localization of an existing Japanese book ala Hyrule Historia or is this something Dark Horse is putting together in-house?

Oregano

Ooo this will look nice next to the Hyrule Historia.

Super interesting that this will have Breath of the Wild stuff in it.

Zalman

I'm loving the fact that we're getting more Nintendo artbooks, especially from Dark Horse. They're bringing The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening too.

Volotaire

Huh, is this a localization of an existing Japanese book ala Hyrule Historia or is this something Dark Horse is putting together in-house?

I'm not too sure. It is promising new Breath of the Wild concept art so I am guessing it will be a simultaneous release/ new release in the West.

These art/history books are my weakness. I've got way too many, plus 4 or so more pre-ordered but I'm running out of space quickly.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It comes out later this month in Japan?

I wonder if the Breath of the Wild stuff is gonna be new.

eXistor

Does Dark Horse normally publish in Europe? I need this book, but I'd rather not buy from the US for fear of high import charges.

It comes out later this month in Japan?

I wonder if the Breath of the Wild stuff is gonna be new.

Just give me a fold-out poster of the mountain climbing image and I'm golden. Leave the rest of the pages blank, I'll pay up for that alone.

So glad this book is happening in English!

According to the descriptions of the Japanese book, it's the first of an upcoming trilogy. I wonder if Dark Horse has also locked down the other two books.

This looks pretty cool.

The original Link to the Past official strategy guide had so much art from the series that I never saw elsewhere. I hope it's still buried in my closet somewhere.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is there much overlap between this and Hyrule Historia?

edit: Also, it says it features over 400 pages worth of content but also lists the book at 304 pages. Sooo.. what is it?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Definitely getting this.

I got the jp version today, this thing is HEAVY. And there's two more tomes coming out in the next few months apparently???

Peagles

Just got my JP version, it's gorgeous. The 30th Anniversary CD set is really nice too. I'll try get some pics up this weekend.

Top Bottom