• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Collectors and Prestige Editions

Coxy100

Banned
Watch this be a game.co.uk exclusive for us UK folks

Yep :( Honestly not sure whether to risk it with them or not. Really want the Apocalypse edition just because I love steelbooks. Never bought any of the Souls series - but loved Bloodborne and now I only have a XB1 this is the closest I'll get to Bloodborne. So willing to pay a bit extra....but Game? :(

Ferr986

So I'm gonna have to miss the first day if I want just a regular version of the game?

I find the metal case ugly as fuck but there's not a standard version for preorder anywhere.

Atleast not with Dark Souls 2 (EU version). It came only with the steel case (granted, that case looked way better IMO, but still, I like to have both).

Oh yeah lol, I was thinking of FF13-2 which came with both.

Damn the Lord of Cinder Figurine looks pretty cool! And I'm a sucker for the art books.

Putting the art books in the collectors edition is likely the reason they sell so quick. :(
Glad I got my order in!

Finalow

based amazon.de, got my pre-order up. and as usual the CE is much cheaper than the one at game.co.uk - fuck that site, seriously.

they probably get literally 2 Prestige Editions to sell so I'm not surprised if it's gone that quick.

Arkeband

Banned
Because your paying for some random knights no one even knows right now

That's kind of how I felt about FF14: Heavensward's collector edition. It came with a statue of a pretty basic looking dragon - although it features in the story, dragons are a dime a dozen unless they're easily identifiable like Bahamut, who is kind of a humanoid dragon hybrid.

WTF I was one of the first ones to get one on Tuesday when it went live on Amazon.fr...and they've just sent an email telling me they deleted the item from their listing as it was a limited edition and thus no longer available on their site.

Eff' that :(

Gandalf

Just ordered the CE from Amazon.co.uk for £86.36 (student discount). Not sure how many they'll have left for people to pre order, so get in soon people.

Given how much the value on the Dark Souls 2 CE plummeted I'm just going to stick to a regular edition and hope I can get a cheap statue down the road.

Stiler

The price for the prestige is so absurdly expensive and no where NEAR worth that.

A 15" figure? (Most likely PVC judging by the pics, which is one of the cheapest materials to make figures out of ).

Not anywhere near the value they are asking for it.

The price for the prestige is so absurdly expensive and no where NEAR worth that.

A 15" figure? (Most likely PVC judging by the pics, which is one of the cheapest materials to make figures out of ).

Not anywhere near the value they are asking for it.

Isn't the prestige both figures?
It seems to be in Europe anyway... :D

Isn't the prestige both figures?
It seems to be in Europe anyway... :D
Well, at least every image of the Prestige Edition on any european Amazon branch shows both statues, since they got the images from Bandai-Namco, that would be one heck of a f*ck up from their side.
And ... for 399,- € there bettere are both statues, for the sake of those who bought it. I went with the regular Collectors Edition, just as always with Dark Souls.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Would I be able to play the EU on an NA console or is it region locked? I so want that prestige edition...

NeoFaff

I just want a version with the game, maybe a steelbook, a5 artbook, and ost. Like Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Screw these oversized boxes of crap :(

Auctopus

All I wanted was the art book but I'm gonna risk the fact they released a Design Works for 1 and 2 that they'll release one for 3.

You can get just as good iron on patches (lol) from Etsy.

skneogaf

I've just managed to buy the collector's edition brand new unopened 7 years, 4 months and 6 days ago, which is 2,684 days after it's release date!

Now the question is do I open it?

I play dark souls 3 on pc at 8k 60fps so I won't play the ps4 version on my ps5.

I bought it for £120

SXKPaLQ.jpg

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've just managed to buy the collector's edition brand new unopened 7 years, 4 months and 6 days ago, which is 2,684 days after it's release date!

I play dark souls 3 on pc at 8k 60fps so I won't play the ps4 version on my ps5.

I bought it for £120

SXKPaLQ.jpg
oooooo damn. hard choice.
I open all my stuff but I am an idiot.
Probably would be smart to not open it but you gotta ask yourself a quesiton

Have you gotten it to unbox it and enjoy it's contents? Maybe display on a shelf?
Or have you gotten it just to know that you own it?
Maybe you just want to make money, hten or sure dont open it

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I bought it for £120

SXKPaLQ.jpg
Nice grab. I own four copies of the game and none of them are physical editions. I would buy that and I don’t need another copy.

skneogaf

oooooo damn. hard choice.
I open all my stuff but I am an idiot.
Probably would be smart to not open it but you gotta ask yourself a quesiton

Have you gotten it to unbox it and enjoy it's contents? Maybe display on a shelf?
Or have you gotten it just to know that you own it?
Maybe you just want to make money, hten or sure dont open it

I recently got all of the available star wars black series helmets and force FX Elite Lightsabers and some of them were unopened even though I bought them many years after they came out so I'll probably open it.

But a prestige edition is going for quite a lot of money on ebay!

xRDIPma.jpg

cireza

I recently got all of the available star wars black series helmets and force FX Elite Lightsabers and some of them were unopened even though I bought them many years after they came out so I'll probably open it.

But a prestige edition is going for quite a lot of money on ebay!

xRDIPma.jpg
This is not going anywhere though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

I bought it for £120

SXKPaLQ.jpg
German release.
The German releases are usually the easiest to get.
I have the Steelbook
Dark-Souls-3-Steelbook_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom