• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 announced (Early 2016, PC/PS4/XB1, Miyazaki Directing)

Durante

Hey, maybe we'll get gameplay later. A CG trailer isn't gonna sell me on a souls game, of all things.
Actually, a CG trailer will sell me on a Souls game. Because I already know the gameplay will be great :p

Also, I don't really get the complaints about CG. Firstly because it was awesome and secondly because every single Souls game was announced with CG.

MusicSouls! he cg trailer is disappointing but the music sounds similar to the score in Bloodborne which has an incredible OST. I'm confident it will follow the greatness.

wmlk

That was so beautifully directed. I can't believe how good that was.

I trust From so I'm not entirely bummed about there being no gameplay. Souls games are known for their CG reveals but turn out to be great at the end.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No myazaki + ds2 story kills my hype. Was hoping for a continuation of ds1 in the age of man/dark not a direct sequel to ds2.

Sami+

I'm skeptical of Miyazaki's involvement this soon after Bloodborne. I'm consequently skeptical of the game's quality.

BB and DeS are my two favorite games of all time.

Firmly "wait and see" on this. I have bad feelings.

Foffy

Banned
Same here. You'd think From has a somewhat above average relationship with Sony, or at least more than they have with Microsoft. Still, I'm not complaining, give it to me! :)

This is assuming that the game won't show off at Sony's event with gameplay, no?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Surprised it was announced at xbox.

Why ? Sony has their own souls game, that they need to pimp out the DLC for.

Most userbase for the series is already on Sony compared to Microsoft systems anyway, i don't think they care that it appears at MS and actually prefer it so they can focus on Bloodborne DLC. And MS is happy they get a brand name to show in their conf.

wmlk

I wish that From announced that it was exclusive on the XB/PC during the conference.
It is only fair to split the love. BB for PS4, DS3 for XB1.

Uh, Sony helped with Bloodborne. We're not getting Bloodborne and DS3 if it wasn't for their support, be it development or funding or both.

Top Bottom