• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II - Preorders bumped to Limited Edition

RPGCrazied

I'll go plop $5 on this, if I can still get the limited edition. If thats only for people that already have preorders in, I guess I won't and get it day 1. Also, going to get the PS3 version of the first Darksiders. Only $19.99 free shipping on new egg. I only played the 360 version a couple years ago.

I was just going to wait it out for massive discounts on the game on Steam, but the CE has got me wanting to pre-order it as soon as it's out. THQ had the PC CE at $90 when the console ones are $100?
I'll see if I'm gonna bite when everything is set in stone.

Super hyped.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
I understand people like collectors editions and such, i buy a lot of them myself. But seems like the contents of this CE is rather expensive to whats in it compared to other CE for games out on the market. I can see it for 79.99 but not 99.99. This is just looking at the picture of contents of course.

The replica mask alone costs more than you'd think. I don't know the exact values of each component, but it seems like a decent deal if you put rough prices on each part.

Anyways, I understand, $99 is a lot of cash to dish out for any game. Just buying the standard game is good enough for me :)

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
I know, I know... I do appreciate that an art book in some shape and form is being offered with the collector's edition, I just hate having to double dip since I'm sure I'll probably pick up the official art book once it's released.

What about an action figure? We ever going to see any?

Well, we saw Ds1 models, so it wouldn't be too surprising if Ds2 ones started popping up at some point ;)

forrest

formerly nacire
Well, we saw Ds1 models, so it wouldn't be too surprising if Ds2 ones started popping up at some point ;)

Man I'm still disgruntled I never got my War figurine from Best Buy. Preordered months in advance and was eventually told after a long period of waiting and contacting people that they were very limited and the stock had run out. I'm still hot about that one!

What Ds1 models are you talking about Haydn? Would be nice to see some quality polystone figures or something of a higher caliber.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Man I'm still disgruntled I never got my War figurine from Best Buy. Preordered months in advance and was eventually told after a long period of waiting and contacting people that they were very limited and the stock had run out. I'm still hot about that one!

What Ds1 models are you talking about Haydn? Would be nice to see some quality polystone figures or something of a higher caliber.

Here's the Samael one from Sota:

0212_sota2.jpg

0212_sota3.jpg

and Sota also did a War & Ruin model:

Retail-Image.jpg

H

hdn

Vigil Games Dev

btw Sorry to hear from about your Best Buy disaster, that's shitty.

forrest

formerly nacire
btw Sorry to hear from about your Best Buy disaster, that's shitty.

Yeah, it was definitely shitty, but what are you going to do. :D Those SOTA statues look pretty decent, maybe I'll check them out. I really toned down all of my toys/statues on my desk when my wife and I moved in together, but I'm thinking about resurrecting them all in hopes of getting a little more motivation back for my work! Anyhow, thanks for sharing.

Bioloff

Neo Member
Upgrading mine to CE as soon as they start showing up. Tomorrow I guess?

I want to support this game in all ways possible. I don't even buy season passes, but I'd buy one for this

Joe Mad artbook and Jasper soundtrack. Aw yes

edit: That said, what's the justification of the dumb plastic/statues in CEs now? I don't know why they don't offer an 80 dollar version without that junk then offer the 'big' version with the thing that makes the box too big.

couldn't agree more! I love the CE's that have a different artbook or steel case, and free CE exclusive DLC. I like the feeling of having a case that looks different than the others on the shelf rather than a giant box on my shelf that is so awkward (I'm looking at you, Lord of the Rings War in the North, and Tron, and Halo 3( and reach))

Can't wait. I liked the first one a lot, but didnt love it and that was mainly due to the really inane "puzzles" that served no purpose but to slow you down and extend the length of the game. Otherwise it was awesome. For anyone new to it, go download the demo. You'll know within an hour if you want the full game or not, because basically it's that repeated over and over in different locations.

forrest

formerly nacire
It was up yesterday, I'm still waiting on news from Amazon or some other place for the Collector's Edition before I decide if I'm gonna go Steam LE or CE.

Ah sorry, I just saw a post on facebook from the Darksiders II page. I figured it was a new development.

Here's the Samael one from Sota:

http://www.toymania.com/newspics/0212_sota2.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.toymania.com/newspics/0212_sota3.jpg[/IMG]

and Sota also did a War & Ruin model:

http://www.sotatoysonline.com/images/Retail-Image.jpg[/IMG]

H

Oh, wow. Those look amazing!

MMaRsu

Banned
There was also a time when the DLC would have been boxed and sold for $30 or more as an expansion pack.

Which is better than content taken out of the game so players who pre-order can use it and buy it if you dont pre-order it.

Top Bottom