• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Not sure if this was mentioned before... I know that the armor are designed in sets and that they also will be mix matched while you go through the game. But will there be stat boosts for having collected complete sets of armor?

tragic

Developer
Just 100%'ed DS2 retail (XBOX).

Total Game Time: 34:00 give or take. Total Actual Time (40:00+).

Two things to take note:

a) This is in game-time only. Pause menu, Skills/Loot Menu, and cut-scene time do not count towards the in-game timer. It was probably over 40 counting all that.

b) I know every puzzle and every encounter in the game. I also know where every pickup is.

Hope you are all ready for upwards 50+ hours of content! Plus, Replay/Leaderboards!

So pumped to hear what you all have to say! Let's go!

Two things to take note:

a) This is in game-time only. Pause menu, Skills/Loot Menu, and cut-scene time do not count towards the in-game timer. It was probably over 40 counting all that.

b) I know every puzzle and every encounter in the game. I also know where every pickup is.

Hope you are all ready for upwards 50+ hours of content! Plus, Replay/Leaderboards!

Wow, that's awesome to hear!

I'm going to try to 100% this game, so hopefully it will be my second ever game after Arkham City to be 100% complete.

I also plan to do my playthrough/LP series on the hardest difficulty, is that unlocked from the beginning or is that only available after you beat the game once?

Now...about these "steam - reviewer" codes...=)

Raptor

Two things to take note:

Probably a little over 80 hours for me then.

:D

Tokubetsu

iWqXEdUcI1bwp.gif

tragic

Developer

Two things to take note:

Forgot to mention. I played on Apocalyptic the first time... and yes, I died... a lot. I played it using a "combo" build. I didn't go in with any defensive abilities as I mostly just focused on damage.

Nightmare Mode scares me! First person to do it legit is going to get a firm pat on the back from both me and Haydn!

I'm thinking about doing a Nightmare Mode stream sometime this week... maybe on Thurs or Friday. Anyone interested? =)

knitoe

Got 2 email from GMG. No key. Neither on the website.

Edit: Just sent them an email, and not a second later, got the key afterward in the 3rd email.

Raptor

Can someone gif from 31 to 35 seconds in that Crucible Vid, Reaper Form went fighting before Death catching it.

Looked completly badass!

Dave1988

Forgot to mention. I played on Apocalyptic the first time... and yes, I died... a lot. I played it using a "combo" build. I didn't go in with any defensive abilities as I mostly just focused on damage.

Nightmare Mode scares me! First person to do it legit is going to get a firm pat on the back from both me and Haydn!

I'm thinking about doing a Nightmare Mode stream sometime this week... maybe on Thurs or Friday. Anyone interested? =)

So, I gather from your post that beating Nightmare Mode is not required to 100%/Platinum this game. Is that correct?

neoism

Yeah, basically. At the moment if you try to launch the game you get what is essentially an authentication error, because the game is still decrypted. With an 'unlock' key, it unlocks the game early.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So, I gather from your post that beating Nightmare Mode is not required to 100%/Platinum this game. Is that correct?

I think 100% means ingame completion rate, independent of Trophies, which I would imagine include difficulty level completions.

It'd be awesome if Nightmare Mode was a trophy in the pack, but I doubt it.

Two things to take note:

This game pretty much confirmed to take up the rest of my gaming in August.

For anyone who preordered on Amazon, your key is now available.

I just started pre-loading

I had $10 in Amazon credit so I went with that over GMG, saved me a couple of bucks.

So, unless there is a miracle, I probably won't be playing this at midnight on release day. Posted earlier about it, ordered PC CE from THQ store. Got a shipping notice/tracking number on August 3rd, USPS. On the seventh, it was in Fishers, Indiana, my state, two hours away from me. Then it showed up in Sparks, Nevada, and now it's in transit in Sparks, Nevada.

Now, I know the USPS kinda sucks, but it seems illogical to me, a package, 2 hours away from you, in the same state, would suddenly go all the way across country. =(

At least yours has left the facility! Mine's still sitting there.

I'll probably be too busy playing the game to watch. :p Sounds like an awesome idea though!

forrest

formerly nacire
Tricky stuff.

When you Deathgrip a Lich, he tries to slam you. In that vid, I pull him towards me, then Reaper Counter his slam.

Tactics!

Not being super adept or learned in the ways of complex combo systems, is there a way to tell which abilities act as counters, cancels, etc?

Top Bottom