• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Debug thread: "My dad could beat up your dad" but with bosses

Molemitts

Seems like the Firelink Shrine chest gives you a bunch of shit if you do weird stuff.
EGbfqQI.jpg

I think that chest is meant to give you key items that you may have dropped. All those items are pretty important, so that makes sense.

Anor Londo is visible from Darkroot Garden?! Mindblown.

So it is, just about. I love this game so much.

Thanks for character coordinate instructions, been looking for that when trying to conveniently cross fog walls.

Plus the current coordinates of your player character can be found at WORLD CHAR MAN > c00000 whatever > Chr Basic Info > igPos

If you want to nudge your character somewhere specific. :p

Anybody know good/easy ways to create virtual LANs? I know Hamachi's one of them.

Also, I'm looking for one person that's willing to try out the LAN mode sometime today.

Havel

Anybody know good/easy ways to create virtual LANs? I know Hamachi's one of them.

Also, I'm looking for one person that's willing to try out the LAN mode sometime today.

Himachi or Tunngle would be your best bet. If you use Tunngle, just create a private LAN.

Anth0ny

This is so awesome. Reminds me of the old days of Gameshark on the N64 and Gameboy that would unlock crazy stuff like this (play as bosses/NPCs).

As if Dark Souls needs more replay value :p

I'll definitely check this out at some point. Have no idea who I'm going to try out first lol

Invis

I've only personally used Evolve, but it's never failed to work for any game I've used it for.

And if you're still looking for someone test out the LAN, I'd like to.

So far LAN isn't working. It kicks me offline and back to the main menu... I'll keep playing with it, but I'm not sure it'll work.

Has anybody got the Host/Join Session on the main menu to work?

EDIT: I was invincible while I using the menu and somebody tried to invade me. I felt really bad so I just alt+f4'd

If you converted your saves to the Steam version, they aren't back compatible with the GFWL version (debug build is GFWL version). Saves should still work on the Steam version.

Ah that makes sense. So if I keep the backup one the way it is, and then do the repair the corrupted data ont he new one, I'll still have access to my other characters if I rename the other exe back to its original name?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Would you suggest buying a 360 controller for playing dark souls on PC? Or can o use a DS3 controller?
Many people use the 360 controller, but I can't stand it for Souls games (started with Demon's Souls on the PS3 and I just feel more comfortable with the DS3, the triggers and bumpers feel completely wrong with the 360 otherwise), so I use the DS3. But it's easier to use the 360 out of the box. To use a DS3, you basically need to make it emulate a 360 controller (I use MotionInJoy, but some have reported problems with it). I also use a mod to display PS3 button prompts. I don't need them since I know all the controls by heart, but they're nice to have.

elohel

Many people use the 360 controller, but I can't stand it for Souls games (started with Demon's Souls on the PS3 and I just feel more comfortable with the DS3, the triggers and bumpers feel completely wrong with the 360 otherwise), so I use the DS3. But it's easier to use the 360 out of the box. To use a DS3, you basically need to make it emulate a 360 controller (I use MotionInJoy, but some have reported problems with it). I also use a mod to display PS3 button prompts. I don't need them since I know all the controls by heart, but they're nice to have.

All of my Bluetooth stops working when I use it so I've never used it again

Nzyme32

so can you use the debug mode to cheat in multiplayer?

Yes. While it is good for some to have the debug just to play around with, this will inevitably be used by some complete arseholes to cheat.

This then basically makes me apprehensive to bother with the multiplayer component, which funnily enough makes all that time waiting for the Steamworks port a waste since this puts me in a similar spot to the GFWL version

Yes. While it is good for some to have the debug just to play around with, this will inevitably be used by some complete arseholes to cheat.

This then basically makes me apprehensive to bother with the multiplayer component, which funnily enough makes all that time waiting for the Steamworks port a waste since this puts me in a similar spot to the GFWL version

Wow. In this context this is an absolutely vile thing. :/

Gvaz

Banned
IDC about playing online, is there still a debug available somewhere to download?

I own the game on steam, I don't see what the problem is.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wow. In this context this is an absolutely vile thing. :/

Yo, this Debug doesn't allow people to cheat in ways any more heinous than Cheat Engine which was already being used to much worse effect against people online.

Raide

One step closer to a DOTA mode for DarkSouls. Playing as the bosses as the hero units and having basic creep wandering around.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Has someone found out how to get Elite Cleric & Mage Smith armor with the debug.exe?

There is a toggle in there that will give you every item in the game, but I'd be wary of using it because it will toggle a bunch of achievements. I was sort of bummed when I did it. It also means that you'll have items like "Praise the Sun gesture" in your menu as well. I wouldn't use it on my main character.

Murkrow

Banned
There is a toggle in there that will give you every item in the game, but I'd be wary of using it because it will toggle a bunch of achievements. I was sort of bummed when I did it. It also means that you'll have items like "Praise the Sun gesture" in your menu as well. I wouldn't use it on my main character.

Well that's stupid, I actually wanted to add those two sets to my main char.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well that's stupid, I actually wanted to add those two sets to my main char.

I mean, there is almost definitely a way to do that, I'm just not certain how. Go poking around with the debug and try and figure it out. It's probably in the GAME>GameData>(I think PlayerData(14)?) section if you want to rustle around in there a bit. Make a test character to figure out exactly how to add them, then do it on your real character.

Top Bottom