• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 announced (Early 2016, PC/PS4/XB1, Miyazaki Directing)

spliced

Yeeees!

Good time for a CG trailer, it's not like I need to be convinced of anything. DS3 exists, DS3 bought. Simple as that.

Focus on Bloodborne DLC for now.

Sephzilla

The game is less than a year out and we cant get a gameplay trailer at all? Granted, this is Dark Souls 3 so you probably know what to expect by now, and they probably dont want another Dark Souls 2 downgrade backlash

Lux R7

rs_500x210-150603125232-anigif_enhanced-buzz-11799-1403287509-4.gif

Toxi

Banned
SO COOL

I loved that giant hooded figure with the lava skin and the little hunch-backed figures eking out their existence in the ash wastes.

KoopaTheCasual

The game is less than a year out and we cant get a gameplay trailer at all? Granted, this is Dark Souls 3 so you probably know what to expect by now, and they probably dont want another Dark Souls 2 downgrade backlash
Just like Bloodborne. We'll get gameplay soon enough.

Arkeband

Banned
So it's going to be directly referencing Dark Souls 2?

Even Dark Souls 2 had the sense not to reference DS1 too much. After all, the universe is one where time and space is distorted and you're supposed to be experiencing kingdoms built upon the ruins of old kingdoms, their names and events lost to cataclysm.

Feeling very cautious concerning the storyline here.

Sorral

So soon. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. I expected a bigger reaction from the crowd though lol.

Hope to see a gameplay demo too.

Ughhh more Giants? And crowns? God...

I just need to see actual gameplay to know if i'll enjoy the gameplay even if the story/lore is garbage

CHC

Ooooh yeah. Very haunting, minimal trailer AKA the usual for Souls.

I'm hyped. I'm not the kinda guy that needs a hard sell to buy a From game soooooo.....

Bloodborne DLC is what I'm looking forward to most but I am really excited to see what they're bringing with DS3 since DS2 left a bad taste in my mouth :(

Meh. I want to see gameplay footage and details before I'm sold. Also, I don't want From to become a "Souls" factory (that includes BB). Spread those releases out, and don't forget about you other IPs. I think some people may get Souls fatigue soon.

Nerokis

What's with the lackluster reception from the crowd? I expected people would cheer so loud for DS3.

Look at the reception here. "MORE GIANTS? CG? NO MIYAZAKI?? SHOW ME HITBOXES!" with the occasional "cool :)" thrown in. I preferred the light applause. :p

Havel

Remember the reaction from the Sony audience last year when Miyazaki's name popped up for the Bloodborne reveal?

Stark contrast here.

Lux R7

That was Drangleic castle in the trailer. Yup, sequel to DS2. It makes sense, honestly.

not sure..in DS2 trailers (and in the game actually) we had a lot o castles with anor londo vibes..
maybe just another castle with same architecture.

Xeilyn

As some people have stated, that reaction.. smh. Hope we get some gameplay later. Dont expect it at Sony's conference though, if they are gonna show anything souls it will be the Bloodborne DLC

Top Bottom