Dark Souls II - Graphics Comparison - PC Preview

May 20, 2011
Were lighting changes really expected? Does a PC version of anything look drastically different from console counterparts, with the exception of obvious better resolutions, and better particle effects?

As long as PC runs at a solid 60, I'll be happy.

marrec

Loves ketchup on hot dogs and Pringles
Oct 11, 2010
He he he, poor From Software... it's not good enough to just make a seemingly great followup to a good game anymore is it?

I'd be hype for the PC release, but I just bought it on the 360 somehow.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sep 10, 2009
Where is your God now, PC enthusiasts?

I still might buy this because PS3 performance is so dismal. It would be great to play this with maximally responsive controls.

I wonder if the visuals were thoroughly downgraded so that the PC port would run at 1080/60 on a wide array of machines and people wouldn't call it a "bad port" this time. /conspiracy

Mar 19, 2013
I'm not sure what everyone was expecting here. The lighting used in those early demos wasn't just lighting, it was almost completely different texture work. The game wasn't going to change that drastically.

Skab

Jul 23, 2012
I'm more surprised at the fact that people actually thought the pre-release lighting engine would actually be in the PC release.

I'm perfectly happy with it. Day 1.

May 21, 2012
He he he, poor From Software... it's not good enough to just make a seemingly ok followup to a great game anymore is it?
Fixed.

Also glad that it's not a shit port, a bit sad about the lighting changes overall but if it means I rarely have to deal with torch bullshit then that's fine by me.

Feb 13, 2005
He he he, poor From Software... it's not good enough to just make a seemingly great followup to a good game anymore is it?

I'd be hype for the PC release, but I just bought it on the 360 somehow.
Yeah I know. Why should anyone be upset at misleading marketing? People should just accept this type of bait and switch marketing and be happy about it.