• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders III Meets Internal Expectations At THQ Nordic

pcostabel

Gold Member
THQ Nordic

Net sales in our Vienna based business area THQ Nordic increased 38% to SEK 352 million, largely driven by the release of Darksiders 3. The game has performed within management’s expectations and has recouped all the investments made in development and marketing during the quarter. In 2019, several DLC’s will be released that will give the game a further boost. Darksiders remains one of the Group’s key IP’s.

Great to hear. I love the series and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Neolombax

This is good to hear. Hopefully this means Darksiders 4 gets made and is wraps up the franchise neatly. Its a great series, it deserves to see a proper epilogue.

Nice to see a publisher not having ridiculous sales goals for a change, then bitching it made money but not all the money.
"Alright boys time for the earnings call. Looks like we made 10 billion in revenue this year. Hmmm.........thats disappointing gentlemen if you ever want to see your wives and kids again I suggest you make us 30 billion next year, no excuses this time.........ok well whats our first move sir? Fire 800 employees and double down on mobile games and micro-transaction!

Kagey K

Banned
Oh look a company that sets realistic expectations and meets them. EA and Activision should take notes. Set the expectations low and hope you exceed them, instead of setting them sky high and getting pissed you fell short.

It’s a great series and deserves to finish telling it’s story so I’m glad it didn’t bomb, even if I didn’t like everything the last 2 games did,

Top Bottom