• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

232424huoyt.gif

So the game unlocks are trophy/achievement based and not save game based confirmed? I lost my DS1 save but got over 80% of the trophies, so hopefully I'm good.

Muffdraul

I lost all interest in Darksiders back when the demo came out and I couldn't get over how blatantly bald-faced derivative it was. But a couple of weeks ago I found myself sitting up and taking notice of the Darksiders 2 previews, the game undeniably looks awesome. So last week I grabbed a copy of Darksiders and finished it over the weekend. My opinion hasn't really changed, but it's definitely an excellent and very well crafted game. It completely triumphs over the fact that it's a rip off, and that's awesome. My body is ready for the sequel.

Might have to flip a coin to determine whether I'll start this or Sleeping Dogs next week, though.

forrest

formerly nacire
Omg spoilers inbound..

maybe I should stay away from this topic if I want to be as surprised as I was with DS1.

Well I didn't include anything that wasn't in the latest trailer, so unless you're on complete media blackout from trailers and all I wouldn't worry too bad.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well I didn't include anything that wasn't in the latest trailer, so unless you're on complete media blackout from trailers and all I wouldn't worry too bad.

Yeah im staying away from too many footage. I did watch the GB quicklook and a few previews but not much.

I have 72% trophies on Darksiders on Xbox 360 by the way.

The True Horseman
COMPLETE the game on APOCALYPTIC difficulty
100 unlocked

o yea

DieH@rd

Banned
There is no way that this is from the PC version:

trailer2gaqhs.jpg

If it was recorded on PC, then they wanted to recreate console conditions.
I have no idea what the settings were for either the game or the capture setup, I can only tell you that the file was labeled as being from the PC version of the game.

I think that THQ's encoding of these trailers is really poor. Here are few PC shots, just for reference. Even if we add little aliasing to them, they are still much more impressive than anything in that Know Death trailer.

Sn4ke_911

from the other thread:

image_darksiders_ii-18706-2301_0002.jpg

image_darksiders_ii-18706-2301_0005.jpg

image_darksiders_ii-18706-2301_0006.jpg

image_darksiders_ii-18706-2301_0007.jpg

^ untouched screens from PC version [confirmed by hdn].

aristotle

Uh....does the Season Pass from THQ NOT actually include everything and only offers a discount on some DLC? What gives?

Am2M1.jpg

wG3yC.jpg

I just took those photos from the Playstation Store. Has this been explained already?

Syriel

Uh....does the Season Pass from THQ NOT actually include everything and only offers a discount on some DLC? What gives?

I just took those photos from the Playstation Store. Has this been explained already?

Crucible = The code that comes in the game box. Free with all new copies of the game.

Online Pass = You're prepurchasing select DLC at a discount. Same as any other game's online pass.

This is no different than any other game offering similar items.

iNvid02

yep, same thing as the uncharted 3 season pass. most passes dont include everything, usually only a few bigger pieces of content.

naughtydog got some shit for not making it clear that the pass only covered the 14 upcoming DLCs, and excluded any content after that.

i guess sony are trying to avoid making that mistake again. either way i would not recommend buying a season pass, they just suck.

Sn4ke_911

a few Voice Actors revealed!

Spoilers are just Names but in case... i put them in spoiler tags.

Death - Michael Wincott

Archon, Lich, Ghorn
- Robin Atkin Downes

Maker Elder, Nephilim
- James Cosmo

Vulgrim
- Phil Lamarr

The Crowfather, Nephilim, Scribe
- Keith Szarabajka

Blackroot, Horse Lord, Soul Arbiter, undead General
- Fred Tatasciore

Corrupt Angel
- Greg Ellis

Maker Forge Brother, Maker Warrior
- JB Blanc

aristotle

Crucible = The code that comes in the game box. Free with all new copies of the game.

Online Pass = You're prepurchasing select DLC at a discount. Same as any other game's online pass.

This is no different than any other game offering similar items.

I bought the game from THQ directly. From their website:

Darksiders® II

shopTHQ exclusive! Pre-order now to receive:

Darksiders II game
Argul's Tomb DLC: Day 30 content pack with additional gameplay
Darksiders II season pass: Day 60 and Day 90 DLC content packs with additional gameplay, plus the Maker’s Armor and Scythe set

Apparently none of the preorder stuff is part of the Season Pass DLC. From the Playstation store it says only a discount is applied to the Maker Armor set. These item descriptions contradict each other.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my preorder and just going with Gamestop. I asked a few times in the last thread and sent a PM to one of the people from Vigil. This is the thing I wanted to be explained, but my comments were overlooked unfortunately :(

Lothars

I think what it means is you get the Makers Set and the two other packs for 20 dollars instead of the normal price if you were to buy them seperately.

I got the season pass free from the THQ Store but It's probably not worth it otherwise.

This game's Artstyle gets trashed a lot, but I must say it is probably one of the best in gaming.

Its so dark while still feeling very animated and not COMPLETELY brown.

aristotle

I think what it means is you get the Makers Set and the two other packs for 20 dollars instead of the normal price.

I got the season pass free from the THQ Store but It's probably not worth it otherwise.

And still no comment on whether any of the pre-order DLC will ever be released to anyone else. The Season Pass DLC schedule makes people assume so, but apparently it's not true since we now know exactly what is being released with the season pass stuff.

Sn4ke_911

"his fate concerns me... *grabs scythe's* yours.. does not..."

most epic scene in the trailer.

DieH@rd

Banned

Season pass cover only day 30, 60 and 90 DLC packages. Those will bring large sidequests and storylines to the game. [most probably 10$ each for those without season pass].

This game's Artstyle gets trashed a lot, but I must say it is probably one of the best in gaming.

In one podcasts developers mentioned that they wanted to show a lot of color in DS2, so that there would be bigger impact when we finally reach "corrupted" areas that have very gray and washed-out colors.

aristotle

Season pass cover only day 30, 60 and 90 DLC packages. Those will bring large sidequests and storylines to the game. [most probably 10$ each for those without season pass].

From my photo you can see that it only offers a discount (seriously?) to an armor set and two pieces of DLC (more than likely single-player). I just asked to get clarification, but it seems no one really knows (or doesn't want to answer).

Syriel

Apparently none of the preorder stuff is part of the Season Pass DLC. From the Playstation store it says only a discount is applied to the Maker Armor set. These item descriptions contradict each other.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my preorder and just going with Gamestop. I asked a few times in the last thread and sent a PM to one of the people from Vigil. This is the thing I wanted to be explained, but my comments were overlooked unfortunately :(

Why would you want to do that? The Season Pass is worth a lot more than any of the basic store-specific pre-order DLC.

The descriptions are pretty clear.

EVERY New copy of Darksiders II comes with the Cruicble Pass.
EVERY Limited Edition copy of Darksiders II (ie every pre-ordered copy anywhere) comes with the first gameplay DLC, Argul's Tomb.

The Season Pass (which is $20) includes Abyssal Forge gameplay DLC, Demon Lord Belial gameplay DLC and the Maker Set item DLC. You can buy these separately, but buying them together as part of the Season Pass gives you an overall discount.

If you preorder at Gamestop you DO NOT get the Season Pass. Instead, you get the Death Rides DLC in its place.

Pre-order DLC is always exclusive to stores for a certain amount of time. While it usually, eventually, becomes available for purchase, I can't remember the any time store exclusive DLC was advertised for everyone on day one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Crucible Pass? Does that mean you can't have access to the Crucible if you don't buy the game new?

1-D_FTW

Wish Steam would send me my gift early so I could get the pre-order items. But what am I supposed to do, e-mail them and ask them to add my Wishlist game already? It'd be an ingrate move.

RPGCrazied

Crucible Pass? Does that mean you can't have access to the Crucible if you don't buy the game new?

Yeah. Like me. I probably won't be able to get it for awhile, so I have to I guess buy all that stuff on DLC. Going to be expensive.

ironcreed

Banned

I agree and I love it. It's like Soul Reaver meets Warhammer, with the end result being something all it's own.

Oh, and the weapons for crying out loud. Simply awesome.

darksiders_ii_online_xqsge.jpg

Top Bottom