• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 Getting three new DLC episodes, trailer released for Episode 1.

cakely

Also, it goes without saying ... I will be buying these. Probably day one.

Even though Dark Souls 2 was probably the worst game of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 it was still a fantastic game.

Durante

Painted World had some snow but yeah, wasn't really a "snow level". Can't wait. Maybe add slippery patches just to take the trolling up to 11... :D
Slippery patches in a platforming part :p

Accessing these will probably be a lot easier than Artorias of the Abyss, since there are plenty of broken King's Doors that could be reactivated or turned into portals. I noticed on in the passage between Heide's Tower of Flame and No Man's Wharf and thought, "If there's DLC, this will probably be an entrance to it."
Heh, I thought the same thing in the exact same place.

Aren't there a few petrified Giants that don't actually take you to anything yet?
Yeah, that as well. Though the concept of these doesn't really fit with the giant memories (which are also extremely short each).

How can you people be so fucking happy about 3 simultaneously announced DLCs, which obviously have to be cut (for whatever reason) content, and a fucking season pass, which is freaking 25$?? I don't get it. You like being ripped off?
I'm sorry, I don't see how this is a ripoff. Dark Souls 2 is easily one of the most content-rich games in recent memory, and we have no idea how large these DLCs are.

Guevara

Looks cool, will buy.

Dark Souls 2 was plenty of content for my money, so I'm ok with DLC. (Imbue a shield with Poison Stone doodz)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I thought people liked humanoid bosses and hated the giant ones?

They did, but DS2 swung too far in the other direction. Tons of humanoid bosses that can be defeated with pretty much the same tactics.

Personally, I liked most of them, but variety is usually a good thing.

dugdug

Banned
How can you people be so fucking happy about 3 simultaneously announced DLCs, which obviously have to be cut (for whatever reason) content, and a fucking season pass, which is freaking 25$?? I don't get it. You like being ripped off?

It's Dark Souls and From Software!

They can literally never do anything wrong!!!

Damn. It looks like popular opinion for Dark Souls II has turned quite negative just by looking at this thread. I had no idea. I still love the game and continue to play it often. Definitely excited for new content!

You mean people trying to be cool? Don't list to internet hypsters. They'd have you believe Demon's Souls which is by far and away the worst Souls game is the best cause it came out first & wasn't that popular.

Obviously cut content? You think the game felt shorted in any way? The game is massive and is wholly consistent.

Orayn

They were probably "cut" because they weren't finished and wouldn't be ready in time for their planned release date.

See, when you develop a game with a large team, it's inevitable that people wind up working at different speeds and some parts get done sooner than others. You can either leave that content on the cutting room floor and let the effort go to waste, try to incorporate it into another game entirely, or finish it and make an expansion. The third option is arguably the most efficient way to use your limited resources, so it's not surprising that devs want to take it.

Taiser

p3gUOLu.jpg

Dark Souls 2 Season Pass? Just looking at that seems awkward, with its popularity I guess it was only a matter of time until Souls series jumped on the season pass bandwagon. At least it wasn't available at launch, either way I like that we are getting more content but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I think I'll wait before buying it. I'm not enjoying Dark Souls II as much as I thought I would be, so I'd rather wait and see if I ever come around it.

Besides, I don't like the idea of having to wait to play the whole package until everything is out...

Tiops

Dark and Demon's Souls are my favorite games of last gen. And I definitely won't buy the season pass. When they show more content of those DLCs I'll decide if it's worth the purchase.

Dr. Buni

They did, but DS2 swung too far in the other direction. Tons of humanoid bosses that can be defeated with pretty much the same tactics.

Personally, I liked most of them, but variety is usually a good thing.
Yeah, there were a lot of humanoid bosses in the game, but I liked the majority of them too.
Also, it goes without saying ... I will be buying these. Probably day one.

Even though Dark Souls 2 was probably the worst game of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 it was still a fantastic game.
There is no such thing as a "worst game" in this series.

Gbraga

I think I'll keep a character on NG to play this first, and then use my NG++ character to play it again and see the remixed enemy waves :D

I just hope this game will come to ps4.. I'm almost done playing on ps3, just need to play all those ps+ backlogs. And I already sold my DkS 2 disc ;_;

EDIT and $25 aint that bad if the quality of these 3 is right around the quality of Artorias DLC

There's one big problem (for me anyway) here, it's the fact that on PS3 and PC my game is NG++ so anything and everything will be extra hard (and even more if we have to farm for some items on top of that, like in the main game).
At least I hope they crafted those zones with that in mind, only one special drop per phantom/special enemy - unless they drop everything at once.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You mean people trying to be cool? Don't list to internet hypsters. They'd have you believe Demon's Souls which is by far and away the worst Souls game is the best cause it came out first & wasn't that popular.

^^^^^

The hate ds2 gets is hilarious from "fans of the series"

zma1013

Hmm. I'm just wondering if I should get this for my PS3 or wait until I can grab a copy of DS2 on Steam during the summer sale.

I got 120 hours out of the main game how is that getting ripped off

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I love me some Demon's Souls, too, but I must admit it was a bit jarring to go back to when I played a bit of it again last month.

kvn

But it is Dark Souls.

Probably sarcasm but I forgot I'm on gaf.

My first playthrough was about 80hrs, the game certainly wasn't short on content... Season pass is cheaper than getting all 3 separate, don't see what the problem is here.

Yeah and I don't see the connection between your two sentences.

It's Dark Souls and From Software!

They can literally never do anything wrong!!!

Probably sarcasm but I forgot I'm on gaf.

They were probably "cut" because they weren't finished and wouldn't be ready in time for their planned release date.

See, when you develop a game with a large team, it's inevitable that people wind up working at different speeds and some parts get done sooner than others. You can either leave that content on the cutting room floor and let the effort go to waste, try to incorporate it into another game entirely, or finish it and make an expansion. The third option is arguably the most efficient way to use your limited resources, so it's not surprising that devs want to take it.

Let them put the DLC on the disc the next time and let's see how this forum reacts.

Obviously cut content? You think the game felt shorted in any way? The game is massive and is wholly consistent.

Have you skipped logic class or something? The game was release in march. Therefore, one can assume that this content was cut.

kiaaa

I don't think FROM is going to throw away any of their current good will with bad DLC, so I'm going to pick this up.

It helps that I just sold my Pudge Dragonclaw Hook for $200, too.

Laconic

Banned

I, for one, am not. It is bullshit, and flatout dishonesty re: baldfaced lying, on the part of Fromsoft. It does go rather hand in hand with the quality dip from DaS1, to DaS2, though. This pretty much kills any hype I had for Beasts Souls, and thus any inclination on my part to purchase a PS4, as well. I swear, game companies keep dragging the industry further down into the metaphorical ethical gutter. And some gamers keep tossing them evidence that it is ethics that is the real metaphor, not the gutter. Crash, already, AAA gaming.

Sendero

The only problem with this is that now I don't know if I should proceed to NG++.
That's why I haven't even jump to NG+.. was waiting for any DLC.

Other than getting new drops (Rings, weapons), is there more content that I should care about? I have only burned a couple of effigies so far.

Top Bottom