• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT2| Prepare to Vengarl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls II |OT3|
tumblr_maiyhftxg91rashrqo1_400.gif

So kind of afraid to ask but what are your hour counts looking like so far?

The original took me for about 500 and that's cause GFWL made PvP on PC very frustrating.

The original took me for about 500 and that's cause GFWL made PvP on PC very frustrating.

Was 110 hours for me on NG. But I fell asleep at the controller a few nights, a lot of pvp for covenants, and of course, I'm just ridiculously slow because I love to look at every little thing in every area.

Time to platinum was about 50 hours for me

NG - ~40 hours
NG+ - ~10 hours
NG++ - ~2 hours (used Shrine of Winter skip just to get to Wellager and secure the plat, Black Gulch for Fragrant Branch of Yore)

Fhtagn

I'm at 120 hours or so, cleared the game first time at 65 hours with a spellsword then started a new character (str/faith regular/large/giant club + lightning spear only) and cleared the game + abyss and all optional stuff other than AD at 54 hours, now I'm a couple bosses into NG+ with that second character respec'ed into being well rounded.

I beat Dark Souls 8 times and Demon's four times and sunk a bit over 400 hours combined across 2 years. I'm probably going to slow down a bit soon because I have other stuff to get done in the next couple months but then get right back at it thereafter.

Wait a minute, how do you skip the ruin sentinels??

Get the Antiquated Key from the chest near the bonfire after Pursuer, then clear No Man's Wharf and go from the bonfire near the Heide Knight. Drop down and bust down the barricaded wall, then use the key on the locked door to make your way to the treasure room with Twinblade. There, use a Pharros' Lockstone to open the hidden rooms and in the right room there's a hidden wall leading to the cage elevators.

The end result is going right to where Straid is and the entrance to Sinner's Rise.

Scher

I got the platinum with a character at 80 hours, and a character at 50 hours, but my time is admittedly inflated because I would read or work on reports while I was playing the game.

Are you talking about the lockstone bit in the servants quarters?

Way better than I could've described it without going in-game and checking.
v
v
v
Get the Antiquated Key from the chest near the bonfire after Pursuer, then clear No Man's Wharf and go from the bonfire near the Heide Knight. Drop down and bust down the barricaded wall, then use the key on the locked door to make your way to the treasure room with Twinblade. There, use a Pharros' Lockstone to open the hidden rooms and in the right room there's a hidden wall leading to the cage elevators.

The end result is going right to where Straid is and the entrance to Sinner's Rise.

The fact that one player may not have wanted it at that specific moment completely misses the point of the game's invasion and online system.

I'd even flip that on its head to make an even stronger point: those moments are in fact more in line with the spirit of the game, imo.

Most people here probably don't run into it as much anymore, but trying to get to a big pile of souls you dropped, and fighting for your life against a mob, doing the whole "oh fuck I'm gonna die" thing in your head (or out loud lol) ... and then on top of that see the YOU ARE BEING INVADED banner flash ... that's the shit these games are made of right there.

I think people really forget what those first 20-40 hours of trying to play Demon's Souls blind were like. Now we all know all the tricks. It's nothing anymore. Play offline if you don't like it, as said. All is fair.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so , there will be 2 OT in the same time after 10 days for now ?

We'll see.
KuGsj.gif

You know PC will take some of the talk to performance and mods and you guys have knowledge on the game and they dont want spoilers or read anything from here that could be easily spoilery for them by now.

Just beat it. Bit of a disappointing final boss. Side from that, game was terrific. Not an enormous fan of the earlier sections but the middle and final third rocked. Now time to go back to something easy for a while, like minecraft.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just beat it. Bit of a disappointing final boss. Side from that, game was terrific. Not an enormous fan of the earlier sections but the middle and final third rocked. Now time to go back to something easy for a while, like minecraft.

Final bosses on the Soul games are like that.

Final bosses on the Soul games are like that.

Yeah, they've gotten progressively easier and easier. Allant was decent, in my opinion. Gwyn, despite having the coolest final boss music (who would expect that as final boss music!?) I'd heard in a long time, was a pushover. And now this one. I facetanked. Dual wielding katanas. Just, disappointing.

Yeah, they've gotten progressively easier and easier. Allant was decent, in my opinion. Gwyn, despite having the coolest final boss music (who would expect that as final boss music!?) I'd heard in a long time, was a pushover. And now this one. I facetanked. Dual wielding katanas. Just, disappointing.

I'll shamefully admit by the time I got to Allant and died a couple times, I found a spot where I could hammer him with range I think right at the start of the fight and he never moved. I was so exhausted by that point I want the game over with.

Please tell me which these few different areas of trial and error are because I didn't notice them:
if you consider Undead Crypt an area like that, I think that the design of that area is great, if you rush through it you're going to have a hard time, you need to take your time in understanding how the area work, the ghost stones, the bells, all of it

No, the crypt wasn't one of them. It shows you the mechanic with the statues before just dropping you in an area with a bunch of them, even if the bell mechanic is new. Stuff like the gang bang in harvest valley where there is no way indication given for what door is the way out or how to escape without going around and just trying all of them. Or the 2 red phantoms that spawn on both sides of you in Huntman's Corpse on ng+. Stuff where you are provided with no information on the nature of the encounter while it is set up in a way where you don't have any mode of escape/room to maneuver.

I use one-handed so the strong is vertical slice followed by horizontal slash. Light is just horizontal slashes.

I think maybe the guy you fought had a different weapon. Maybe a Claymore cuz that has a thrust attack. I don't really care for the thrust. I was using that two-handed with the Zweihander.

You are seriously missing out. The one handed thrust attack for some greatswords is the best move for that weapon type. Comes out really fast, has more range then it probably should, and doesn't project that much. It is made even better by the specific circle swing that some greatswords have that keeps the sword level all around so if anyone rolled towards you through you attack it will hit no mater what side they are on. Claymore has the uneven swing there that isn't as good.

I'm helping FROM gather data on player preference. Maybe someday they will learn that the PVP matchmaking needs to match up TWO players who want PVP, not just one.

Why should your preference take preference over mine? You get to come into my game uninvited to make my game crappy?

It is part of the experience of these games and it adds non static danger to the world. Doesn't mater if you want it or not, fighting though the challenge has always been the appeal of the souls games and forcing people to overcome these hardships is what makes making it through so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom