• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

I bought the DS1 PC in anticipation, still not sure whether to get it for 360 again or off Steam, either way I'll probably buy it on Wii U as well.

Slightly off topic but for people who played keyboard and mouse how do you change the controls to make it play best? Console player suffering at using keyboard outside of shooters.

DieH@rd

Banned
Senator Soufflé;40715760 said:
I bought the DS1 PC in anticipation, still not sure whether to get it for 360 again or off Steam, either way I'll probably buy it on Wii U as well.

Slightly off topic but for people who played keyboard and mouse how do you change the controls to make it play best? Console player suffering at using keyboard outside of shooters.

Move dash to the middle mouse. If you have additional mouse buttons [for the thumb], place spell selector on one, and gadget "fire" mode on another [that will activate crossblade, pistol, portal, chain].

These changes will make you much more agile and deadly.

gdt

Darksiders 1 is still free on ps+ but only 7 days remaining. Grab it if you havnt played it yet !

Awesome Game.

And hope DS 2 is even better !

Awww, I thought you meant the US PS+ :/. This game runs like shit for whatever reason on my pc. Was hoping to get a replay in before DSII.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Great work lads, you did us proud. I'll do a bit of pimping for this too.

Thank you!!
Haydn

Move dash to the middle mouse. If you have additional mouse buttons [for the thumb], place spell selector on one, and gadget "fire" mode on another [that will activate crossblade, pistol, portal, chain].

These changes will make you much more agile and deadly.

Cheers. Hopefully make it a bit easier to get necessary achievements for DSII if I do decide to get it off Steam.

I wonder about Argul's Tomb for Wii U though, is the DLC likely to be out by then? What would the Collector's have inside instead?

Volcynika

Does this game have a pre-load on Steam?

Sweet OT btw.

Hours later than your post, but the first one did have a pre-load, so a good chance for this one to have it too. Hopefully it'll be available by the end of Friday or something, to install it over the weekend.

I am going to stalk the store where I pre ordered it. If I'm lucky they stock it earlier, which happened quite often with other games.

Great OT. Hope the game saves THQ and the next installment is good to go.

RPGCrazied

Very nice OT. Great work. I probably won't be able to play it day 1 though. Can't afford it right now, but hope to play it very soon! I want the PC version.

Senator Soufflé;40715760 said:

Got any wired 360 pads? This may be old info to you, and if it is ignore it, but if you're more comfortable using a pad, why force a control type you're not wanting to use? The 360 pad plugs in to any usb and automatically assigns everything just like the 360, and adds button images so its essentially exactly the same as the 360 version but with improved graphics. Unfortunately you'll need a separate dongle for wireless, and getting an official one of those is near impossible.

Ok so I'm reading a little of the OT and I think I'm a little confused. I just beat DS1 again a week or so ago and seem to misunderstanding things.

In the OT it's saying War prematurely started the apocalypse. But he arrived on Earth after heaven and hell's armies did...am I missing something?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok so I'm reading a little of the OT and I think I'm a little confused. I just beat DS1 again a week or so ago and seem to misunderstanding things.

In the OT it's saying War prematurely started the apocalypse. But he arrived on Earth after heaven and hell's armies did...am I missing something?

That's what is assumed by everyone at this point in the story, this is a side by side story remember

Ezio

Awesome OT guys, very well done. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Haven't pre-ordered but that's ok I'll just pick it up at one of the local stores release day.

Sydle

Excellent OT, I am impress.

This game is right up there with Halo 4 as my most wanted of the year. Day one!

pahamrick

4wvNK.jpg
Alright, bring on Darksiders II. Gonna be a long week.

Probably tack on another 10-12 hours to the steam counter since I played a bunch in offline mode when our internet was down.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Its pretty aggravating that Europe has to wait an extra week for release and really Lazy on THQ's part.

Games only ever release on a Tuesday when its a worldwide release in Europe so why defer a week?

I'm sure it has something to do with staggered release being more cost effective but damn.

I'm sure I would have been fine with 4 GB of ram and a GTX 560 ti, but I went ahead and purchased a GTX 680 and 4 more GB of ram... just in case.

Sid

I'm sure I would have been fine with 4 GB of ram and a GTX 560 ti, but I went ahead and purchased a GTX 680 and 4 more GB of ram... just in case.

You know this game doesn't have any dx11 features or is THAT much better looking than the console versions right?

Its pretty aggravating that Europe has to wait an extra week for release and really Lazy on THQ's part.

Games only ever release on a Tuesday when its a worldwide release in Europe so why defer a week?

I'm sure it has something to do with staggered release being more cost effective but damn.

Likely to do with having the 21st completely to themselves for releases, whereas the 17th they have to compete with Sleeping Dogs, and a few other single platform things like NSMB2.

You know this game doesn't have any dx11 features or is THAT much better looking than the console versions right?

You know this won't be the only game I play with it, right? I actually got it more for Borderlands 2 and Crysis 3, but the high FPS with DS2 will be nice.

I'm kind of interested but the first had frame rate issues on PC and had nothing in the way of graphics options. I'll wait for PC gaf opinions on the 2nd and see.

I'm kind of interested but the first had frame rate issues on PC and had nothing in the way of graphics options. I'll wait for PC gaf opinions on the 2nd and see.

I did a few tweaks in Nvidia Inspector and am currently having no issues with the frame rate for the first game, though I certainly did without the tweaks. I do know that Vigil appear to be proud of the PC port, so I'd assume it will be better optimized this time.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just realized I pre-ordered this from GMG. I'm in NA, but I guess I'll have to wait a week to get it as GMG is UK.

Unless they give the Steam code out early, I guess...

I did a few tweaks in Nvidia Inspector and am currently having no issues with the frame rate for the first game, though I certainly did without the tweaks. I do know that Vigil appear to be proud of the PC port, so I'd assume it will be better optimized this time.

I wonder if they actually included graphics options in this one.

I loved the first one but I can't decide if I want to Day 1 or not. I'm still working my way through Steam sale games from the winter sale, not to mention the ones I picked it from the summer sale. Decisions, decisions.

Skilletor

Entirely by accident, I have managed to avoid all media and trailers of this game.

Loved the first Darksiders, though I thought it overstayed its welcome, it was a nice take on the zelda formula. Really looking forward to this.

Will pick up on PC.

grendelrt

Well this part sucks

War Themed Level 5 Legendary Armor Piece (Save File)
War Themed Level 1 Legendary scythe Chaos Fang. (Any Achievement related to finishing the game unlocked.)

I beat the game but achievements stopped unlocking part way through it, so I guess I don't get the second unlock :(

DieH@rd

Banned
Well this part sucks

War Themed Level 5 Legendary Armor Piece (Save File)
War Themed Level 1 Legendary scythe Chaos Fang. (Any Achievement related to finishing the game unlocked.)

I beat the game but achievements stopped unlocking part way through it, so I guess I don't get the second unlock :(

Both items are achievement based, we will fix OT today [as soon BY2K wakes up in NA].

"The in-game item unlocks are based on Achievements you have unlocked. "
http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/unlock-power-war-playing-darksiders

FtHTiny

Kinda sucks that i played the first darksiders on xbox because i had no good pc back then. Now i miss out on that item but i guess it won´t be that good of an item anyway.

daedalius

Collectors edition has been pre-ordered since it was available, hopefully I can pick it up at Best Buy at midnight!

Will cut into art time for sure :p

Ninjaholic

Neo Member
Guyz, guyz I have an Atari 2600 and a gameboy color duct taped together, I can run this right?

Anyways very nice OT and next Tuesday can't come soon enough. Between this and Sleeping Dogs I will be in gaming nirvana on my PC.

Now to decide whether or not to beat Darksiders on PC which I just won from the GI giveaway so I can get both the unlocks. Bought the original for PS3.

Can you make a large mention of Wii U in the OP? Not like retailers are making that kind of effort, so most wouldn't even know it's Wii U-bound. :/

Otherwise great OP and awesome title! :D

Top Bottom