• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

ezekial45

Banned
I posted on the IGN DMC board after a long time (basically my "origin" into the world of online gaming forums) and it was a hype post for Darksiders 2. :/

Let's be honest here, would you have made the hype post without seeing the complexities of the combat system in those gifs and videos that came out in the last week or so? Not to mention one of the Vigil devs here giving us some solid info.

That's the way it goes, really. We learn more and see the intricacies of the game as it approaches release. Ergo, hype goes way up.

Zertez

Looking forward to playing this, but my funds are too low right now due to school. Loved the first game and the changes from the first game look interesting. I still have a backlog to work through though, hopefully the price will have dropped a little in a couple months.

Dahbomb

I have known about the combat for a long time and I have been a fan of the original. I only just now made a post about it because it's close to the release date. I only just came out of my blackout mode.

I know more about the DmC combat engine than I do about DS2's. Of course I am not going to make comparisons between the two without actually playing the 2 games but in a week I will have a better understanding of DS2.

pahamrick

Well, its on my brothers PC, so when I play it I don't see steam. I don't pirate games.

If I remember right, the Darksiders on PC got patched to 1.1 because you were able to start & play the game without needing to run steam at all. So, it could be possible if his brother has it set to never update automagically.

On the other hand, you're going to be out of the Darksiders II unlockables since they're achievement based and not save file based.

Haliela

Ok so... Can someone tell me why this game doesn't have release day shipping on Amazon? Kinda dumb. So much for preordering.

dreamfall

Just wrapped up my PC run through of Darksiders 1. Those achievements are super bugged on Steam! Ah, but it was again wonderful. Couldn't seem to find a last piece of Abyssal Armor, but it felt like a really good reminder after playing it on console years ago. Bring on DEATH!

Edit: Started playing Kb/M, ended with a controller. Just felt more natural!

Ok so... Can someone tell me why this game doesn't have release day shipping on Amazon? Kinda dumb. So much for preordering.

Sure it does. It says "Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout."

*edit* I'm a Prime member, so perhaps non-Prime consumers see something else?

Adnor

Banned
Goddamn you NeoGAF, I pre-order it... I'm weak
jba1jqRJ6T9TUX.png

I hope you like my money, THQ, I have only pre-ordered two games in my life, and they are yours.

DieH@rd

Banned
Usually it irks me when difficulties are locked in a game, but for a loot-based game with NG+ I can forgive.

You can start the game with both normal and apocalyptic difficulty, but NG+ must be unlocked with finishing the game once.

NG+ is always in apocalyptic mode.

Hype hype hype hype.

I seriously can't afford to buy games these days (especially at the moment) but I am SO tempted by Darksiders II. I didn't even really like the first, but the new combat, the loot and so on make this look irresistible. Still, it's my birthday next week so maybe...

ced

Mine said free 2 day shipping delivering on that Tues, they just didn't call it release date delivery.

DieH@rd

Banned
After quick twitter search, I came to the conclusion that Forbe's mini-preview of DS2 is the most talked about preview on the web. Overwhelmingly on the first spot.

You can find link to it in the OP.

Haliela

Mine said free 2 day shipping delivering on that Tues, they just didn't call it release date delivery.

Order Summary
Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.98
Total Before Tax: $67.97
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total: $67.97

Two day shipping costs $8. I am not a prime member.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Hype hype hype hype.

I seriously can't afford to buy games these days (especially at the moment) but I am SO tempted by Darksiders II. I didn't even really like the first, but the new combat, the loot and so on make this look irresistible. Still, it's my birthday next week so maybe...

Same here. I'm quite broke at the moment and it's my birthday in about two days' time. Hopefully, the wife will treat me to this. If not, I might have to scrounge for loose change to see if I can pick this up.

So excited since I loved DS1.

Sigh. The predicament of having a family and being a responsible dad.

The unity forum has far more detractors and haters then apologists. You'd fit in there nicely.

Last time I checked, it didn't have much of either.

and I'm not a DmC hater. I just don't have any interest in purchasing the final game. I'm not going to go through mental loops to finds bits and pieces of a game I do like when I dislike the overall package. Especially when we have amazing titles like this one coming out.

Forget topping bayo, or DMC4, I very much doubt DmC can touch this, even on a pure like for like combat and ai level. Whether it's a good game in the end is a moot point. I've seen enough to know it won't be a good enough DMC for me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Looks interesting, but I never played the first Darksiders so obviously not getting this until I play that first.

Hmm now that I'm checking, the first Darksiders is going for $16 at Newegg. Wonder if I should take the bait.

Kunohara

I'm just curious, since I've beaten Darksiders 1, and have deleted it from Steam, is my saved game still there? Since there is going to be a bonus in 2? Thanks.

Lumine

I don't. I finished the game and did most everything in it, but the last achievement I got was for forging the armageddon blade. It didn't get the one for completing the game nor many other ones. Bit stupid they would do this based on achievements when they were (are?) broken. I'll get over it, but it irks me a little. Don't think I'll replay the game any time soon just for the achievements though.

forrest

formerly nacire
I don't. I finished the game and did most everything in it, but the last achievement I got was for forging the armageddon blade. It didn't get the one for completing the game nor many other ones. Bit stupid they would do this based on achievements when they were (are?) broken. I'll get over it, but it irks me a little. Don't think I'll replay the game any time soon just for the achievements though.

Odd. I haven't had any issues with DS1 or the achievements on Steam.

DieH@rd

Banned

Well... game has player-to-player trading system, ask that someone give you that LVL5 armor. :)

I'm wondering if Europeans can use a VPN to unlock the game early on the 14th instead of waiting for the 20th. Will Steam ban people if they do this or is it just when people buy a game using a VPN?

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm wondering if Europeans can use a VPN to unlock the game early on the 14th instead of waiting for the 20th. Will Steam ban people if they do this or is it just when people buy a game using a VPN?

I don't think that they will ban people for that... but who knows.

Kunohara

All bonus items for playing first darksiders ARE ACHIEVEMENT BASED! You will be fine.

Thank you. ;)

Alright cool. I had some trouble with achievements too. I never got the achievement for beating one of the bosses (forgot which one). That one is really bothering me because I have all the other boss ones. I do have the final one, so I'm good.

Lyonaz

Just pre-purchased the game on GMG with that voucher code. Now I only need to finish the first game again on my PC for the extras.

Gritesh

So much hype coursing through my veins right now, excited as all hell and telling everyone I know to get this!! Don't let me down

Corto

Though I have played the first game on PS3, I'm tempted to buy it on the cheap on PC while I wait for Darksiders 2 disc to arrive. I have a War hitch... Decisions, decisions. *goes to Steam check price*

forrest

formerly nacire

Just pre-ordered over at THQ for the season pass. I'm not a big fan of DLC or Season Passes, but they have me by the balls with this franchise!
LLShC.gif

Also big thanks to Diablo 3 and the RMAH for making this possible!!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I and indeed other GAFers have done this plenty of times and haven't had any problems. Valve doesn't seem to care, presumably because neither itself nor publishers are losing anything by you unlocking your game early -- it's already bought and paid for through an approved avenue (Steam itself, gifting/trading, etc.).

Just be sure to disable the VPN when you're in-game/done playing, lest you accidentally purchase something.

Corto

To anyone interested. Gamersgate has the best price at the moment for the first Darksiders game on PC. 6,80€ I'll be spreading destruction with War until Death arises.

I and indeed other GAFers have done this plenty of times and haven't had any problems. Valve doesn't seem to care, presumably because neither itself nor publishers are losing anything by you unlocking your game early -- it's already bought and paid for through an approved avenue (Steam itself, gifting/trading, etc.).

Just be sure to disable the VPN when you're in-game/done playing, lest you accidentally purchase something.

Good to know, thanks.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Can you give us a small guide how to use VPN on steam please? that would be really great.

Top Bottom