• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers on PSP is heaven.

IN A PORTABLE! I mean the only thing that could compete with it would be if Tech Romancer went to PSP. Holy shit i'd die.

So anyone pick this one up instead of a racing game ha ha ha.

Belfast

Stop it! I was already tempted to pick it up today, but now I might as well wait for Midnight Club 3. I would get Darkstalkers, but I want to have somebody to play with. I'm not too keen on playing fighters for very long by myself.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
no, but snk's porting kof max impact! which is nice for lyte edge and roughly no-one else. :/

fahrscreend.jpg

Everything's heaven with him. The piece of gum he had, "Oh, this is heaven." Had a taste of a chocolate bar, "I'm in heaven." The parking space is "heaven". It's all "heaven".

MrAngryFace said:
Oh give me a fucking BREAK its not THAT bad.

And your avatar is of a sucky movie! so there!

Haha, I'm just kidding. Haven't played it yet, still addicted to HSG:OT. Seriously, there's nothing like lounging in my den with a PSP and HSG, the system was made for games like this.

Belfast

Burnout will be awesome, but I wanted some high-speed racing action to pass the time. I hope some new summer games are announced at E3!

Ironclad

Oh come on, the load times aren't that bad. Nice way to blow something out of proportion. Anyway, Darkstalkers on PSP is great. The d-pad gets a bit of getting used to but once you get over that hurdle, it plays great.

Smidget

trippingmartian said:
fahrscreend.jpg

Everything's heaven with him. The piece of gum he had, "Oh, this is heaven." Had a taste of a chocolate bar, "I'm in heaven." The parking space is "heaven". It's all "heaven".

:lol

Perfect post.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Loadtimes haven't bothered me too much either. Yea they suck, but they don't exactly suck suck.

I'd probably put Darkstalkers ahead of even GGX2 on the 2D fighter pyramid even today, absolutely amazing how brilliant the game holds up over these past dozen years. Still miss the classic backdrops tho.

Just got HSG and am really digging it too, but only 6 courses? I thought this bundled everything from Fore? :(

DCharlie

Banned
Can someone boot sega up the arse whilst repeating "VF4 for PSP" over and over again?

Wireless play - VF4 - PSP .... i'd have to be wearing rubber pants whenever i leave the house (err... like i'm not wearing those today!)

Hero

I picked this up at launch because I love Darkstalkers and I love 2D fighting games. Great title, wish it were on a console instead. I hate using the L/R buttons frequently on it.

Loading times are atrocious though. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper for GBA for life.

Odnetnin

Banned
trippingmartian said:
fahrscreend.jpg

that's such a great post.
(especially when you see/read it was a sopranos gansta type accent)

:lol :lol :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I Love SFA3 on GBA. Not to mention KOF EX2 and Guilty Gear AE. But I'll take some loading times if that means a perfect port on a portable system. The Darkstalkers Chronicle only had content ADDED to it, which is nice to see on a portable for once.

Load times are about the same as a PSX fighting game from Capcom, and the worst load times are for the initial match up; it's not so bad. Obviously it would be better to have NONE, but the load times aren't what I'd call "atrocious." Last Blade on a Neo-Geo CD single speed system? Now THAT'S atrocious.

drohne said:
no, but snk's porting kof max impact! which is nice for lyte edge and roughly no-one else. :/

HAR HAR HAR

I don't think MI is the greatest fighter ever. I *do* like it for what it is, however. It's fun. I'd buy a PSP version in a heartbeat.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a new version of the game, but I wonder if it really is coming at this point since SNK hasn't said a word about it.

Drinky Crow said:
Oh God, VF4evo for the PSP with WiFi play would be better than the best thing ever.

No, VF4 FINAL TUNED on the PSP with WiFi play would the better than the best thing ever. :D

I want to see some version of VF4, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and (2D) KOF on the PSP. I hope at least one of these titles is announced for the PSP at E3.

3rd Strike would especially rock. A new version with the New Generation and 2nd Impact versions of the characters selectable (and the soundtracks) too. :)

Hero

Perhaps not atrocious, but it's enough to get me a little impatient. I play fighters because they're fast and immediately gratifying. I've lost rounds on purpose just because I didn't want to wait another 30 seconds to load up the next character.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
trippingmartian said:
fahrscreend.jpg

Nicely done.

When is Season 5 supposed to start anyway? :(

Ironclad

MrAngryFace said:
Talbain = THE AWESOME. It looks so good on lcd omg omg omg!
Definetly! Talbain is one of my main characters. Especially now that I can pull of the majority of his moves with ease.

Drinky Crow said:
Oh God, VF4evo for the PSP with WiFi play would be better than the best thing ever.

For me, having any fighter with ultra precise controls on a portable is gonna be tricky.

Darkst

...loading...

alkers is an

...loading...

okay fighting game.

...loading...

but the

...loading...

load times

...loading...

are atro

...loading...

cious, the

...loading...

controls are ill-

...loading...

suited to the

...loading...

PSP's D-pad

...loading...

and the

...loading...

aspect rat

...loading...

io means th

...loading...

at the top

...loading...

and bottom

...loading...

of the

...loading...

screen is crop

...loading...

ped.

DCharlie

Banned
"30 seconds for a character to load? jesus. Try 5-7. "

actually , i wonder if the load times were improved over the japanese game?

without lying, we are talking about 18 second pre-fight loads.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
They musta been improved, no way are the loadtimes in the US anything beyond 10 seconds at its worst. (Which is about 10 seconds too long for 2005...)

Volt

Just received it in the mail !
Looks and sounds brilliant, and so far the load times haven't annoyed me yet. 10 seconds? It's not even that much I believe, it's probably closer to 5 seconds at its worst.

Anyway, haven't played a Darkstalkers game before, so I'm still figuring out what all the special moves etc. are like. Still, I think it's a marvelous game, and a perfect addition into any fighting fan's collection!

Top Bottom