• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Remaster SWITCH Review Thread

hecatomb

Banned
Eh, I make sure to stay hollowed to avoid getting backstabs all the time. >.>

I'm not into invading others and grieving them either. Only co-op I do is boss fights.
the easiest way not to get backstabbed is use kick, kick beaks all poise, even if they are wearing full havels, a kick will still break their poise. Unless you want to get dark moon blade falichon and mash R1 and kill them in 2-3 hits. The dark wood grain ring is other tool people use to get out of backstabs.

Last edited:

PocoJoe

Banned
Å
I hate to say this but is there any reason the Switch shouldn't be able to handle a 2011 game in 60fps?

It is pretty nifty to be able to play it on the go, I'd love to see the look on someone's face in 2011 explaining this to them.

Reason: switch is not powerfull enough.

Ps3/60 gen could not run it at 60fps and switch isnt much more powerfull even on docked, and higher res eats perf too.

Hypnotoad

Got this game a few days ago for the Switch, first time playing any game in the Souls series. And what an intense experience it is. Going from sucking totally and getting killed by the first enemies to somewhat decent is great, and I had some really gripping hours with it. Just got to the Undead Parish.

With that being said... I won't continue playing it much for now. It's too much of a time investment, so I will wait for the winter holidays, with maybe a few sessions before that in order not to become totally bad at it again.

Top Bottom