• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (PC) - New interviews, details, artwork/screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I wish I could take the word "entitlement" out to the shed and shoot it with a shotgun.

After Mass Effect 3 it has become the new "hot" word that everyone thinks it's ok to use all of the time.

Every time someone questions mediocrity (or just flat out terrible business practices) now it's "you're entitled. Be happy you're getting it. Whiners." and so on and so on.

Has anyone talked about what kind of weapon we'll get from the Black Dragon's tail yet? As far as dragon weapons are concerned we've already got a dagger, sword, greatsword, ultra greatsword, and greataxe. I'm guessing it will be a halberd or spear.

After Mass Effect 3 it has become the new "hot" word that everyone thinks it's ok to use all of the time.

Every time someone questions mediocrity (or just flat out terrible business practices) now it's "you're entitled. Be happy you're getting it. Whiners." and so on and so on.

Nope. Conservatives broke that one out during/right after the 08 election to convince people they don't really deserve the things they've become accustomed to. They've done brilliantly. I hear it used almost every day now in some way.

LiK

Has anyone talked about what kind of weapon we'll get from the Black Dragon's tail yet? As far as dragon weapons are concerned we've already got a dagger, sword, greatsword, ultra greatsword, and greataxe. I'm guessing it will be a halberd or spear.
maybe mace?

The Hermit

Thinking better about it I understand the Pc Crowd rage... playing 720 on a TV is different than 720 on a monitor. Especially with the low res assets and aliasing.
But that doesn't justify the crazy (and hilarious) reactions.

I am still *very* happy we are getting this on PC.

epmode

Thinking better about it I understand the Pc Crowd rage... playing 720 on a TV is different than 720 on a monitor. Especially with the low res assets and aliasing.
So what pre-release porting information would justify reactions like that, in your opinion? The news can't get any worse unless they admit that the PC port only runs on Windows 95 or that it comes with a keylogger.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
720p locked is the only dealbreaker for me. I'd certainly prefer no GFWL, but whatever. I can live with locked 30FPS as long as it's optimized well enough that it's actually locked on decent cards. AA/AF can be forced with drivers, so that's no big deal even if they leave out options for it.

But locked resolution is just silly, I can't believe that would be true. They probably aren't redoing the GUI elements for higher resolutions, but oh well, I'll take a stretched GUI, at least it's not 4:3 stretched to 16:9(/10).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So what pre-release porting information would justify reactions like that, in your opinion? The news can't get any worse unless they admit that the PC port only runs on Windows 95 or that it comes with a keylogger.

I can run it in VMWare. I'm just glad I can bend over and take this game like a man!

Kusagari

I am still *very* happy we are getting this on PC.

That pretty much guarantees it will look worse, possibly much worse going off the screenshots, on PC, and you don't understand the reactions?

Zeal

Banned

Wanna know the ultimate defense to this bullshit argument? You don't give them their money, then they start begging you to come back with nice little "play free for X amount of time" and "plus free additional X" desperation tactics.

Consumers are the true power, not the developers. They don't want you to remember this.

That being said, I will support FromSoftware in what they do however, because these devs are one of the few devs left that really make games for their fans and actually give a shit. The above argument applies to most of the rest.

Brannon

Must be new people from gamefaqs, they love using that word to death.

casabolg

Banned
Wanna know the ultimate defense to this bullshit argument? You don't give them their money, then they start begging you to come back with nice little "play free for X amount of time" and "plus free additional X" desperation tactics.

Consumers are the true power, not the developers. They don't want you to remember this.

Doesn't really help too much when they already have happy masses and those pushed to the wayside are in the minority and easy to forget about but if you're loud you get other people to not play the game and it works overall.

RedSwirl

Man, I don't get why the PC crowd is entitled to such a "superior" version. From Software has always been console centric. I've been playing their games since the early King's Field days so this seems like a small slap in the face, even if it's not really FROMs decision. I mean, it's great that more people will get the chance to play the game, but the fact that there has been no mention of DLC for the consoles is a bit disappointing. Fucking Namco Bandai!

I wonder if things would have been different if Atlus were able to publish Dark Souls. Oh well. =/

That's like asking why Xbox 360 gamers are entitled to a superior version of the game compared the Wii or PS2.

casabolg

Banned
Man, I don't get why the PC crowd is entitled to such a "superior" version. From Software has always been console centric. I've been playing their games since the early King's Field days so this seems like a small slap in the face, even if it's not really FROMs decision. I mean, it's great that more people will get the chance to play the game, but the fact that there has been no mention of DLC for the consoles is a bit disappointing. Fucking Namco Bandai!

I wonder if things would have been different if Atlus were able to publish Dark Souls. Oh well. =/

Oh wow, this guy. This guy, I swear.
You're silly.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this word entitled is really getting thrown around a lot.

According to some people, anytime a consumer think the creator of a product isn't doing a good enough job, they are 'entitled'.

casabolg

Banned
PC PORT DEFEATED

images

cicero

It has absolutely nothing to do with "entitled" and everything to do with basic standard features that every PC game does, or should, have. That a PC would have a "superior" version is simply a given. I sure don't get why you would be so wide-eyed about standard features that are taken for granted on the PC simply because they are usually also a given, unless the titles are lazy or inept ports of console games that is.

You are obviously a console gamer who doesn't care about the PC version whatsoever, except that it might have content that is currently unannounced for the console version. Your pointedly indifferent considerations about something you care nothing about are worthless.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
The resolution thing can't be true, my brain told me so.

The framerate lock I can kinda believe, but the idea of a modern game being coded around a fixed framerate is just... SMH.
Not that uncommon when you make only console games. You have a fixed FPS which you're targeting.

Haunted

Not that uncommon when you make only console games. You have a fixed FPS which you're targeting.
Then what does that say about a developer when he doesn't manage to hit that target on either console the game was released on? :lol

there's a bit of karma at play here
PC gamers don't need to hope/depend on karma, we bend the game to our will. :D Push comes to shove, look for resolution selectors and fps unlocks a couple days after release.

Chemo

God damn, this is a complete disaster. The PC port sounds like shit, so obviously most PC gamers are frustrated. On top of that, console gamers are out in the cold as to whether or not they're even going to get this content at all... so basically no one is happy about this entire situation.

This is a major fuck up. It doesn't change the fact that Dark Souls is easily one of the best games of all time, but this mess really needs to be cleaned up soon.

Emitan

Thinking about just picking up the console version on the cheap and seeing how this all pans out. I'm assuming the Ps3 version is the better version

gdt

Thinking about just picking up the console version on the cheap and seeing how this all pans out. I'm assuming the Ps3 version is the better version

I'd just wait, couuuuuuld be a solid enough port. If not, then just get the PS3 version. Blightown is terrible, but we all made it through. The game doesn't (or didnt, for me) ever get anywhere near those kind of drops outside of BT.

casabolg

Banned
From Software finally becoming fairly mainstream, getting a ton of love as developers, not changing their core principals as game developers, possibly reviving their first person dungeon crawlers on iOS, and all the while getting everyone mad.

Glorious days ahead
DancingSolaire.gif

Golden King Lyle would be proud.

gdt

I'd wait. New content and all. Plus, the PC version could still be superior. If its better, I'll buy it.

Emitan

I already know how bad Blighttown is (watched the first several hours of the game on YouTube) and I guess I can endure it. And then again, with how fucking garbage I was at Demons souls I might not even make it there before the pc version is out

Alucrid

Banned
I already know how bad Blighttown is (watched the first several hours of the game on YouTube) and I guess I can endure it. And then again, with how fucking garbage I was at Demons souls I might not even make it there before the pc version is out
I think the swamp in demons was worse than bligjtown. Fuck that great hollow tho

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Go for it I'd say

Sadly, because With the horrible GFWL (your save game can go bye bye anytime), 30fps,no graphics upgrade,locked res at 720p(or maybe even less) there is no advantage anymore for the PC version, if anything GFWL alone gave the console version the real advantage here.

and you can say that Blighttown is meant to be that way and pretend it's playable and all fine just like Ninja Gaiden 2 fans with the staircase fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom