• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Debug thread: "My dad could beat up your dad" but with bosses

Controlled NPCs can't climb ladders sadly.

Thanks, I thought I had read that in the other thread. Is there somewhere in Painted World where the bonewheels AREN'T accessed by a ladder though? I can't remember a path where you could get one to Priscilla.

Havel

Thanks, I thought I had read that in the other thread. Is there somewhere in Painted World where the bonewheels AREN'T accessed by a ladder though? I can't remember a path where you could get one to Priscilla.

You just teleport them out. Pretty quick and easy.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
http://a.pomf.se/kdmwvt.webm

As for combos, you can do them when you individually select their animation ID in Other (on your controlled NPC menu), but not on a controller as of yet. We are still trying to figure that out.

Can you go into detail on the method? I'll add it to the op.

Also, add me on Steam or give me your Steam ID and I'll add you.

Steam: Alo81

Haunted

today_I_saw_weird_shit_billy_madison.gif

http://a.pomf.se/kdmwvt.webm

As for combos, you can do them when you individually select their animation ID in Other (on your controlled NPC menu), but not on a controller as of yet. We are still trying to figure that out.

AMAZING :D

Men when this is more flushed out with some better menu system en little more understandable for us "normals" this will be glorious :D

JeTmAn81

I'd love to have the ability to save state in Dark Souls. I know that's against the principle of the game, but I don't want to have to make any more runs back to the boss.

FaintDeftone

I installed the debug patch, but once that grey debug menu pops up after executing, I can't seem to navigate it. Controller and keyboard both do nothing. Any advice?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah. I'd like to test it sometime soon.

Any plans to go into detail on how you test?

As a heads up (though you probably know already) there is a network option on the main debug men with options like "host session" "join session" and "leave session". Might be a good way to connect. LAN connection, one hosts, one joins.

Also, if you PM me or add me on Steam I can go into detail on getting into private network channels so you can also probably force a private lobby where it only connects you and your friend.

This is some fascinating shit. There is an actual 60 fps option in there but it only makes the game run at twice the speed. Also the way everything is set up like frame skip options and the underlying logic.

Any plans to go into detail on how you test?

As a heads up (though you probably know already) there is a network option on the main debug men with options like "host session" "join session" and "leave session". Might be a good way to connect. LAN connection, one hosts, one joins.

Also, if you PM me or add me on Steam I can go into detail on getting into private network channels so you can also probably force a private lobby where it only connects you and your friend.

Check yer PMs.

Nyoro SF

Well then fuck this shit. Need to start banning the exe.

Before you just exposed yourself as someone that doesn't actually play the game,

you should have probably looked up that hacking and cheats for online has been possible since day one.

So cut out the stupid random pointless outrage and go wail in the thread of another game you don't play.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This is some fascinating shit. There is an actual 60 fps option in there but it only makes the game run at twice the speed. Also the way everything is set up like frame skip options and the underlying logic.

Yeah something interesting I noticed was that you could set the game to 60fps mode (where everything runs at double speed) but then simultaneusly set your animation speed to 50%. Voila! You're playing in 60fps! (but all the enemies move at double speed =p)
Well then fuck this shit. Need to start banning the exe.

What do you mean by banning the exe?

I do think that FROM should patch the current Steam version in such a way that the Debug build cannot connect to it.

Seems like the Firelink Shrine chest gives you a bunch of shit if you do weird stuff.
EGbfqQI.jpg

Also this is where you can set coordinates to teleport your character to
SSC86py.jpg

Works well with No Gravity

LB + DPAD also lets you move in larger number increments.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Seems like the Firelink Shrine chest gives you a bunch of shit if you do weird stuff.
EGbfqQI.jpg

Also this is where you can set coordinates to teleport your character to
SSC86py.jpg

Works well with No Gravity

LB + DPAD also lets you move in larger number increments.

Thanks for character coordinate instructions, been looking for that when trying to conveniently cross fog walls.

Top Bottom