• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 Getting three new DLC episodes, trailer released for Episode 1.

TnK

How does this work? If I go to NG+, I have to repeat everything before going to the new areas?

kroniksan

Neo Member
There you go, the rest of my year worth of gaming

BJOCxpG.gif

Robot Pants

Wow planned from the get go the whole time.
Can't believe a word that comes out of Bamco/FROM mouths ever again.

Gotta say though. This is the first bit of Souls content that I have absolutely no interest in, and that makes me sad. Dark Souls 2 was such a let down.

seriously incredibly annoying thing to show...

maybe they don't realize that they really botched poison in this game...ugh

I don't know if they really botched the poison, its the constant staggering from the statues that really pissed me off.

Wasn't that Seath the Scaleless' body slumped over the cave entrance?

XTk91od.png

This? It certainly looks like Seath.

Looks like this will be our first snow/ice level in a souls game too.

As interesting as it looks I probably won't buy it as I've never been huge on DLC.

However if once it comes out and I hear really good things I could change my mind.

I'm not a fan of them reusing assets though, but whatevs, let's see the dlc better but hey, more DS2, just fix pvp matchmaking as well

Orayn

That is one pricey season pass. I hope each episode is fleshed out and not just really small areas like Heide's

It's a $5 discount on three packs that are $10 individually, which is the same setup as Titanfall. The other common configurations are $30 for 4x10 (Borderlands 2) or $50 for 4x15. (CoD and Battlefield)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. It looks like popular opinion for Dark Souls II has turned quite negative just by looking at this thread. I had no idea. I still love the game and continue to play it often. Definitely excited for new content!

$25 seems kinda steep, but who am I kidding, I would probably pay $25 for each one.

I rarely do season passes, but damn, Dark Souls has casted it's hex in me and I have no choice.

Gbraga

There you go, the rest of my year worth of gaming

BJOCxpG.gif

Right? I was so happy thinking "ok, just one more run with a caestus character and I'll go back to watching anime and hopefully playing other games".

Nope, I'll get a month at best.

Well, time to play Demon's Souls then.

RedSwirl

Fuck.

Should I hold off finishing my NG until these are all out? How did you guys who beat DS1 before Artorias came out handle it?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Awesome. Hoping for new weapons/armor and achievements for these packs. My game save is in NG++, probably should get cracking on a new NG character for this now.

Orayn

Accessing these will probably be a lot easier than Artorias of the Abyss, since there are plenty of broken King's Doors that could be reactivated or turned into portals. I noticed one in the passage between Heide's Tower of Flame and No Man's Wharf and thought, "If there's DLC, this will probably be an entrance to it."

chris121580

$25 seems kinda steep, but who am I kidding, I would probably pay $25 for each one.

I rarely do season passes, but damn, Dark Souls has casted it's hex in me and I have no choice.

You and me both! I'll gladly buy the season pass for as much entertainment as this game has provided me

kvn

How can you people be so fucking happy about 3 simultaneously announced DLCs, which obviously have to be cut (for whatever reason) content, and a fucking season pass, which is freaking 25$?? I don't get it. You like being ripped off?

Dr. Buni

Damn. It looks like popular opinion for Dark Souls II has turned quite negative just by looking at this thread. I had no idea. I still love the game and continue to play it often. Definitely excited for new content!
You have seen nothing. People in this thread are only complaining about the poison (a fair complain). Anyway, I love the game too, as much as I love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
How can you people be so fucking happy about 3 simultaneously announced DLCs, which obviously have to be cut (for whatever reason) content, and a fucking season pass, which is freaking 25$?? I don't get it. You like being ripped off?
But it is Dark Souls.

doofy102

Haven't bought the game yet. Welp, guess I'll be picking up the definitive edition after this is all out.

Devs really didn't hold to that "we are selling a whole game" vision very well.

Accessing these will probably be a lot easier than Artorias of the Abyss, since there are plenty of broken King's Doors that could be reactivated or turned into portals. I noticed on in the passage between Heide's Tower of Flame and No Man's Wharf and thought, "If there's DLC, this will probably be an entrance to it."

Aren't there a few petrified Giants that don't actually take you to anything yet?

Myomoto

Seeing more of those fucking poison statues, I'm half expecting this DLC to include a bunch of venomous skeleton wheels as well.

purg3

slept with Malkin

My first playthrough was about 80hrs, the game certainly wasn't short on content... Season pass is cheaper than getting all 3 separate, don't see what the problem is here.

Sendero

Is the first enemy on the trailer a Heide knight?

In terms of graphic design, the trailer did nothing to me. But after so much DS 2 overexposure, think I'm ready for more adventures. Just want to know if I need to start fresh, or can access the new content just prior NG+.

Top Bottom