• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Duffyside

Banned
They (whoever Digital River uses for logistics) apply a single tracking number to a batch of five, but not of five going to the same place. So you find your city, and that is yours.

Thanks for the reply. I did see that, but other (better) tracking services will show you much more detail about where it checked-in, where it is now, what time, etc. In fact, it shows that information for the first in the list of five, but not the rest.

Just 100%'ed DS2 retail (XBOX).

Total Game Time: 34:00 give or take. Total Actual Time (40:00+).

Two things to take note:

a) This is in game-time only. Pause menu, Skills/Loot Menu, and cut-scene time do not count towards the in-game timer. It was probably over 40 counting all that.

b) I know every puzzle and every encounter in the game. I also know where every pickup is.

Hope you are all ready for upwards 50+ hours of content! Plus, Replay/Leaderboards!

So pumped to hear what you all have to say! Let's go!

Does this include the crucible?

hlhbk

Just curious, but how come? As long as they get it to you in time to pre-load, it doesn't really matter if it is today or Monday does it?

They should be releasing the keys date and day with other online retailers. I only buy games from GMG and Steam, and this shows why.

chris-013

So in Nightmare Mode you can play in Normal/Apocalyptic difficulty or it's Apocalyptic by default ?

What about Apocalyptic ? It seems in Normal you can't die with good skill + level + items...

Is New Game + locked into what difficulty you played on or can you change difficulty before starting.

Also how are the initial difficulties, is it one of those games where normal is easy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guys guys there are like only a few days left OMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ahem, I can't wait super excited :D

dreamfall

Guys guys there are like only a few days left OMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ahem, I can't wait super excited :D

Holy goodness this! I'm busy Harvesting Souls on the iPhone app to unlock that weapon and just getting in the right state of mind for Tuesday.

So wonderful, so soon!

I'm going to start on hard since I just played through DS1.

Man as a first time customer at gmg I'm not too impressed... I wish steam had some sort of dota 2 or tf2 cross promotion...

steadfast

I'm going to start on hard since I just played through DS1.

Man as a first time customer at gmg I'm not too impressed... I wish steam had some sort of dota 2 or tf2 cross promotion...

I still haven't got my GMG code either. I really regret giving them my business. I preordered Borderlands 2 as well, that will be the last thing I think I get. So shitty.

Ferny

I still haven't got my GMG code either. I really regret giving them my business. I preordered Borderlands 2 as well, that will be the last thing I think I get. So shitty.

The game isn't out till Tuesday regardless, why does it matter whether you get it tonight or tomorrow?

I reread Game Informer's cover story on Darksiders 2 in anticipation...few things of interest to me:

* They looked at the game's pacing to make sure the player didn't feel like he was doing the same thing over and over. There's a good mix of traversal, puzzle-solving, combat, questing, talking to NPCs, etc.
* Some side quests are serious, some are funny/lighthearted
* Some side quests involve just killing monsters or fetch quests, but others are more interesting

And I got my GMG Steam key with Darksiders 2 pre-loaded and ready to go.

Facism

getting proper annoyed with my "purchase" at the thq shop. Their CS came back and told me that my order will be pending until their bank recieves money. Well, sure, yes, that much is obvious. They neglected to tell me why they haven't got my money yet.

Paypal are just as lacking in information. No answers from them yet. No record of any transactions or any attempt to pay THQ. Worried that i'm going to miss out on the Season Pass deal due to some bullshit that i'm not being informed of :/

steadfast

The game isn't out till Tuesday regardless, why does it matter whether you get it tonight or tomorrow?

There's nothing reassuring that it'll be delivered tomorrow either. All of there communication says it should have been straightened out already yet still no key.

No one's forgotten that it's a preload, what a stupid thing to say. Merely communicating that GMG does not give me the warm fuzzies the way Steam and Amazon do.

Ferny

There's nothing reassuring that it'll be delivered tomorrow either. All of there communication says it should have been straightened out already yet still no key.

No one's forgotten that it's a preload, what a stupid thing to say. Merely communicating that GMG does not give me the warm fuzzies the way Steam and Amazon do.

The fact that it's way cheaper than both those outlets don't give you enough fuzzy warmness?

grendelrt

Its just anticipation, it doesnt matter in the end (as long as it comes before release in time for preload). It wouldnt bother me at all if they hadnt emailed and told me to get my key haha.

This. Seems like people are forgetting its a preload...

2113191228.png

sup.

Ferny

Its just anticipation, it doesnt matter in the end (as long as it comes before release in time for preload). It wouldnt bother me at all if they hadnt emailed and told me to get my key haha.

Oh yeah that part sucks lol but just saying there is time for release. GMG always ends up doing right by the end.

Aww man that sucks lol.

:( ouch. I believe the dl is ~5.7 gigs, hopefully you'll get em soon. This is my first time redeeming a preorder through gmg, bought cheap games from them in the past and preorder darksiders2, bl2, sleeping dogs and gw2 from em, lets hope everything goes smoothly

grendelrt

:( ouch. I believe the dl is ~5.7 gigs, hopefully you'll get em soon. This is my first time redeeming a preorder through gmg, bought cheap games from them in the past and preorder darksiders2, bl2, sleeping dogs and gw2 from em, lets hope everything goes smoothly

Well ill be fine, sucks much worse for them :O

With torrents running

gtfo maple leaf :(.

Once I get access to it it probably won't take more than 10 hours to download. What I'm worried about is if they don't operate on weekends and I get it late monday.

I'm sure its not GMG's fault, steam has problems with getting keys at some points as well.

edit: Just got my key. Hopefully others have gotten the same.

jfoul

"Clunky platforming" doesn't fill me with joy. "Action-RPG" does though. The first was the Zelda game I wish Nintendo had been making for the past decade or so. Hopefully II improves upon that.

Even though I haven't played the game for very long (40 minutes), I think the platforming is very fluid and fast.

Everything in the game just comes together extremely well, and feels right.

Top Bottom