• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 is Bandai Namco America's fastest selling game ever

Well I guess we're getting DS4 then.

Congrats to everyone at FROM. The game is magnificent, but I wouldn't mind them taking a break for a few years and coming back with a fresh take on the Souls series.

im guessing not enough people had their experiences soiled sufficiently and the feeling of being a second class citizen wasnt significant enough a reason to boycott DS3 in such a manner that it would have any impact on sales. Hell, it even sold terrifically well

It was almost like bamco knew what they were doing

yuraya

Good news.

Hopefully they like the smell of that money and don't make their next game exclusive to one platform.

Steel

Banned
Deserved. I seriously expected to go into this with full souls fatigue... But it surpassed my expectations. Really loved what they did with the weapons.

Still, I hope FROM moves on to other genres for awhile.

Like mech games.

Please.

Momentary

Banned
What ever they do next I hope it's not super Sci fi. I hope it's more cyber punkish. Hell, I could go for an all out Berserk game since there is a continuing anime series finally making back on the scene.

People keep saying Sci Fi Souls, but Sci Fi plus swords is dumb.

Beam Sabers my guy and
other varients
tumblr_n5c346KJvh1tzixowo1_400.gif

Glorious+beam+sabers+cut+through+everything+like+hot+butter+_453febffd040f4c2272e1c8d26b36f1e.gif

Kusagari

so what the hell is "niche" supposed to even mean then? every genre that ain't a shooter or sports game is automatically niche?

All niche means is you're targeting a specific audience and not the mass market at large. That specific audience can vary in size from small to large.

AmyS

Well deserved, FromSoft. Very much enjoying this game so far. Looking forward to the DLC.

DS3art.jpg

Farewell to Arms

You cross the walls
Cunning steps to safety
Thoughts break your fall
But have you looked around you lately
Do not speak too soon
Now the sun's the moon
And you don't know where you are
Do not fight for them
For today's the end
And you still don't know where you are
Farewell to arms
Nothing can go on forever

Farewell to arms
Life is not a never ending treasure
Across the land
Catherine dear is calling
And in your hand
The sand from your clutch is falling
Do not speak too late
Now the son's your fate
And you don't know who you are
Do not fight with it
Keep the candle lit
Until you know who you are

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it, loved it. 9/10 all day. The PC port was fantastic which I really appreciated, my only other Dark Souls PC port experience was Dark Souls I and we all know how fucking shoddy that was but not this time thankfully.

Knuf

Dark Souls 4 by Namco here we come.

I keep reading this sentiment often posted here, but aren't actually From Software the ones who own the Dark Souls' IP?
I assume so, given the fact that in Japan Dark Souls games were always published by From Software themselves, and on their website Dark Souls is not being listed in their Copyright info section as © of Bandai Namco (unlike Demon's Souls or Bloodborne which both are shown as © of Sony).

Awesome.

Hopefully a new Bloodborne is in production, alongside a new Souls IP. I'm worried this means we're getting a Dark Souls 4 though, which would be unfortunate. Put that particular series to bed, please, but keep these types of games coming.

Auctopus

Despite the games selling well, I still don't think FROM is a household name (not that any game companies are but you get what I mean).

I'd say a lot of gamers still don't know who FROM Software are even if they've played/heard of Souls/Bloodborne whereas everyone knows who you're talking about if you say Naughty Dog.

I don't know what they can really do about this despite diversifying their investments. I'm worried that we'll get something very to close to Souls 4 though.

Nope, one contract game per generation to be able to afford the dev of the rest of multiplats :).

New IP based on the Souls series. Something like bloodborne but for everyone.

Please and thank you.

Wasn't it heavily implied by a GAF insider that Sony and FROM have a 3 game deal? Not necessarily for Bloodborne games but exclusives.

All niche means is you're targeting a specific audience and not the mass market at large. That specific audience can vary in size from small to large.
as far as video games go though I think it is regretful that niche is pretty much used to denote less popular genres.

105.Will

Remember when we said this was the last Dark Souls game? Well....... Just kidding? This franchise will never go away, it's way to profitable, and is only getting bigger

Alucrid

Banned
Despite the games selling well, I still don't think FROM is a household name (not that any game companies are but you get what I mean).

I'd say a lot of gamers still don't know who FROM Software are even if they've played/heard of Souls/Bloodborne whereas everyone knows who you're talking about if you say Naughty Dog.

I don't know what they can really do about this despite diversifying their investments. I'm worried that we'll get something very to close to Souls 4 though.

Wasn't it heavily implied by a GAF insider that Sony and FROM have a 3 game deal? Not necessarily for Bloodborne games but exclusives.

you mean this won't turn into 1 million+ armored core sales?

Shari

I trust history above insiders.

Also, what's the interest for FROM to make a contract game when they can just do mutliplats and get more cut of the cake? They're not a Sony owned studio.

I hope we dont see FROM chained to a company/hardware.

Danielsan

I still remember that no one thought we would ever see a sequel to Demon's Souls. How times have changed. Seriously one of the greatest video game series of all time. Congrats to From. Here's hoping they're allowed a well deserved break so they can focus on something new and don't get burned out creatively.

Carlius

Banned
man if they do another souls game they better fucking bring it to pc. not bringing bloodborne to PC is just anti gaming, its sacrilege.

I trust history above insiders.

Also, what's the interest for FROM to make a contract game when they can just do mutliplats and get more cut of the cake? They're not a Sony owned studio.

I hope we dont see FROM chained to a company/hardware.

Bloodborne allowed the team to make something different, so the interest for FROM would be to to get funding from a company that allows them to take their games in a new direction.

Considering Bloodborne has sold more than 2.1 million copies, it's safe to assume they're being courted by Sony to make something else....if they aren't already.

Man, the Bloodborne 2 announcement thread is going to feel like Bayonetta 2 reveal, I can already sense it.

Top Bottom